my 71 SS 454

KennyAdams

Kenny, that looks like you got a very good deal.  Looks like you could take it to cruises and turn some heads.  It does look like the rear bumper has the same issues most of these cars developed over the years with the outer portion of the bumper starting to flare out to become wings but most bumper shops will repair that as part of the plating process.

Rob

Wow, Kenny, if the drivetrain and interior are in decent shape, you may have just scored the deal of the decade!  Congratulations and enjoy!!

Thanks everyone. The interior was out of the car when I bought it. New carpet, headliner and a lot of other parts were in the trunk. Got home yesterday and all my interior from Legendary was here. As far as the bumper it is not the SS bumper but the original SS bumper was with all of the parts I got with it. It is in a lot better shape and I am going to get it repaired and rechromed. It even had a brand new rubber strip for the bumper in the trunk. Also found the original brake booster in the parts and am going to send it to brake boosters.com to get it rebuilt and re plated. I also got a full set of tinted glass and enough trim molding for complete car. Still haven't went through all of the parts but i did get a deck lid, core support fan shroud and a couple of complete dashes with idiot lights. I can't wait to get it finished. Thanks for all of the compliments on the car. I will keep posting pics. It is also a complete numbers matching car.

It is a Baltimore car Sam. I haven't found a build sheet. Hopefully when I take the seats apart I will find it. The only problem is previous owner lost the original drivers seat but he had another set of seats.

A real SS for 500 bucks more than I got mine for? Sooooo jealous... 

May just have to shine my paint up and perform a switch some night >.> <.<

Thanks again guys. It is a straight body. The person I bought it from was a paint and body man. He painted it in 2001 and it never left the garage until I bought it so the paint has no weathering on it. Can't wait to get it finished. Every time I think I am going to have time to work on it something comes up.

Has anyone ever used brake boosters.com in Oregon? I talked the guy there and he sounded like a really nice guy and very knowledgable. And best of all price wasn't bad. 175 to rebuild and re plate my original booster. That included return shipping.