Truck hit a milestone

cny first gen 71

It hit 100000 miles yesterday on my way to get the batteries for my camper tested. The batteries didn't do so well they are about 6 years old and didn't test well so need to be replaced at about 100 bucks each, but the truck is running great and still looks good too. Hopefully it lasts several more years as the new ones are out of site now.

20220411_123857.jpg

• Like 3

Congratulations! Lol. What year and engine? I recently turned 107k in my 2010 5.3 Sierra and an afm lifter took a crap. Even though I had it turned off with a computer tune years ago. 

1 hour ago, MC1of80 said:

Congratulations! Lol. What year and engine? I recently turned 107k in my 2010 5.3 Sierra and an afm lifter took a crap. Even though I had it turned off with a computer tune years ago. 

It's an 2011 2500hd 6.0 gas. I had a 05 5.3 it had 226000 when I sold it to go to a 3/4 ton when I got my bigger trailer. 

57 minutes ago, MC1of80 said:

Ok. The 6.0 doesn't have the afm/dod. Only the 5.3 does. Phew! Your good. Lol

That's good because I have no idea what they are. Only thing other than normal maintenance is tps and throttle body. So far it's been a good truck a little over 2 years now.

Lol mine was good since I purchased it in 2013 till this February. Lol the afm/ dod is the displacement on demand, shutting off of cylinders for better fuel economy, allegedly. Lol. The 6.0 did not get the dod. Known problem, especially when the milage surpasses 100k. Some sooner. 

17 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

You gotta love those milestones.  Too bad about the camper batteries.  

rob

They lasted 6 seasons from what I'm hearing that's not to bad, had to go sooner or later I guess. Better now then sometime when we're cramping somewhere.

My 2014 GMC 5.3 has about 55,000 miles, started missing on idle at 50,000, fuel injectors had to be replaced. Engine light had come on... wasn’t a cheap repair.. then the fuel pipes or lines to the injectors started leaking , had to be replaced... while I was on vacation in oct last year in Tenn.  Luckily a nice GMC dealer in alcoa Tn got it fixed in a week so I could go home ...  Needless to say I think there should have been a recall on the injectors because they said it’s a common problem with that engine.. I’m still leary of it... 

• Like 1

I don't drive without it.

2001 Yukon 6.0,,, 175,000 trouble free miles.. 

My Dodge truck, Cummings engine , 450,000 miles… original injector pump lasted about 375, 000 miles.. 

I am using it in my Money Carlo as well.

1183098068_ScreenShot2022-04-14at9_07_52AM.thumb.png.a896875de29285a98d4ddbdfad953b79.png

46 minutes ago, EVC said:

I don't drive without it.

2001 Yukon 6.0,,, 175,000 trouble free miles.. 

My Dodge truck, Cummings engine , 450,000 miles… original injector pump lasted about 375, 000 miles.. 

I am using it in my Money Carlo as well.

1183098068_ScreenShot2022-04-14at9_07_52AM.thumb.png.a896875de29285a98d4ddbdfad953b79.png

I've used sea foam before, was thinking about trying the lucas stuff. Good to know it works, they do make good products. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

I've used sea foam before, was thinking about trying the lucas stuff. Good to know it works, they do make good products. 

Walmart is about $25 per gallon .. I purchased some in the 4 oz bottles so I could refill them at home or on the road.. It's expensive in the small bottles. I carry a couple of small bottles and a quart bottle in each car… Easy to refill when traveling .. 

I've also heard that seafoam is a good product … Never used it…