Countdown To Carlisle MIni-Meet

Rob Peters

2 hours ago, bob 71 said:

steve and rob hope you both get better soon

Thank you Bob, I seem to have this Covid thing on the ropes.  My doctor told me with the Vaccinations being up to date it should be considerably better in 3 to 5 days and it is right on track.

rob

• Like 4

The countdown continues.  After today we will be at 17 days and a wake up before our members will be arriving on Thursday June 22nd.  That will be a busy day once people start arriving a little after lunchtime.  There will be Old friends greeting, new friends being made, car washing, Canopy decorating, pizza eating, go-cart racing, bench racing and Left, Center Right games.

rob

• Like 6

Sorry I missed a few days on our countdown.  We are at 14 days and a wake up.  That is ONLY 2 weeds and a wakeup till our members will start arriving in Carlisle, Pa for our Mini-Meet.  It is not too late to join us.  I heard from a member a couple days ago that they have just registered his car and also the hotel honored the club special rate.  So, if you have found that you may be able to make it please feel free to contact me and the hotel and Carlisle Events.  If you need assistance please let me know.

rob

• Like 1

We are now less than 2 weeks away!!!  After today we will have just 13 days and a wake-up until the Carlisle Mini-Meet.  See you soon!

rob

• Like 3

After today we will be at 12 days and a wake-up, that is only a dozen days and a wake-up before our Mini Meet. We will be arriving one day after the longest day of the year.

rob

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

After today we will be at 12 days and a wake-up, that is only a dozen days and a wake-up before our Mini Meet. We will be arriving one day after the longest day of the year.

rob

The longest day of the year?  Well at least the week before will be all long days 🤣Packing, loading, and prepping 🤣 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

After today we will only have 10 days and a wake-up till we start arriving in Carlisle for the FGMCC GM Nationals Mini-Meet.   

This means we don't have to take our shoes  and socks off to continue our count down, you can do it on your fingers.

Do you know what else that means?  Yep, tomorrow our countdown will enter SINGLE DIGITS!!!

rob

• Like 5

Looking forward to seeing everyone again.  Old members, new members, people who we haven’t seen in a year!   I may actually have to get my car out and dust it off, pollen has been horrible this year 

• Like 3

So, after today we will be at 9 days and a wake-up till we are arriving in Carlisle.  

We are now in single digits in our coutdown to fun, seeing old friends and making new.

rob

• Like 3

4 hours ago, abcdefghii said:

I'm still 50/50 on making it to this, I want to for various reasons, but just not yet sure if the schedule will work out for it.

If you get the chance its worth the trip, solo or with a Monte 👍I know life sometimes doesnt make for easy decisions, but as Rob posted in another thread people renew their memberships just to go to some of the meets. 

• Like 5

Oh, the tingles are starting to run up the spine now.  After today we will be at 8 days and a wake-up until we start arriving at the Fairfield Inn and Suites.

I bet some of you have already started to pack.

rob

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

I bet some of you have already started to pack.

Yeah, about a week ago. I tend to over pack (spare parts, tools, etc.)

• Like 5

15 hours ago, DragCat said:

If you get the chance its worth the trip, solo or with a Monte 👍I know life sometimes doesnt make for easy decisions, but as Rob posted in another thread people renew their memberships just to go to some of the meets. 

This time, will definitely be without a Monte, mine is currently a shell in the back of the shop while I catalog what I have vs what I need. But, hopefully a couple years or so and I will be driving it up! If I do head up it will just be for the 24th and a quick up and back sort of trip. Say hello, look at some cars, walk the swap meet and head home. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, jft69z said:

Yeah, about a week ago. I tend to over pack (spare parts, tools, etc.)

I haven't started the packing yet, probably Monday. But I have started my checklist, will probably still forget something 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

I’ll start Wednesday night. Pack what I remember and buy what I forgot. 

All of you rich do that kind of thing us po folks do without

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Doug dropped off the trailer after dinner. Need to rotate the tires (new 2 years ago), check the bearings (same- greased/new 2 years ago), mount the winch inside and then start putting stuff in it.

"Sh!*'s getting real"........ (Same line I used nearly 6 years ago when the status suddenly went from a 5 year business relationship/friendship to a full blown relationship with my girlfriend. She even had a key chain made with that date and line 😁). 

20230613_232724.jpg

• Like 6

5 hours ago, jft69z said:

"Sh!*'s getting real"........ (Same line I used nearly 6 years ago when the status suddenly went from a 5 year business relationship/friendship to a full blown relationship with my girlfriend. She even had a key chain made with that date and line 😁). 

Good thing this is a family friendly forum, the "business relationship" comment had me almost have coffee coming out my nose. I'll keep those thoughts/comments to myself for a couple more days 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

37 minutes ago, DragCat said:

Good thing this is a family friendly forum, the "business relationship" comment had me almost have coffee coming out my nose. I'll keep those thoughts/comments to myself for a couple more days 🤣

Yeah, yeah, yeah.....

She was my dog walker/pet sitter (that the ex-gf actually found). Too many bad experiences with kennels when we travelled, then when I went on 12 hour rotating shifts, she would come to let the dogs out as well. Stars all lined up though, my 11 year relationship with the ex-gf ended (should have probably ended 10 years prior 😁) and turns out Sue wasn't as happily married as I thought. Timing was perfect & I didn't waste any time. Plus, she already had the house keys, alarm codes and had slept there countless times (albeit, without ME, hahaha).   Best thing that ever happened to me.

One of my perv buddies gave me a crap-eating grin at the time and says..." Ya know,.... you're bang!ng the baby sitter!". I think he watches too much internet p*rn.

20230614_001032.1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I like Mark had to hold back on my tea!!!!!!!   But nothing but the best for you and the animal lover!!!!  Wait a min does she like the hot tub as much as you Joe????        

• Haha 3

I have to say with great sadness I am not able to make this trip to Carlisle this year due to physical limitations from this back injury, I have had to cancel 3 trips so far and am really bummed out about it. I have notified the club officers. Hopefully I'll see some of you at Syracuse, at this time I'm hoping that I'll be able to make that one either with or without my camper. I'd like to say thank you to a few members that have reached out with words of encouragement and kindness.  I love this club! Guess I'll start planning next year. Hope everyone has a great time and safe travels. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

Sorry to hear you won't be able to attend Steve, was wanting to cruise around with you that weekend. I hope to make it to Syracuse in July. I'll keep you posted. By the way, Trailer Queens? Come on... Drive them, that way we can see what you use to take the bugs off !!gallery_1763_8_1413157507_2588.jpg

Edited by 420ponies
Spellcheck
  • Like 1