Wildfires

Just want to say to all our members in Canada and the upper states, hope You and your Families are safe with these fires. I know the air down here is thick and has a yellow/orange haze. Heard there was about 900million acres burning, I can't fathom that, as homes and people must have gotten hurt, though i haven't heard on that. So everyone please be safe and stay inside if you can!

God Bless 

• Like 10

Yes it's pretty bad here in upstate too, Joe said western NY is pretty bad too. Today is a little better because the wind shifted slightly but supposed to be this way through the weekend.  Hopefully those to the north of us stay safe and hopefully they can get it under control soon. This is from northern NY yesterday near where I was supposed to be camping this weekend but we had to cancel. 

FB_IMG_1686168332468.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

As you saw Willie, it was really nasty here yesterday. It looked like the California smog in the 1970’s. I was out cleaning up and washing my car trailer when the air got really thick with an orange haze that smelled like a wet fire pit. The air quality went down to zero too. I finished up quickly. I then put the central air conditioning on which filtered the air and the odor, and was much more comfortable to breathe. I suggest anyone that has these issues from the Canadian Fires to use you air conditioning, using recirculate and not outside air for your vehicles and home if you have that option on your thru the wall and window mounted AC units. You will definitely breathe easier. 12 States are supposedly affected by these conditions. Please be aware and stay out of it if possible. 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

It's the worst here today in western NY, than it has been since it began. 

• Sad 2

The worst air quality ever recorded in Cincinnati. You can smell it too. Tomorrow is said to be worse. Friday, Saturday and Sunday will be raining so it should clean up. Canada could use all the rain 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, willie said:

Its been raining here off and on so i haven't noticed any haze yet..

Most of it blew to the East today, according to the weather today. Looks like Ohio got it real bad too, like Dennis said.

The air her in Pittsburgh was also horrible.  It looked like it used to when all of the steel mills were here.  When viewing the sun through the hazy smoke it looked like something out of a Science Fiction movie.

rob

• Sad 2

Dennis although i can see the BAD air, and it doesn't look good. A few weeks ago, by us you would see yellow/orange haze by the cars across the street.

And that brings me to, why are those cars facing you, and/or you facing them? There aren't any blocks/streets here that do that. The crazy drivers here would all be zig zagging down the block!!  Someone is in the wrong lane!!!  lol

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, willie said:

And that brings me to, why are those cars facing you, and/or you facing them? There aren't any blocks/streets here that do that. The crazy drivers here would all be zig zagging down the block!!  Someone is in the wrong lane!!!  lol

Willie, it looks to me like each side has two left turn lanes and two straight lanes and Dennis and the car directly across from him are in the turn lanes.

rob

2 hours ago, Dtret said:

Yep. Rob is correct. Turn lanes. 

Sometimes I get something right.  I look at like "sometimes even a blind squirrel finds a nut"

rob

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

They say it's the worst wild fires in Canada on record. It's been really bad here in Rochester, NY. even with over 4" of rain in the past 2 days. and awful humid too. I've been sweating my but off working on my new 71.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2023 at 8:04 AM, willie said:

Just want to say to all our members in Canada and the upper states, hope You and your Families are safe with these fires. I know the air down here is thick and has a yellow/orange haze. Heard there was about 900million acres burning, I can't fathom that, as homes and people must have gotten hurt, though i haven't heard on that. So everyone please be safe and stay inside if you can!

God Bless 

The air today once again is horrible. Hope everyone stays healthy. Hope they get control over the wild fire's 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chris shipley said:

The air today once again is horrible. Hope everyone stays healthy. Hope they get control over the wild fire's 

It's bad here today, in western NY State as well.