New Guy

ouch

Hey this is Rich. I had been wanting to get another 70 Monte after selling my 1st 70 Monte 30 years ago. Luck would have it I got my second one and It's going to get modified. No reaI factory options were picked but it has very little rust. I am looking for any help on parts selection of aftermarket handling package experience. My goal is to keep it looking stock but handle and run like a modern car. Hope to have some good expereinces here. Thanks

Used-1970-Chevrolet-Monte-Carlo-V8-Auto(2)-Copy-Copy.thumb.jpg.171bde012cfa2118fd2127b100ac8e82.jpg

• Like 9

Welcome Richard! Nice looking Monte to start you creation with. We love pics here and helping others fix, modify or whatever their rides. Ask away! 

• Like 2

Very nice car. I’m one of the “keep it original guys” but there is a ton of knowledge here by the” I’m not keeping it original guys.” They have seen it and/ or done it. So just ask. O ya welcome by the way. 3rd edit. We love spending O.P.M. (other people's money). Lol. 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Nice car ouch, lots of modifiers in this club. Welcome and have fun! PS , I would be specific in your modification questions. I’m sure someone has been there and done that .. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Welcome Rich!!!    Your car, do what you like. (but try and save the stock stuff, just in case you want to put it back someday!) lol

• Like 3

15 hours ago, ouch said:

Hey this is Rich. I had been wanting to get another 70 Monte after selling my 1st 70 Monte 30 years ago. Luck would have it I got my second one and It's going to get modified. No reaI factory options were picked but it has very little rust. I am looking for any help on parts selection of aftermarket handling package experience. My goal is to keep it looking stock but handle and run like a modern car. Hope to have some good expereinces here. Thanks

Used-1970-Chevrolet-Monte-Carlo-V8-Auto(2)-Copy-Copy.thumb.jpg.171bde012cfa2118fd2127b100ac8e82.jpg

Welcome nice looking monte you have

• Like 2

Richard, I hope to get to meet you and see your beautiful Monte in Carlisle next June at our Eastern Meet.

rob

• Like 1

Welcome!!!  The first thing I would recommend for any aftermarket enhancements is painting it Shadow Gray. It’s Rob’s, Willie’s and Dennis’s favorite color on a First Gen Monte. Observe…

7D389382-2B12-44FF-A831-4235E2C1EF55.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Glen said:

Welcome!!!  The first thing I would recommend for any aftermarket enhancements is painting it Shadow Gray. It’s Rob’s, Willie’s and Dennis’s favorite color on a First Gen Monte. Observe…

7D389382-2B12-44FF-A831-4235E2C1EF55.jpeg

In reality, Shadow gray is only one of my favorites.  I also like Astro Blue on a 70.  I like Classic Copper on a 71.  Dang, I like most of the colors on First Gen Monte's

rob

• Like 5

I do like the Shadow Gray. But my favorite is the dark maroon. But yet all mine are the bathtub colors of the 70’s. Spring green, gold and light blue. Can’t say I’m a fan of my color selection but they are what they will remain. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

Oh, I forgot.... I also like the 70 color of Black Cherry

rob

Same here. That and the silver would be my 3rd and 2nd choices, respectively. 

• Like 1