Old , new guy ! Love the first gens ...

Jim Jackson

I have a 70 402  4sp. 86,000 mi. green with buckets. No console, no power steering, rear defrost in rear window deck. Dealer installed remote trunk release, tach and gauges. very minor rust. Original motor gone before I got it, has a 68 - 396 built 3,000 mi. on it or so. Rebuilt the 12 bolt with 3:55 Richmond gears and a Eaton posi. With Ralleys.  I welded a heavy chevy cowl hood on it and had a friend put stripes on hood and trunk. Paint is shot on the car good 40 footer LOL...I have owned the car for 27 years !

• Like 9

Welcome to the site, sounds like you have a nice driver there. Nothing wrong with that mine is a 15 footer but I drive it all over and looks good in pictures too. I built a cowl hood for mine a couple years ago. We do love pictures here lots of great people here and very knowledgeable too in case you run into any problems someone has probably had the same problems. 

• Like 1

Welcome Jim!!!!   Sounds like she is a beauty!!!   Would Love to see her !!   Best place to be if you have a Monte, A ton of great people with plenty of knowledge!!!

• Like 1

Just drag pictures into the lower area, or hit the 'add files' button.

Sometimes if the picture is too large it won't load. Resize them if needed, and try again. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

I was going to say that Joe but wasn't sure if it was the same for new members thank you.

It is for the first 30 days, pretty much unlimited access. After that, it reverts to the limited 'non-member' restrictions.

• Like 1

Welcome Aboard The Boards.... we hope you like what you see here and decide to become a full fledged dues paying member of the club.  As others have said, we love First Gen Monte pictures so flood us with some.

rob

• Like 1

Welcome Jim !! Glad you found us and will hopefully become a full fledged dues paying Club member. Photos are always welcomed and we hope you enjoy it. 

Welcome to the club website. I saw your car and spoke to you at the Street Machine Nationals in St. Paul, MN recently. It was on Friday. I'm the guy that told you I have a '71 402 4 speed, but I didn't have much time. A guy was waiting for me to return to my car. I was wanting to go back and talk with you more, but we had the storm with high winds go through. We had to lower and hold onto our pop up shelter. By the time I got back to your area, you had left. Good luck with your sale!

Dan