2024 Eastern Meet Attendees And Other Stats As Of Sep 27, 2023

Rob Peters

1 hour ago, cny first gen 71 said:

We're going to need a bigger parking lot for bench racing šŸ˜³

Absolutely!. But this is a good problemĀ 

• Like 4

On 3/22/2024 at 11:44 AM, cny first gen 71 said:

I was wondering that too, I guess sometimes glasses are more important šŸ¤” maybe California is it owne country now wouldn't that be nice. Just like they are talking about making NY city it's own state that would be great for the rest of the state but we'll keep long Island though. But the city would probably go broke in a month or so without upstate money flowing in. Oh well we can only dream about that. But yes this is going to be a great meet for sure.

Theyā€™re Ā already broke ā€¦ and California:(ā€¦hopefully Ronnie from calif decides to stay here come June. :)ā€¦they would be most welcomeā€¦

• Like 4

Just a few stats toĀ  share with you:

Numbers by years:Ā  70's =27Ā  Ā  71's = 16Ā  Ā  72's=18

Arrival Days =Ā  Tuesday = 5 MembersĀ  Ā  Ā Wednesday = 19 MembersĀ  Ā Thursday =Ā  55 MembersĀ  Ā Friday= 7 & Saturday 1

Classes:Ā  Ā Stock=15Ā  Ā Street=17Ā  Ā  Modified=19Ā  Ā  Super Modified=9

States represented 19Ā  Ā Province's=2

rob

• Like 8
  • Thank You! 1

Super Modified?

For some reason that category doesn't ring a bell, is that for the club or was it a option to choose when registering at Carlisle?

Ā 

Ā 

23 minutes ago, 502ci said:

Super Modified?

For some reason that category doesn't ring a bell, is that for the club or was it a option to choose when registering at Carlisle?

Ā 

Ā 

Club only, Bill.

Rob gave some details here:

https://www.firstgenmc.com/forums/index.php?/topic/28511-2024-eastern-meet-car-class-registrations/

Ā 

• Like 2

Thanks for the quick response.

Not sure what I listed my car under...it surely needs to be in "Super Modified" class in that case.

On a side note I never have my car judged in the club or at Carlisle. I never put the paper on the dash.Ā 

Maybe someday when/if it ever gets restored I will.Ā šŸ™‚

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, 502ci said:

Thanks for the quick response.

Not sure what I listed my car under...it surely needs to be in "Super Modified" class in that case.

On a side note I never have my car judged in the club or at Carlisle. I never put the paper on the dash.Ā 

Maybe someday when/if it ever gets restored I will.Ā šŸ™‚

In all honesty I donā€™t think that many of us members really care about the cars being judged. Itā€™s more about the having fun with the group. Iā€™ve gone to shows and have been told to put the sheets on the dash. I just throw them in the back seat. If they want them, they can find them. lol.Ā 

• Like 6

Same here. Before I joined this group, I never entered a show to be judged. To me, it's a $25/year parking spaceĀ šŸ¤£.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, jft69z said:

Same here. Before I joined this group, I never entered a show to be judged. To me, it's a $25/year parking spaceĀ šŸ¤£.

Thats how I look at it too. The "reward" comes from the trip mostly, but also the folks in the club. I love driving the Monte and bench racing. It's always an adventure and not to be missed.Ā :2beers:

Ā 

The event itself is, to me, the same old same old..... same vendors and same sitting around near cars. (yawn)

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, cbolt said:

Thats how I look at it too. The "reward" comes from the trip mostly, but also the folks in the club. I love driving the Monte and bench racing. It's always an adventure and not to be missed.Ā :2beers:

Ā 

The event itself is, to me, the same old same old..... same vendors and same sitting around near cars. (yawn)

I agree 100 % I'd never drive that far just to go to a show, it's all about the people, the fun we have and the bench racing. My car is not an award winner and I don't care it's all about the fun, the people and have made some great friends along the way.

• Like 6

I only count the changes to amuse myself, and deflect on the $$ ive droppedĀ šŸ¤£Ā I'm not really a car show person but obviously I keep showing up to the meets without a car because of THE PEOPLE.Ā 

Last year at Carlisle I had to change my entry from Monte to SuburbanĀ šŸ¤£Ā Didnt care still parked with the club . Someone even tried to park with us with a Blue Oval , they were quickly re-routed to the non-participating parking areaĀ šŸ¤£

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Dtret said:

In all honesty I donā€™t think that many of us members really care about the cars being judged. Itā€™s more about the having fun with the group. Iā€™ve gone to shows and have been told to put the sheets on the dash. I just throw them in the back seat. If they want them, they can find them. lol.Ā 

Ā 

13 hours ago, jft69z said:

And yet you two continue to judge me on a daily basis. Ā Oh, the ironyā€¦

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

57 minutes ago, DragCat said:

I only count the changes to amuse myself, and deflect on the $$ ive droppedĀ šŸ¤£Ā I'm not really a car show person but obviously I keep showing up to the meets without a car because of THE PEOPLE.Ā 

Last year at Carlisle I had to change my entry from Monte to SuburbanĀ šŸ¤£Ā Didnt care still parked with the club . Someone even tried to park with us with a Blue Oval , they were quickly re-routed to the non-participating parking areaĀ šŸ¤£

I beg to differā€¦

Come on now!! Ā if youā€™re gonna tell a fib, tell the whole fib.Ā I was able to pull off a day of parking with the club. Ā Looks like ā€œsomeoneā€œ forgot who they were parked next to on the show field. Ā Now Day 2? Ā Yeahā€¦I got busted šŸ˜‚. Hereā€™s photographic proof as a reminder for those with short memoriesā€¦

image.thumb.jpeg.d9da43ffda9e9f1078d7d32c980205af.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Glen said:

Ā 

And yet you two continue to judge me on a daily basis. Ā Oh, the ironyā€¦

Yes but you give us plenty of ammo.Ā 

• Like 2
  • You're Welcome 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Glen said:

I beg to differā€¦

Come on now!! Ā if youā€™re gonna tell a fib, tell the whole fib.Ā I was able to pull off a day of parking with the club. Ā Looks like ā€œsomeoneā€œ forgot who they were parked next to on the show field. Ā Now Day 2? Ā Yeahā€¦I got busted šŸ˜‚. Hereā€™s photographic proof as a reminder for those with short memoriesā€¦

Figures, both of you parked next to me...ughhh

• Like 1
  • You're Welcome 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, cbolt said:

Ā 

Very well said Jim!!

rob

• Like 3

With the number of members we have registered already someone asked me if I had any idea what the attendance for the Saturday evening Award Dinner would be.Ā Ā 

I counted up all of our members and guests and if we were to hold that Awards Dinner today and every member and their guest attended there would be 135 people at that dinner.Ā  We will easily fit our group Award Dinner in the vendor food court area.

rob

• Like 5
  • Thank You! 1

11 hours ago, Glen said:

Ā Yeahā€¦I got busted šŸ˜‚. Hereā€™s photographic proof as a reminder for those with short memoriesā€¦

I prefer "selective" memoryĀ šŸ¤£Ā But you are correct,Vicky was there friday. I think I even remember a citizen being a little uneasy walking pastĀ 

10 hours ago, Dtret said:

Two wrongs and one right.Ā 

Before someone misconstrues that comment I'm saying the right was Glens significant other. Not any memberĀ šŸ¤£

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DragCat said:

Before someone misconstrues that comment I'm saying the right was Glens significant other. Not any memberĀ šŸ¤£

I simply took it as two wrong cars, and my Monte was the correct (right) one.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, jft69z said:

Or 2 GM products (right for the GM Nationals) and 1 blue oval (wrong) I'm ok with any of the 3 interpretationsĀ šŸ¤£

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jft69z said:

Exactly as intendedĀ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, DragCat said:

I prefer "selective" memoryĀ šŸ¤£Ā But you are correct,Vicky was there friday. I think I even remember a citizen being a little uneasy walking pastĀ 

ā€œSelective memoryā€, you say? Ā You mustā€™ve been married or in a long term relationship at some point. Ā Itā€™s a must have self preservation survival skill.Ā 

Yeah, there were more than a few unhappy purists that shot dirty looks in my direction. Ā Quite amusing how easily some people get fired up.Ā 

• Haha 3