Just Landed a true 71 ss 454 w/tons of options, need seat covers

Blue, white vinyl top car.  Bench seat, Rust Free Car

Numbers matchine ngine, trans, rear  about 65K miles, rust free, original paint presents at 7/10

AC, Guages(5500 tach),PW, PL, AM/FM/8 Stereo, 4 SPeakers, Tilt, 12bolt Posi 3.31, Rear Window Defroster, 

Ride Pump and Lines/valve present.  Shocks long gone, regular shocks.

Has Cloth Bench seat that likley is a "deluxe" style seat that is shot from the sun.  I'l take and post pics.

I paid 25K, hope I did ok

Where can I fund replacement correct seat covers?

• Like 11

:W sounds like you got a nice deal congratulations.  I believe cars Inc. Has or replacement covers but not sure. There's always legendary I think they can make bench seat covers now. They couldn't when I had mine made. Good luck, cant wait to see pictures. 

• Like 2

Congrats on the purchase! I got my cloth bench seat covers from Legendary Interiors and very happy with them. They match the originals very well. I hear Cars Inc cloth seat covers are good as well.

• Like 1

The factory paint code will be on the body tag on the driver’s side cowl area. Here’s our resources page to help decode it. It does look like it could be Ascot Blue.

https://www.firstgenmc.com/forums/index.php?/resources/resourcespage/

Welcome Ken!!!!  She is beautiful!!!  You did more than well with the purchase you did FANTASTIC!!!!  

As others said for your covers, Legendary! and yes #24 ascot blue!!!!

Another Blue one Steve (we have to be kicking butt on this color thing!)

• Like 1

Beautiful SS. You'll want to check with C.A.R.S. Inc and Legendary Auto Interiors for seat covers. C.A.R.S. will likely have the better price and they are great quality. P.U.I. is another company that makes them, but some say the quality is not as good as the other two. 

Dan

• Like 2

15 hours ago, KenEhresman said:

Blue, white vinyl top car.  Bench seat, Rust Free Car

Numbers matchine ngine, trans, rear  about 65K miles, rust free, original paint presents at 7/10

AC, Guages(5500 tach),PW, PL, AM/FM/8 Stereo, 4 SPeakers, Tilt, 12bolt Posi 3.31, Rear Window Defroster, 

Ride Pump and Lines/valve present.  Shocks long gone, regular shocks.

Has Cloth Bench seat that likley is a "deluxe" style seat that is shot from the sun.  I'l take and post pics.

I paid 25K, hope I did ok

Where can I fund replacement correct seat covers?

Nice looking ride.....congratulations 

A quick  place to start looking for that build sheet would be behind the right front fender between the inner fender and firewall.  That’s where I found mine just recently (Kansas City/Leeds Plant build also). Removing the 3/8 bolt at the bottom of the fender that helps secure the plastic inner fender behind  the wheel will let you push in the inner fender to take a look. Glen had said that was one of the known places the Leeds plant put them. 

1 minute ago, Marks71 said:

A quick  place to start looking for that build sheet would be behind the right front fender between the inner fender and firewall.  That’s where I found mine just recently (Kansas City/Leeds Plant build also). Removing the 3/8 bolt at the bottom of the fender that helps secure the plastic inner fender behind  the wheel will let you push in the inner fender to take a look. Glen had said that was one of the known places the Leeds plant put them. 

Yes… as told to me by Bob, it was shredded beyond reconstruction.  One I have was from under the carpet, front passenger floorboard. This one unfortunately, is hard to read as it was soaked with coolant as a result of a leaky heater core at some point in its lifetime.  You have to hit it with a flashlight to read it, but it’s there.  Don’t remember where Bob said the second one I have for the ‘71 was located, but it’s in good shape.  Happy hunting and please report back with your findings.