I love this place

cny first gen 71

I gotta tell everyone here that I love this family,  yes I said family not club because that's what it is. I joined many years ago and over the years I have made some very good friends.  I've been through some very personal and physical issues especially lately and I've had nothing but support from this family. If there's anyone on the fence about joining and paying the minimal fee to join its well worth every penny. I can always come here no matter how far I am down in the dumps I am  and always enjoy myself. I love the friendships and the banter between members.  Thank each and every one of you for helping me through my hard times, I love you all! I could go on for hours about all the great members on here but I won't,  thank you all!

• Like 20

I’m with you on that. Only been a member since August but I find myself on the site every day looking for the latest posts. I’ll scroll through the archives not looking for anything in particular, but just to learn what I can about these cars. What’s cool about this group is that it’s not just about the cars, it’s about the members lives too. The banter shows how close the friendships are. The cars get the credit for bringing everyone together though.

• Like 10

Very well said, Steve (and Mark).

Same for me & I've said it before, finding this site and group of people has been a 'life changing' experience. It's not only the best place in the world for accurate (as we can attempt to be) information, but also the greatest group of people you can hope to find.

It really comes into focus after you've been to some of the group gatherings and actually put faces to names you've met on the forum. That is where it got personal for me. I'll talk or text a bunch of these guys daily in some cases, and others are in my phone book and it's easier to call them to ask/answer a question than type it out 😁.

• Like 10

Same here, wont give it up till i start pushing up daisies!!!  Been here for 15+- years and had no car for years but still was accepted as one of there own, cars are really a big part, but are secondary here. Its the people, comradery and the fun i have. As Steve says, Love you All!!!

• Like 9

Well said. I agree!

I've been part of this family for over 20 years and have been fortunate to meet many members at meets over the years. The cars bring us together but it really is about the people. There's something about the type of people who own this particular car. Usually easy going people and no drama. When I started the Western Meets many years ago the experience with the great people in this club surpassed my expectations. It was family immediately and that has continued. This is why members travel from as far as 1,400 miles for these meets annually. I can't wait to see old friends and meet new ones at both the Western and Eastern Meets in 2024.

As far as banter goes, I just have to say "Hi Dennis!" :yay:

• Like 10

On 10/14/2023 at 8:15 AM, Marks71 said:

I’m with you on that. Only been a member since August but I find myself on the site every day looking for the latest posts. I’ll scroll through the archives not looking for anything in particular, but just to learn what I can about these cars. What’s cool about this group is that it’s not just about the cars, it’s about the members lives too. The banter shows how close the friendships are. The cars get the credit for bringing everyone together though.

I hope to see you in person a Western Meet some day. If the 2024 location is too far for you perhaps in the future. 🙂

• Like 3

16 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

I love you all! I could go on for hours about all the great members on here but I won't,  thank you all!

Steve, so true, it is more like a family than a club.  I have been here almost 25 years and made many friends (maybe a couple enemies).  I have visited a number of those members homes and even had my feed beneath some of their dinner tables.

Steve, like they used to say in some of those old beer commercial's....  "I love you man".

rob

• Like 7

2 hours ago, jft69z said:

Very well said, Steve (and Mark).

Same for me & I've said it before, finding this site and group of people has been a 'life changing' experience. It's not only the best place in the world for accurate (as we can attempt to be) information, but also the greatest group of people you can hope to find.

It really comes into focus after you've been to some of the group gatherings and actually put faces to names you've met on the forum. That is where it got personal for me. I'll talk or text a bunch of these guys daily in some cases, and others are in my phone book and it's easier to call them to ask/answer a question than type it out 😁.

I notice Joe did not say if we changed him for the good or the bad.  I have my opinion on that but I will keep it to myself.

rob

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

I also agree with all that had been posted. I got my first one May of 20. I was a dues paying member by June 15( I think) and I will never regret that decision. Now I have all three years and that never would have happened without the knowledge of the group. We may have the banter and the high jacked threads but the poster almost always gets the correct answer. I’m on some of the Facebook groups and they don’t come close to what we have. Everyday it seems as though I learn something new and I really like that. 

• Like 11

44 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

I notice Joe did not say if we changed him for the good or the bad.  I have my opinion on that but I will keep it to myself.

rob

I thought we were past the bullying thing here, but apparently you've jumped on that train too...  :(

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

6 hours ago, willie said:

Been here for 15+- years and had no car for years but still was accepted as one of there own

Well that explains why Willie has my back when I show up at meets with no car. 🤣

I couldn't add anything else to Steves original post so I just kept quiet (yea shocking). 

The group here has saved my butt and guided me in the right direction more times than I can count, knowing nothing of Monte's (except I wanted one ) and crossing from the dark side of the blue oval world🤣

Going to the meets with the camaraderie, good times, and the hooligans was just a bonus. 

• Like 11

Come on guys, I was not being mean, confrontational or bullying.  OK, I will give you my opinion,  I feel we have had a positive effect on Joe.  Certainly not a negative one. 

When you were at the living on the dark side already how can you go anywhere but to up to the positive side.  It was either us or retirement that had a positive impact on Joe.  

rob

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

What they said ^^   The technical info, the hijacks, the friendships, the phone conversations, the shows, the beautiful cars, the laughs, Left, Right, Center,  the bowling with watermelons and more.  It’s all here, wish I bought a 1st gen 20 years ago.    Thanks all!

• Like 8

Went yesterday and had the next procedure done and it's feeling better already,  they say 7 to 10 days to fully take effect but so far looks good. I go back in a month to find out if they will do the final procedure that hopefully ends this whole problem. For the first time I'm actually hopeful this is going to work. All I can do is hope for the best!

• Like 11

Steve, I'm glad to hear this news.  I know what they did for you certainly helped me.  They must have revised the procedure since they did it for me.  I know of one other person who it helped.  People who have never had back issues can not possibly know how painful it can be and how exhausting the pain is.  Prayers the relief continues.

rob

• Like 5

Yea I've always had back issues from beating myself up in the automotive industry for 30 some years but nothing like this. This is the worst pain I've ever gone through and was exhausted all the time. Even after this is over its going to take time to get back to normal  ( water ever that is) 🙃 😅  thank you for all the kind words of encouragement 

• Like 5

Steve, wishing you a speedy recovery.  My wife is going through some difficult times with her back.  So I have some idea what you have gone through.  I hope all goes well and you get back to 100%.  All the best!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...