Happy Thanksgiving

Rob Peters

On behalf of the officers, moderators and amin's of the First Generation Monte Carlo Club, Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Today is traditionally the the busiest travel day of the year.  If you are traveling to be with family this Thanksgiving please be safe.  I guess it would do no good to tell you all not to eat too much but try to do it in moderation as much as possible.  It is also considered a heavy drinking holiday so please, even if you do not partake of any Adult Beverages, remember a lot of people will be on the roads with too much alcohol in their systems so let's be careful out there.

What is on your thanksgiving menu?  For us, along with the turkey will be mashed potatoes, sweet potato's, broccoli casserole, corn-bake, hot rolls, cornbread stuffing in the turkey, stuffed celery and much more.  For this year it will pretty much just be Patsy and I because I have a bad cough, stuffy sinus, sore throat etc so I will not be infecting others we will stay home.  We were supposed to go over to Patrick's house along with his in-laws but with me being sick we will just stay in.

Again, Happy Thanksgiving to you all!!!

rob  

• Like 9

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Thomas and I will be hosting Kevin and his family. Keeping the family tradition going now that Mom is not with us anymore. December will be 1 yr.

Besides a 20 lb turkey we will be making, stuffing in the bird and stuffing without the bird, turkey gravy, garlic mashed potatoes, plain mashed potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes, corn, broccoli n cheese, cooked baby carrots, chicken cutlets (for those who don't like turkey), hot rolls and more. I'm full just writing this. Lolol

Again, Happy Thanksgiving, enjoy family, friends, and freedom!

• Like 8

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Please be safe. 
Karen and I will hosting about 40 people ( planned). The full spread will be served. All the common things and a ton of desserts. 

I hope everyone has a safe and happy day. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Please be safe. 
Karen and I will hosting about 40 people ( planned). The full spread will be served. All the common things and a ton of desserts. 

I hope everyone has a safe and happy day. 

Our invitation must have gotten lost in the mail.  Happy Thanksgiving Dennis and Karen.....   Just one question, no BANANA BREAD :yay::yay:😀?

rob

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

25 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

Our invitation must have gotten lost in the mail.  Happy Thanksgiving Dennis and Karen.....   Just one question, no BANANA BREAD :yay::yay:😀?

rob

I would have thought about possibly, maybe, thinking about sending out invites but I don’t want to get sick. 

• Like 1
  • Thank You! 1
  • Haha 1

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!   The Menu is to long for me to type (probably what Tom and Rob have together) because my beautiful Wife wants to feed the entire town. I have the same conversation every holiday, but to no avail. I have learned to live with it as i feel it's better i bite my tongue rather than everyone being upset over the Italian talk, with hands flailing!!!! Everyone goes home with almost a weeks' worth of food!!! But everyone is Happy and has a great time getting together.

Be safe everyone and have a Great Thanksgiving!!!

(I have to go and set the 3 tables up now)

• Like 6

Happy Thanksgiving to Everyone !!   I get to work both holiday days this week and 16hrs on Saturday, Lucky me!!  I'll have a plate with all the fixin's  for late tonight /early morning ( I work 12am-8am ). We have a 20 lb turkey taking up the fridge as we speak, going to mother in-laws later to cook it up. Ham is also on the menu. Butternut squash from the garden also. Can't wait!! I'll have all the smells of thanksgiving but will have to wait for the dinner. Not to say I'll be the official taste tester in the kitchen most of today.

• Like 3

Happy and blessed thanksgiving to all ! 🦃 

The Mrs and I will be hosting, ourselves. She always cooks a great thanksgiving meal. But I have the toughest job, as  supervisor :)…

• Like 3

We are going to our youngest on the west side of INDY for Smoked Turkey(not a fan of turkey would rather have fried bologna and sauerkraut). Glendia has made the sweet tater casserole and what else we is having I have no idea and don’t care

• Like 2

I found a picture yesterday that I took nearly 40 years to the day in Italy. A few of my USAF brothers got together and decided to do Thanksgiving. In typical bachelor fashion, we were like vultures hovering over a kill every time a new dish finished being cooked. No chance to have a sit down dinner, the serving dish was crumbs and bones before anyone ever had a chance to sit down (it doesn't appear there were enough chairs, anyways). Good times!

Hope everyone has a safe, happy holiday season.

20231123_100603.jpg

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, jft69z said:

I found a picture yesterday that I took nearly 40 years to the day in Italy. A few of my USAF brothers got together and decided to do Thanksgiving. In typical bachelor fashion, we were like vultures hovering over a kill every time a new dish finished being cooked. No chance to have a sit down dinner, the serving dish was crumbs and bones before anyone ever had a chance to sit down (it doesn't appear there were enough chairs, anyways). Good times!

Hope everyone has a safe, happy holiday season.

20231123_100603.jpg

I have a story from one of my Air Force Thanksgiving Dinners.  While Enlisted men and Officers were not supposed to hang out together but working on the flight line and being a Crew Chief on a KC135A we usually became good friends with the flight crews.  One of our pilots, Captain Beck invited my friend and I to his house to have dinner with his wife and family.  My friend and I had made friends with new guy on the base who didn't know anyone and I asked Captain Beck if we could bring our friend, Don and Captain said sure, bring Don along.

The three of us arrived at Capt. Becks (Bob) house and the adult beverages were flowing freely.  The dinner was not going to be ready for another couple hours and our new friend, feeling uncomfortable was partaking of the adult beverages feeling they  would loosen him up.  

Everyone was having a wonderful time and before we knew it, dinner was on the table.  Capt Beck said, where is Don.  We looked around and outside but Don was nowhere to be found.  Capt Beck went into the bathroom to go to the bathroom and heard a noise coming from behind the bathtub shower curtain.  He opened the shower curtain and there was our friend Dandy Don asleep sawing logs in the bathtub with a towel under his head.

We never let Don live it down.  Don now lives in Arizona but not a Thanksgiving Day goes by that I don't ask Don if he got his invitation to Captain Becks for Thanksgiving Dinner this year.

rob

• Haha 7

I almost forgot to list our other Thanksgiving traditions.  After the turkey is in the oven and all of the other dishes ready to go into the oven we put on the movie "Trains, Planes and Automobiles" and also, at Noon one of the radio stations plays the whole version of "Alice's Restaurant"

rob

20231123_114945.jpg

17007585661041341095900293434327.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

I have a story from one of my Air Force Thanksgiving Dinners.  While Enlisted men and Officers were not supposed to hang out together but working on the flight line and being a Crew Chief on a KC135A we usually became good friends with the flight crews.  One of our pilots, Captain Beck invited my friend and I to his house to have dinner with his wife and family.  My friend and I had made friends with new guy on the base who didn't know anyone and I asked Captain Beck if we could bring our friend, Don and Captain said sure, bring Don along.

The three of us arrived at Capt. Becks (Bob) house and the adult beverages were flowing freely.  The dinner was not going to be ready for another couple hours and our new friend, feeling uncomfortable was partaking of the adult beverages feeling they  would loosen him up.  

Everyone was having a wonderful time and before we knew it, dinner was on the table.  Capt Beck said, where is Don.  We looked around and outside but Don was nowhere to be found.  Capt Beck went into the bathroom to go to the bathroom and heard a noise coming from behind the bathtub shower curtain.  He opened the shower curtain and there was our friend Dandy Don asleep sawing logs in the bathtub with a towel under his head.

We never let Don live it down.  Don now lives in Arizona but not a Thanksgiving Day goes by that I don't ask Don if he got his invitation to Captain Becks for Thanksgiving Dinner this year.

rob

I just got off the phone with my old friend Dandy Don. 

I opened our Happy Thanksgiving phone call with:  "Hey Don, did you get your invitation to Captian Becks Thanksgiving for tonight?" Don said "No, did you get one?" I said, "No, I was just pulling your chain."

We laughed about that day some 52 to 53 years ago.  

Don tells me he didn't go to sleep, he says he passed out and since he didn't know the family he didn't feel right passing out on one of the family beds.

rob

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I did eat a very small slice of smoked turkey breast it wasn’t bad but t wasn’t good either. 1 hr and 15 minute drive there and back ready for some food but we only brought home pumpkin cake so that will do

• Like 3