New Guy

Zebb71

Hello MCC, 

I’m in the DFW area, trying to restore a 71 MC that was my grandfathers. It’s been a long road but I have gain lots of ground in the last 5 month. If you’re in my area, hit me up! I would love to chat about Monte’s! 
Here’s a few pick of the progress so far.

IMG_1227.jpeg

IMG_0769.png

IMG_0553.jpeg

IMG_0456.png

IMG_0457.png

IMG_0446.png

IMG_0438.png

IMG_0151.png

IMG_0150.jpeg

IMG_0124.jpeg

IMG_0121.jpeg

IMG_9907.jpeg

IMG_0056.jpeg

• Like 6

:W it's great that your doing your grandfathers car. Lots of great pictures we love them. Looks like quite a project but your definitely moving In The right direction.  Lots of great people and knowledgeable people here any problems or questions don't be afraid to ask.

• Like 6

Welcome Leo! You have done a lot of work. Looks gooooood! I believe grandpa would be proud. We love pics and questions. Show and ask away! 

• Like 5

Welcome Leo! 

Looking good!!

I see the picture of the rear axle and the missing gas tank. I wanted to mention how on my 71 350 4bbl when I replaced all the original small fuel / vapor lines at the fuel tank one had a very small blue plastic restrictor (INSIDE THE HOSE) that I almost threw out! Here is a picture. If you have removed all the original emission stuff, it may not matter at all but I wanted to share my experience.

Enjoy!

IMG_0374-001.JPG

IMG_0369-001.JPG

• Like 6

Welcome to the club Leo!!!  As Steve and Tom already said we Love pics and questions. So don't hesitate to ask!!  She is a great starting point, keep it up!!!

• Like 4

Welcome aboard!  I have been judging and restoring GM cars for over 30 years, your Monte has the first red differential cover that I have ever seen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Welcome aboard, we hope you like what you see here and decide to become a full fledged dues paying member of the club.  You have found the absolute best place to gather information on Frist Generation monte Carlo's.  This site is very searchable, unlike some of the facebook pages you will come across.  Our dues are only $25 per year and well worth the information you can get from the site and first hand knowledge from our members.

Keep the pictures coming because we LOVE Pictures.

rob

• Like 8

Welcome Leo, looks like you’re progressing nicely. You’ve come to the right place for any info you need on these cars. If you decide to join, it’s well worth the $25. Keep posting your progress. Mark

• Like 2

Thanks everyone for the welcomes! I'll keep you guys updated on the build. I'm all about joining as a dues member. 

• Like 1
  • Thank You! 1