FGMCC Members Almost Sweep Carlisle Awards

Rob Peters

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

James - I hear ya! It is pretty crazy to win isn't it???

Congratulations to you!! It is amazing to win when you are surrounded by so many outstanding montes. I've been walking on air since Norwalk & am stunned all over again.

Applauds to Dave & Steve - that was some seriously huge compettition in All Years Monte Carlo's Modified - WAY TO GO!! yay

Oh & to Mike G & RVP - looking at pics, I see I was not crazy...Jerry (Jay) Munday's car did not have black stripes or any black anywhere smile

Jay's Monte was sitting right next to mine - which has black stripes.

Well James it's time to get excited again, because your award is in the mail and on it's way! You should get it on Wednesday and then you can get excited some more! Oh yeah - you Won! Congrats again! Jim.

JimB104.jpg

Hello everyone, just wanted to say congrats to all.

I also want to say i met some really great people this weekend

and had a great time. I met Rob for the first time, great guy, love the two tone paint. Jim great job on getting out of the heat by being called to duty on the inside, and also for the pics. Brian i think yours is a winner. Mike, we have to build you a garage. Dave i didnt get to talk to you much but your car is sharp. Tony (Green Means Go) thanks for info over the phone. Greg and Capri i would like to say,thanks for not sleeping for 2 days car is perfect. CK looks great even if you had to cram a week of work into a few nights. Steve i wish that make shift WD40 would have worked, car is flawless. And a bunch of other people i am sorry i forgot your names. I think from now on when i go bench racing i should be prepared to bring my own bench. I am so glad i decided to go.

Now i have some other news. Some people know my Monte was not ready to be picked up yet.(Hopefully soon). Anyway because it wasnt ready i chose to bring the Grand National but they wanted to put me with the other GN's. I told them that i wanted to stay with my club. They said i might not be judged because i wasnt in the right spot. Needless to say i was judged but blew it off as no big deal i wasnt in the right spot anyway. Later that night i was stunned when this car pulls up and a young lady poses while someone takes her pic. I asked him what was going on and he said

just taking a pic of a new and a older Buick. I told him he had to send me one, he said no prob. So i blew it off. Next morning i find out i won 1st place and Best Buick. So now its like James said....

YOU Mean, I WON!!, WHOO HOO!! I WON!! I didn't even think I'd place with the amount of quality cars that were there.OH,MAN I WON!! This is just too GREAT!! A 3rd place, BUT I WON!! It was a great show and I want to thank all the FGMCC members I met for the very first time.My car wasn't ready for the Ohio meet, (on stands in the garage Transmission out of it)and last minute items to fix along with it.I brought a toolbox just in case something went wrong.It was the longest ride in it yet.No problems there or on the way back,so it was a very good outing with it and I WON!! 3rd Place!Even though it was a tie I still feel GREAT about it!! Dave Schenk,How's it feel to win at Carlisle? This was the first big meet I'd ever been in with mine.ALL the Monte's were "top notch" in my book.Can you see me,jumping up, off the ground, fist in the air, and going, WHOO HOO!! YEAH!! Thanks Again, to all members, non-members, and everyone else I met at the GM Nationals!!

Sorry for the extra long post everyone.

177 CONFORTI, WILLIAM 1987 BUICK GRAND NATIONAL CLASS WINNER

* Best Buick

Hey Willie...do you know that because you also won "Best Buick" you will be getting the show winner jacket?!?!!

Now how cool is that???

yay Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

* Best Buick

Hey Willie...do you know that because you also won "Best Buick" you will be getting the show winner jacket?!?!!

Now how cool is that???

Willie, congrats my man, that is awesome news. Nice write up as well. I have found from all the meets I have attended that I never get to talk with people as much as I really want to. Time just goes by too fast. Look forward to meeting up with you and all the rest of the crew next year, or before, who knows. - Dave

* Best Buick

Now how cool is that???

Boy, you could have used that jacket this weekend, huh.... but only if you were sitting in Mike G's car on the way to the restaurant.

rob

I just want to make one comment. When you pull into the show field and Capri pulls her car next to yours, move your car before the judges get there. They will look at her car and then when they get to your car they will just laugh at the fact you wanted yours judged. I knew whan they pulled up next to me on Saturday morning I may as well remove my judging card from the dash..... JK Capri and Greg, I was proud to be on display next to your car. otherwise I would not have some great door props now. The main problem is wipeing the drool falling peoples mouths off my paint after they turn from their car to mine..... I include Greg because even though the Monte is not is favorite he babies that baby like noone else.

Rob

I just want to make one comment. When you pull into the show field and Capri and Greg pull her car next to yours, move your car before the judges get there. They will look at her car and then when they turn to your car they will just laugh at the fact you wanted yours judged. I knew when they pulled up next to me on Saturday morning I may as well remove my judging card from the dash..... JK Capri and Greg, I was proud to be on display next to your car.....otherwise I would not have some great door props now. The main problem is wipeing the drool falling peoples mouths off my paint after they turn from their car to mine..... I include Greg because even though the Monte is not is favorite he babies that baby like no one else.

Rob

Yea, I cant park next to Queenie, but thats by Capri and Greg's choice. They dont want my Monte trying anything funny wink

That is one beautiful car, with some amazing detail work. Great work on the car, its shows extremely well, as the awards will tell!

Id be happy to park any car with this group, Just look at Willie parking his Grand National in the wrong section just to be with us, and winning!!

Congrats to all the award winners. It was a "GREAT weekend" for all who attended, and great to meet some of my FGMCC brothers and sisters and see their fine Montes. I look forward to seeing you at next years "Eastern Meet".

It was all about the door props, RVP - it just gave it that "showy" look wink But thank you for the kind words - I am still not getting it or understanding it - guess I just see the modified cars as so much more show quality than my plain stock car. They are just so much more flashier & you can SEE the work involved in getting them to that point.

Seriously you are being overly kind & generous to Queenie - there are so many that are way above mine - for example, Tony's, Jerry's & that tourqious one to name a few.......

If you keep this up you all are going to force Greg to strip it down to bare metal & repaint it so it meets his standards & truley is show/award worthy. Greg doesn't understand either why it has won anything this month and doesn't feel the car deserved it either. Everyone really needs to take a closer look at & see the MANY imperfections & problems.

Capri it won the "Stock" class that is what she is grin You and Greg have done a great job with her.

Thanks for the congrats. I truely wanted to park it there to be with the club members. Although i am very happy i won i had no idea, and did not expect it.

Capri i did get the jacket its sharp, i will try to get pics up soon.

Rob i would be more than happy to park next to Capri and Queenie anytime, even if i have to keep cleaning the drool from my car after the hundreds no thousands of people look in awe at Queenie.

Maybe we can get enough members again and hook up with them. They were going to do NMCOA but have changed their minds. They seem to have liked Carlisle enough to do it again next year.

Rob, Crusher from NYMCC won modified with a 502 supercharged 4th gen Monte. Just fyi.

That sound like a great idea!!!

Originally Posted By: 72MC
Maybe we can get enough members again and hook up with them. They were going to do NMCOA but have changed their minds. They seem to have liked Carlisle enough to do it again next year.

Rob, Crusher from NYMCC won modified with a 502 supercharged 4th gen Monte. Just fyi.

That sound like a great idea!!!

We were planing on going to the GM Nats and we maybe adding Super Chevy in MG to the list for next yr.

Congrats to all the winners, lots of nice looking rides.!!!!!!!!!

Hope to see you all again soon, we all had a blast.

Tommy

Hi Again,

Well the excitement started all over again!Recieved my "award" in the mail from Jim Bozar and well, I had to display it in the back seat of the Monte.It will be with the car at every show I will go to this year,along with the photo album of the restoration.I've NEVER won anything with the car before the GM Nationals.Many shows and alot of nice comments on it.Humbled isn't even close.To be in such a great group of Monte's at this show,along with the people in our group,just amazing.Thanks to all once again!! WOO WHOO!!

Now to get some pics on this forum....Well, hmmmm....

You know, I have been feeling sorry for myself as I could not make it the meet. I talk to you guys every day but I just can't take the time off for traveling.

Sunday, I figured it out. I lined up all three of my Montes and had my own Palm Beach County Mini Meet. Forgot to invite Allan or Mike (72LS5), but it worked out for the best. Less competition, more trophies for me.

First place for best of show: My 71 496 Monte.

First place for least complete: My 70Monte (I stole some trim and the carb)

First place for ugliest car that does the best one wheel burnout: Project Richey, my 72

I would like to thank all not in attendence. You missed a great show. I would like to thank Popeyes for catering the event, and my daughter for not only judging the cars, but making those fake [censored] throphies.

I do feel better.

Andy