Anyone have a general idea of how many 71 SS exist

meddac

Out of that 1919 did that include the Canadian Built 71 Monte SS that are running around up here and state-side as well...?????

and yes if they made guessing 2000 LS-6 Chevelles for arguement sake why are there still 10,000 left driving out there today...????hmmmm.

if it's anything like LS6 Chevelle's it's probably up to 4000 by now.... grin

Many years ago, I read somewhere it was speculated that about half of the SS454s were likely still in existence. But like Crazy Davey said, the number may have doubled by now due to the "If you can't buy 'em - build 'em" aspect, too!

smile

Dave

Hey, I have a 72 SS. Again, must be real, says so right on the grill. I can acccount for 3 of those real SS cars as I have three build sheets. Cool to have but I know where all three cars went. I am sure there are three eBay sellers that would pay good money for them but they are simple archeology to me. Nothing more.

Not sure how far Sam went but my 71 has it all from a bumper strip to shock shields. The engine and rear end are date coded 1/71. The block is an LS5 and the 049s I justy pulled are 2/71. Lucked into all that but the Merlins make more power.

Would I ever sell it as a reall SS? Never. But one out of a thousand know there even was an SS Monte, who really cares outside this circle?

Andy

Crazy Dave beat me to it... I was going to ask, Are you asking about true or true and cloned SS454's. Here we like to see buildsheets. Of course if someone takes the time to creat a clone they will figure out a way to clone that build sheet.

Rob

This is not a bad question at all but it seems like one that may be impossible to answer. It's like how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop

If everyone registered their cars in the Registry and the topic was pushed or advertised, it may help.

I like that idea, Bruce, and it would be kind of fun to do some time. We'd still probably never get an accurate tally, though, but it would be fun nevertheless.

smile

Dave

P.S. CHRIS - I still think of that old Tootsie Pop ad whenever I have one! Hmmmmm, maybe we'll have to get some Tootsie Pops for Halloween...

grin

Originally Posted By: Monteman1971
I have mine smile

It's real and it's fabulous smile

Steve

ditto

I'm pretty sure Steve was using a line from a Seinfeld episode... grin

Capri your SS is fabulous, here's a nice picture of Greg driving and you sitting in the passenger seat...oh wait, that's not you... wink

easternmeet022o.jpg

a would agree at least 1500 i have never had a hard time finding real ones , lots of bench non optioned cars also , i have even found 30-40 of the 147 built in canada and own 2 from canada and sold 2 others , i have Never went to look at a 71ss and found it to be a fake or tribute car unless the owner stated so ,as far as fake cars it would take more money and time to fake one than it would be worth , simply putting emblems on a rocker would never fool an educated buyer and most if not all buyers looking for a 71ss are extremly educated in what they are after

Leo

• 2 months later...