What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

Disassembled the drivers door. Got the glass out and opened up the box the new glass came in and much to my chagrin the drivers door glass is back ordered :devil: . I looked closely at the packing slip and it was noted on there that it had been back ordered. I got in such a hurry to get started that I did not pay close enough to the paper work. Oh well "another one bites the dust and another one does another one does and another one bites the dust."

Got the ole girl back today after getting her professionally fine tuned.  Boy, what a difference!  :cool:  And I thought she was doing alright before?  :->

While it may not seem like a lot, it made a pretty big difference.  Basically, changed a couple Carb metering Rods, re curved Distributor,  replaced vacuum advance, adjusted timing and Carb settings.   Timing was plus 12 degrees ATDC and now 18 degrees.  There were a couple issues with voltage at battery ground cable and also electric choke that he thinks will resolve starter dragging with hot engine and also with regulating (controlling) auto choke settings.  Last issue is finding a Carb Air Cleaner (low profile) that I can sit right down on Carb without a spacer between Air Cleaner & Carb for clearance of auto choke (so I can use a insulator between Intake and Carb) for a heat sink issue.

Am very happy with performance and will have to get used to added power.  Will likely get a Dyno report one of these days to see where specs are.

But for now and other than  heat sink issue, I am satisfied.

Doug

That's great to hear Doug! I hope I helped talk you into getting that done. I am pleased as can be with the results of my performance tune and dyno testing.

Y'all talked me into doing it with the engine I'll be putting in. Plus, with the cam being professionally broken in, it's less likely something will go wrong! 

Finally got some good weather here. I had noticed the old girl was a little nervous driving down the road. Checked the front wheel bearings and sure enough needed repacked. Got them done this evening. Gonna take her for a cruise tomorrow!

well pulled out the monte and let her take in some fresh air in those 402 lungs...... also got a look outside the garage with the 15x8's on her instead.

now just got to decide whether I like the 7's or 8's instead.........any thoughts anyone....?

Darren.

20150125_130648_resized_zpsxddgcmw2.jpg

If you decide on the 7" wheels, I'll take the 8" wheels off your hands... I need at least two for the rear to put the tire size I want on there. 

Finished up welding the exhaust and put on the SS chrome exhaust tips that my son bought me for my birthday.....what an awesome looking and sounding exhaust by Magna Flow!!! Just what a muscle car should sound like....I bet a BB 454 would really sound nice. I will try to post some pics when I have some light.

• Like 1