New Guy Here

jft69z

Joe glad your up and around!!!

As others said she looks and sounds GREAT!!!

The reason Dennis doesn't want to bring that beautiful 70 to your house is because he doesn't want to spoil her. When she sees your garage, and then goes back to her car port she is going to throw a tantrum!!

And yes you deserve 4 bananas but i will give you 5 :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay: lol, you still have to put the trim on.  LOL

• Haha 2

Thanks Willie 😄.

Still plenty of stuff to do on it, especially if the transmission needs to come out again. Still waiting for them to get back to me. 

2 hours ago, willie said:

Joe glad your up and around!!!

As others said she looks and sounds GREAT!!!

The reason Dennis doesn't want to bring that beautiful 70 to your house is because he doesn't want to spoil her. When she sees your garage, and then goes back to her car port she is going to throw a tantrum!!

And yes you deserve 4 bananas but i will give you 5 :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay: lol, you still have to put the trim on.  LOL

He actually deserves more than my suggestion of 5. But it would go to his head.   And your correct Willie, it would be like the Beverly hillbillies. O by the way your version of beautiful and mine are very different. lol 😂 

• Like 2

As expected, the black cloud has parked over my house as usual. After a few phone calls and emails with pictures, they want the transmission back. Only problem is they just sealed my driveway, so fedex won't be able to pick it up for a few days now until it dries. Typical...

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

At least it looked good for a little while (one day 🤣) before coming apart again.

20221004_143151.jpg

20221004_143220.jpg

• Like 3

Trailer them the car and make them replace it. Or send them a bill for your labor. Lol. Regardless it looks great. Great attention to detail. Just remember the second and third time goes a lot quicker. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Trailer them the car and make them replace it. Or send them a bill for your labor. Lol. Regardless it looks great. Great attention to detail. Just remember the second and third time goes a lot quicker. 

They didn't really seem too receptive of me wanting a NEW replacement transmission, so I doubt they'll pay labor. They're paying the shipping, as well they should.

Thank you, and yeah, it should be out pretty soon. I've had the exhaust in & out about 2 dozen times the last week, trying to make it all fit good, so that'll be out quickly. I just love doing stuff twice...or 3 times. I hate cars.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jft69z said:

They didn't really seem too receptive of me wanting a NEW replacement transmission, so I doubt they'll pay labor. They're paying the shipping, as well they should.

Thank you, and yeah, it should be out pretty soon. I've had the exhaust in & out about 2 dozen times the last week, trying to make it all fit good, so that'll be out quickly. I just love doing stuff twice...or 3 times. I hate cars.

I completely understand but yet we still do this. I have a 2x4 excuse, what’s yours?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dennis is right, it sure is pretty.  It is a shame all of the extra work required on your part.  

I think it is Hot Tub Time

rob

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dtret said:

I completely understand but yet we still do this. I have a 2x4 excuse, what’s yours?  

Just plain stupid, in my case.

1 hour ago, monte70z20 said:

Joe the car looks beautiful and sounds nasty.  Hope you're feeling better.  Can't wait to see it "Live" next time I'm down.  Stay healthy, stay safe.

Thanks John!

55 minutes ago, bob 71 said:

the car looks and sounds good. were you relaxing on the floor looking up or about to pass out at the thought of in n out work

Thanks Bob, I think I was dizzy, LOL.

1 hour ago, Rob Peters said:

Dennis is right, it sure is pretty.  It is a shame all of the extra work required on your part.  

I think it is Hot Tub Time

rob

Thanks Rob, it does suck, for sure. I like your idea, sounds like a good plan!

It's out & already boxed up, just have to wait for them to pick it up. Dinner & hot tub time...

20221004_160656.jpg

• Like 2

The real sad thing about this is, most of us try to get good name brand parts. Ones that we have all come to know and trust. They just are not out for quality like they used to be. Ya generally they stand behind the product but at who’s cost. So do we just buy the cheap stuff and hope for the best? We’re all doing it twice anyway. I digress. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

At least you have a lift and Trans jack that makes it way easier than laying on your back and dropping the Trans on your chest.

Yes, it definitely makes the job a lot easier Steve, however annoying the whole situation may be.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the transmission came back today from SilverSport. There was an issue with a clearance in the tail stock that stopped the reverse gear from fully engaging, causing it to pop out when rolling. They fixed the problem, and kept me informed every step of the way. Turn around time was pretty quick,  they tossed in new break-in oil to replace what was initially shipped, and also 3 quarts of Syncromesh oil for after break-in, plus a T-shirt (a $4K shirt in reality 😜).

In the spirit of me liking to do everything twice, I'll probably put it in again tomorrow, right before I have to go thru the same surgery I did 4 weeks ago in the afternoon. Having fun....

20221019_191615.jpg

20221019_195410.jpg

• Like 2

Looks like the transmission will be done tonight. An all-nighter tonight because you’re going to be asleep tomorrow afternoon ( sorry about that- the surgery sucks). Just for some humor for you, on the “ twice” subject. I just finished putting the engine back in the 55 that never had to come out in the first place. All he wanted to do was change the motor mounts. Ugh 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Looks like the transmission will be done tonight. An all-nighter tonight because you’re going to be asleep tomorrow afternoon ( sorry about that- the surgery sucks). Just for some humor for you, on the “ twice” subject. I just finished putting the engine back in the 55 that never had to come out in the first place. All he wanted to do was change the motor mounts. Ugh 

I'm in the velcro chair now, trans will go in tomorrow. I have to kill the day anyways & not supposed to eat anything after midnight and have to be at the hospital at 2:15 PM. Who knows when I'll get to eat after that. That'll be the worst part, no food all day, well....maybe not 🥺

Gotta love doing needless work. Charge accordingly.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jft69z said:

I'm in the velcro chair now, trans will go in tomorrow. I have to kill the day anyways & not supposed to eat anything after midnight and have to be at the hospital at 2:15 PM. Who knows when I'll get to eat after that. That'll be the worst part, no food all day, well....maybe not 🥺

Gotta love doing needless work. Charge accordingly.

Accordingly plus a pita fee. lol 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You'd have thought they would have sent you 2 shirts 🤣 But from your post it seems they were pretty decent about the whole deal. On the other hand quit your damn whining, you got a really nice shop to get stuff done. Some of us are still working in our garages 🤣 and this morning its a sweltering 28 degrees in Va, 64 back home in Fl. 

Good luck with the surgery, I figured it was about time for your next visit. Hope this is the last time and its done old man. 

10 hours ago, Dtret said:

I just finished putting the engine back in the 55 that never had to come out in the first place. All he wanted to do was change the motor mounts. Ugh 

I'll assume you're charging him by the hour for your work 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DragCat said:

You'd have thought they would have sent you 2 shirts 🤣 But from your post it seems they were pretty decent about the whole deal. On the other hand quit your damn whining, you got a really nice shop to get stuff done. Some of us are still working in our garages 🤣 and this morning its a sweltering 28 degrees in Va, 64 back home in Fl. 

Good luck with the surgery, I figured it was about time for your next visit. Hope this is the last time and its done old man. 

I asked about labor re-imbursement, they say it's not the warranty policy. If I had to pay someone else to do it, I would have tried the credit card route for help.

It's in the 30's here at night lately, but supposed to warm up over the weekend, but I'll likely not be doing much. Doubtful this is the last time for surgery either....Another one scheduled for Nov 19th, but that may change too.

• Like 2