New Guy Here

jft69z

59 minutes ago, DragCat said:

Less lazy boy more working ! 🤣

Sounds easy Mark, wait, you'll see 😁

• Haha 1

Looks great. I feel your pain. I physically have to force myself to do anything anymore. And it sux. Ok I’m off to put my Cruze back together. The work is never done. Good motivational speech?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Good motivational speech?  

Yeah, real compelling 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nice pics Joe, she looks fantastic!!!   Ok time to do some more! You said after you eat that CASE of chips, you would get to it again. You have to be done with that case by know, did you move on to popcorn or pretzels???   

Who am i teasing my car went inside for the whole year and i didn't touch it, but it wasn't because of the Bom Boms! lol

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, willie said:

Nice pics Joe, she looks fantastic!!!   Ok time to do some more! You said after you eat that CASE of chips, you would get to it again. You have to be done with that case by know, did you move on to popcorn or pretzels???   

Thanks Willie!

Apparently there may not be too many more chips, cookies, tasty sweet drinks, etc in my future after going to the Dr. the other day for routine bloodwork 😔.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Moving along slowly, but hope to get it looking like a car again at some point soon.

Tied up a bunch of loose ends recently. Had the gas tank in and out multiple times for a bad sending unit signal. Had to pull the tank apart because Aeromotive doesn't have any to send as a warranty replacement. They did send new gaskets, screws & seals pretty quickly though. Still not amused though.

Loaded up the base tune, set the fuel pressure, synced the electronic distributor, ran the heater hoses (with Gates shrink wrap hose clamps as usual), put the seats inside, played with the Dakota Digital displays a bit more, & numerous other details. Tried to get as much done while I have open access, but know there will be a bunch of other things to tie up after it's together.

20220809_110457.jpg

20220809_110724.jpg

• Like 5

Good thing I hooked up the cherry picker.

Removal was a lot easier, because the front suspension was completely removed at the time.  I was going to try installing it myself, before my buddies came over, but no way it would have worked. Even with the rigging, it was still a puzzle to get it over the suspension and around the cowl with 3 of us. It took a few different attempts at sliding it in there different ways, and certainly would have ended in disaster if we didn't have the crane taking most of the awkward weight.

Removing one of the inner fender wells was the next option, but not high on the list of things I wanted to do.

20220809_125733.1.jpg

20220809_143602.1.jpg

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Very nice. 

7 minutes ago, 1970mcss said:

Looking good Joe

Thank you!

I think I'm done working for the day  :yay:

24 minutes ago, jft69z said:

Thank you!

I think I'm done working for the day  :yay:

Ya it is after 3:00. I’ll bet you put in a good 2  2 1/2 hours today. Lol. I say that jokingly because what you can accomplish in that time takes me 10 times longer. And it probably still wouldn’t work. 😂. Looks awesome. Thanks for the update, I’ve been curious without pestering. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Ya it is after 3:00. I’ll bet you put in a good 2  2 1/2 hours today. 

Thank you!

Realistically, I put in about an hour of actual work today. Spent more time putting stuff away & cruising the internet wasting time instead. (as you saw with the stupid texts/memes you & Glen got today 🤣)

3 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

Looking good Joe.... where there's a willie there is a way.

rob

LOL, Thanks Rob!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jft69z said:

Thank you!

Realistically, I put in about an hour of actual work today. Spent more time putting stuff away & cruising the internet wasting time instead. (as you saw with the stupid texts/memes you & Glen got today 🤣)

LOL, Thanks Rob!

Hey!!  I resemble that remark!

All BS aside, your attention to detail and workmanship is absolutely incredible. Not to mention your garage. Maybe it’s time you apply this level of effort towards your texts and memes… just sayin’.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Glen said:

All BS aside, your attention to detail and workmanship is absolutely incredible. Not to mention your garage. Maybe it’s time you apply this level of effort towards your texts and memes… just sayin’.

Amen brother. 😆But really are you one to “talk”?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, DragCat said:

Yea the car and the garage look good, with the exception of the vette swag 

Thanks Mark, 🤣

5 hours ago, Glen said:

Thanks...I think? 😁

• Like 1

Yea the car and the garage look good, with the exception of the vette swag 

Mark, Joe will just take the pic from the other side of the camaro. You know he has buddies from there also, just saying!!

All in all Joe she looks great, keep it up i love to see your progress on anything you do you have hands of Gold!!!

Ohh and glad your out of the hot tub and off of the couch, the pillow was/is starting to show some wear now!!!

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Got the Z running today real quick. Finished with the brake vacuum pump drama (first one failed ), had to make an access hole in the metal fenderwell, etc.

Got the cooling system all hooked up, filled, quick double check & it fired right up. Had to add a couple of temporary exhaust pipes to the headers to keep the O2 sensors fully in the exhaust stream, was running real rich until then. Warmed up, went right into closed loop and idled down to 1100 rpm like it did with the carb. Not too bad for a startup tune.

Ran the transmission thru the gears, all good there as well. There was a little concern the Centerforce clutch in there may have a problem with the new hydraulic clutch setup, but so far no issues.

Now I can order some mufflers, try a couple different ones out & build the exhaust system. Long way to go, but at least it breathes again.

• Like 6