New Guy Here

jft69z

Joe make sure you wear that [censored] when installing the tranny, it might make you feel alittle better.  lol

And yes Good Luck Tomm!!     Ttusoon

Hey Joe thanks for fixing that. I didnt realize i did that!!!   Good Luck today!!!

15 minutes ago, willie said:

Joe make sure you wear that [censored] when installing the tranny, it might make you feel alittle better.  lol

And yes Good Luck Tomm!!     Ttusoon

Hey Joe thanks for fixing that. I didnt realize i did that!!!   Good Luck today!!!

I didn't fix anything yet, but I'm guessing you meant 'Shirt', lol?

• Like 1

Get your transmission reinstalled, another thing checked off on your list of things to do. Smooth sailing with your surgery too. Wishing you a speedy recovery. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Montemedic said:

Get your transmission reinstalled, another thing checked off on your list of things to do. Smooth sailing with your surgery too. Wishing you a speedy recovery. 

Thanks CK. Waiting to go in there right now....not liking it 😉

Did get the trans installed today though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jft69z said:

Thanks CK. Waiting to go in there right now....not liking it 😉

Like you were told before, quit your whining anday back and enjoy your sleep induced meds.  Here's to a successful surgery.

rob

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

Like you were told before, quit your whining and lay back and enjoy your sleep induced meds.  Here's to a successful surgery.

rob

Thanks Rob. 

I was in so much pain on the way home, we almost turned back 😢. No pain meds prescribed, just ibuprofen and some cbd gummies my buddy gave me from last time. Much better now that those things are kicking in.

3 hours ago, monte70z20 said:

All the best Joe.  Get well soon my friend.

Thank you John!

1 hour ago, MC1of80 said:

Good luck and speedy recovery! 

Thank you Tom!

• Like 2

Just now, Rob Peters said:

Don't get too used to them though.

Hang in there buddy.

rob

Nah, no worries about that. Thank you!

Glad you're on the way home, getting released is half the battle, I'm afraid of the gummies, lost an old filling over a year ago. Luv my dentist but also nicknamed him Dr Pain🤣

(edit) disclaimer the filling wasn't lost eating cbd gummies or any other "edibles" 🤣I know how some of you profile people with long hair 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, monte70z20 said:

Good to hear you are starting your recovery.  Wishing you all the best.

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

It's been almost 4 years, two frame off restorations, and putting up a new building, but the end table has finally come full circle. My very first post here had the LS6 454 serving as the end table in the shop. Finally spent a couple of days cleaning the original, numbers matched 402 from the Monte to take the LS6's place as the shop table. Need to find a better air cleaner though.

20221106_161007.jpg

20221106_162535.jpg

• Like 6

Nope. Not buying it, that’s the same one. 76 Impala smog motor that you picked up for 35 bucks and made look pretty. Nice job on the glass though. Ha ha. Just kidding. It looks great. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Nope. Not buying it, that’s the same one. 76 Impala smog motor that you picked up for 35 bucks and made look pretty. Nice job on the glass though. Ha ha. Just kidding. It looks great. 

You're just mad because I mistook you for Mark earlier. You always hurt the ones you love, 🤣

It'll never go back in the car in my lifetime. If someone gets it after I croak, it needs a total rebuild.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, jft69z said:

You're just mad because I mistook you for Mark earlier. You always hurt the ones you love, 🤣

It'll never go back in the car in my lifetime. If someone gets it after I croak, it needs a total rebuild.

Not mad at all. That was an easy mistake. I could have, should have and probably would have had he not done it first. It was early and I wasn’t on my game. I’m sorry I disappointed you. Lol. How’s that for irony, your mistake, his comment and I apologize. Something is wrong with me. ( shut up). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

See what happens when you play in other playgrounds!!!   We start to beat each other up!!!

Joe it looks great! do you ever put a cold beverage on there???   LOL

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, willie said:

Joe it looks great! do you ever put a cold beverage on there???   LOL

Thanks Willie. 

Nah, just more parts, junk, etc. finds its way onto any flat surface out here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I forgot this picture of the end table cleanup.

Still needed to glass bead it after to really clean it up, but it certainly helped a bit to wash it first.

20221105_121347.jpg

20221105_152047.jpg

• Like 1

I remember a story of an engine blowing up and the cause was blasting media left in the intake manifold. Be careful!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stangeba said:

I remember a story of and engine blowing up and the cause was blasting media left in the intake manifold. Be careful!

No worries there, Bruce. The manifold/engine is just for show. If I had plans of running it, I would have cleaned it a LOT better, multiple times and methods.

Thanks though, that blast media would work wonders on the pistons, rings, cylinders, etc.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Michael Boyte said:

Man, I certainly do like your parts washer !!

I wonder how well that would go over at my house !!  I can't wait to explain it to the wife 😂

My girlfriend just laughed. She figured we'd be shopping for a new dishwasher by the end of the day 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2