71SS Restoration. Body pulled!

Here's the car getting loaded up and then at the body shop. The body was in outstanding condition but the body shop recommended media blasting it to make sure that there wasn't anything hidden underneath. If I had known better I would not have had it media blasted.. Reason being is that it brought me back to square one which takes 100's if not 1000's of hours to get out of.  

IMG_4256.jpg

IMG_4258.jpg

• Like 4

• 7 months later...

Hello gentlemen, Here are some pics of my car getting primered a second time after the bodywork was completed.

IMG_4279.jpg

IMG_4278.jpg

IMG_9433.jpg

IMG_9435.jpg

• Like 4

Here are some pics of the paint job. I decided to go with Cranberry Red after being blown away by Mr. Dan Janes car!

They laid down 3 coats of paint and 4 coats of clear!

IMG_6860.jpg

IMG_6852.jpg

IMG_9446.jpg

IMG_9447.jpg

IMG_9449.jpg

IMG_9450.jpg

• Like 9

Beautiful!!!  Looking forward to reassembly and completion pictures.

rob

• Like 3

1 hour ago, willie said:

Ronald i Love it also, cant wait to see it done!!!!

Me too! It's been in the body shop for a little over a year and a half! And that's after being on the waiting list for over a year.

• Like 1

I want to give a big shout out to Dennis Tretter and Dan Janes for sending me pictures and helping me make sure that the black areas specific to a 71 SS were painted correctly. Not to mention all of the other tips and pointers that they've helped me with. Being a part of this club has been a huge value and benefit. 😎 

IMG_6899.jpg

IMG_6942.jpg

IMG_6945.jpg

• Like 9

You are more than welcome. That’s why we are here. We are all learning daily from one another, that’s the beauty of this group. 

• Like 7

I’ve only been a member for about 6 months so I wasn’t aware of your project until these most recent posts. Now, about 2 hours later I’m up to date and looking forward to future progress reports. Awesome awesome work by both you and the others involved. Great media coverage too.

• Like 6

Looking Great!! Looking at the taillight areas reminded me of when I had my 71 (non SS) repainted in the 80's the area used as a reflector for the light bulbs was sprayed black, like my car. When all finished I noticed the taillights and turn signals did not look as bright as they did in the past. I removed the lenses, saw the black paint, sprayed that area white and the problem was solved. Just thought I would mention it for anyone else who is interested. I wonder if silver was used when built?  I remember spraying flat black on the lower area of my black 71 Monte. You can't really tell since my car is all black, but I tried to keep most things correct.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...