Topic suggestion

I realized that I was getting ahead of myself so I decided to do the frame. I built a tarp enclosure so as to reclaim some of the sand. It worked pretty good. Yes Willie I finally broke down and bought sand. Lol. 

IMG_5945.jpeg

IMG_5946.jpeg

IMG_5947.jpeg

IMG_5944.jpeg

• Like 8

Rob i dont know how Dennis does it, but i seen him cross his arms and wiggle his nose a few times!!!! 

Dennis Nice job!!!   on the frame and the tarp idea!!   Its about time you broke down and bought sand!!!   Ohh and your frame holes look good!!!!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

How in the world are you going to get that frame onto that sand blasting cabinet

rob

Onto the cabinet wouldn’t be too bad. Into the cabinet will be tough. Lol. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, willie said:

Rob i dont know how Dennis does it, but i seen him cross his arms and wiggle his nose a few times!!!! 

Dennis Nice job!!!   on the frame and the tarp idea!!   Its about time you broke down and bought sand!!!   Ohh and your frame holes look good!!!!

That’s because I already welded in new frame sections of the junk car I bought. They didn’t look so good before that. Lol. Thanks Willie. 

• Like 2

Good thing I cleaned everything up last night. It rained pretty hard, we needed it. I reset everything this morning and finished the top, sides and inner section. Next I flip it and do the bottom and anything I missed. Rain today so I’m done. Football anyway. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Dtret said:

It’s been a while since I’ve updated. The current state of the car. But it’s coming along nicely. ( pic pilfered). 

IMG_6304.png

Dang Dennis, I thought you were working on a Monte, the picture you posted is clearly a Ford

rob

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

12 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

Dang Dennis, I thought you were working on a Monte, the picture you posted is clearly a Ford

rob

I should have known that. That’s why I don’t own one. But if I did I’ll keep my AAA membership. Towing gets expensive. 

• Haha 1
  • Kook 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/20/2022 at 8:45 PM, Dtret said:

Nope not in order , sorry. Backwards. lol. Kinda fits the owner I guess. 

Repair looks wonderful... how did you repair it?  Is that a plastic or pot metal blade?

12 hours ago, Stuckin70s said:

Repair looks wonderful... how did you repair it?  Is that a plastic or pot metal blade?

Plastic. I have a plastic repair gun with designed staples. Kinda works like a double soldering iron. Used that to strengthen, melted plastic and gorilla super glue. Then cleaned it all up. 

IMG_6489.png

• Like 3

On 12/20/2022 at 8:45 PM, Dtret said:

Nope not in order , sorry. Backwards. lol. Kinda fits the owner I guess. 

So I fixed the broken inside of the console lid. And I took my first try at flocking ( yes that’s a thing and no it’s not dirty). I put on a heavy coat as directed. Let’s see how this works. It puts that “ velvety feel “ back in the console box and lid. 

IMG_6454.jpeg

IMG_6455.jpeg

IMG_6491.jpeg

IMG_6492.jpeg

• Like 6