My Blue Oval Ride

DragCat

Since Ive been called out (Just Kidding) talking about my blue oval ride too much and was asked for pictures. Pretty well optioned vert, even has factory a/c and came off the line with a 351C factory 4 barrel. Pretty much stock.

TopUp.JPG

TopDown.JPG

• Like 7

Very nice Mark!

I restored a Cougar Eliminator for someone years ago, but it certainly didn't start out nearly as nice as yours.

18 minutes ago, jft69z said:

Very nice Mark!

I restored a Cougar Eliminator for someone years ago, but it certainly didn't start out nearly as nice as yours.

The PO did the color change and restoration, can't take any credit for that. Obviously you can see why I started out my search for a first gen wanting a triple black car 🤣

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

That's not a blue oval, that's a mercury that's a slight step up from a blue oval for sure. I've had a couple gran marquis they were great cars for sure. My brother is a blue oval guy he has 3 of them now.

My unicorn car would be a 71/72 with a factory 429...........oh well the search continues 🤣

22 minutes ago, DragCat said:

My unicorn car would be a 71/72 with a factory 429...........oh well the search continues 🤣

My brother would like a boss 429 for his roadster but they are crazy out of reach for most people. It has a 429 in it now but not a boss. His coupe is getting a 4 cyl but it's going to be a screaming 4 cyl. His roadster is the other one in my sig picture. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DragCat said:

The PO did the color change and restoration, can't take any credit for that. Obviously you can see why I started out my search for a first gen wanting a triple black car 🤣

Yeah, I get it. Except for my Monte, the rest of my vehicles are black.

Here's what I started with. Took over an 11 pound spool of MIG wire to do the needed metal work (floors, 3 of the 4 engine compartment panels, patches, etc).

20221021_090527.jpg

• Like 2

Very nice Cougar! My wife had a 73 red hardtop with a 351 C 2bbl W A/C, but it was stolen shortly after we got married.

She misses it to this day and I understand how bad I would feel if my Monte was ever stolen.

Tried many times to find it with no luck.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DragCat said:

Since Ive been called out (Just Kidding) talking about my blue oval ride too much and was asked for pictures. Pretty well optioned vert, even has factory a/c and came off the line with a 351C factory 4 barrel. Pretty much stock.

TopUp.JPG

TopDown.JPG

Nice ride 

• Like 1

Beautiful cougar!

Had a friend, back in the day test his new torches on his cougar convert. Running/ driving car by literally cutting it in half. Circa 1987ish. 😳

• Haha 1

Nice Cougar Mark. I have a few friends with them, none convertible. The 351C, C4 and a 9 inch rear were a stout package. The convertible with AC is rare too. With a triple black car it’s probably necessary. Enjoy it !!!

• Like 1

Now here's a blue oval, my brother's best friend just finished this one up. This is a real 32 Ford cabriolet roadster, flat head v 8 and all. Car came out beautiful he has had a few of his cars featured in magazines. He was at the nationals with us this year but not with this car.

IMG_20221021_144615630.jpg

• Like 5

• 1 year later...

Since my Monte is in hibernation having some time to work on the Cougar. Ya know, all those little things that always take a back seat to other priorities 🤣 Its on jack stands because I'm replacing the 2 negative battery cables ya bunch of haters 🤣

Had a primo detailer ( he's done some of my friends MUCH nicer cars) do a test patch where I burned the paint with a car cover 😡So he's coming back Monday&Tuesday to cut/buff detail the whole car exterior 😁 Not one of my finest moments 🤣

73Cat.jpeg

• Like 9

54 minutes ago, DragCat said:

Since my Monte is in hibernation  ...... 

That explains why it's not in the picture.....uhhh.....yeah...

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

26 minutes ago, sbarnette said:

Carlisle this year……..maybe?

Already booked the hotel, registered for my showfield pass's, but I know ya'll have heard that before 🤣

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, DragCat said:

Already booked the hotel, registered for my showfield pass's, but I know ya'll have heard that before 🤣

He was talking about the car, not you. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Dtret said:

He was talking about the car, not you. 

Guess I wasn't specific 🤣 Don't think I'll get away with using my Monte registration on the truck this year. So YES the plan is to bring the imaginary Monte this year 🤣

• Like 3

13 hours ago, willie said:

That a boy Mark, then they cant tease you anymore!!!

You’re right Willie. Somehow I don’t see that happening. The fun will continue for another year. At least. lol. 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3