1970 and 1975 Junkyard Monte Comparison Video

Brent nice find! I also enjoy watching Steve go through some of that junkyard gold. I have seen a few episodes but cant find it as a steady spot on the tube? Can we still say that, tube? lol

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, DragCat said:

The only true way to tell is if you come back later and your post has #### or (censored)  inserted 🤣

We don't personally censor words, there is a list of words in the forum software that automatically triggers the blocked item. It is a pretty comprehensive list, some of them even surprised me 🤣.

That being said, there is an occasional troublemaker or two that sometimes require personal attention 😁.

• Like 1

Nice video, , thanks, strange how the 70 front grill was just laying there , hated to see it tossed around like that  if it was an original .. otherwise loved the comparison... 👍🏻   AC3C8ADA-669F-4608-8151-94D72C406A6A.thumb.jpeg.d346fb9ff139ad6031bddd413535edba.jpeg

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Searsman said:

Nice video, , thanks, strange how the 70 front grill was just laying there , hated to see it tossed around like that  if it was an original .. otherwise loved the comparison... 👍🏻   AC3C8ADA-669F-4608-8151-94D72C406A6A.thumb.jpeg.d346fb9ff139ad6031bddd413535edba.jpeg

Did you also notice it was bent and cracked? When he tapped it, you can hear that it's cracked. Most likely where it was bent. 

• Like 2

I  thought the same thing oh no--- there's a grill layin 'there...then came the cracks ... but those hubcaps looked pretty good and from what u could see roof trim moldings not bad...the poor  'ole gal still may had a bit to contribute!            interesting video for sure!

• Like 2

I remember the thrill of going to the junkyard in the 80's and finding several Montes, Chevelles, (other classics) to pick thru.

Once a month it was all you can physically carry to the front gate for $50!

Go thru a yard today, and it's nothing but 4 door sedans and mini trucks! ahh...the good ol days!

• Like 2

On 1/11/2023 at 9:35 PM, MC1of80 said:

Did you also notice it was bent and cracked? When he tapped it, you can hear that it's cracked. Most likely where it was bent. 

Nope, didn’t notice the crack or cracks in the grill. And I’m not a professional auto restorer, so I not sure it could be salvaged.. I would hope so tho..

9 hours ago, Rare SS said:

I remember the thrill of going to the junkyard in the 80's and finding several Montes, Chevelles, (other classics) to pick thru.

Once a month it was all you can physically carry to the front gate for $50!

Go thru a yard today, and it's nothing but 4 door sedans and mini trucks! ahh...the good ol days!

Yal, I would love to find a fe w of those kinda junk yards on, but those cars were either rotted down or crushed and sold for the metal,,, too bad too sad.

• Like 1