Interior completed

Just got the steering wheel back from craftcustom after being leather wrapped and that should be the final touch on the interior. (Until I think of something else)

newwheel.jpg

• Like 17

11 hours ago, Tom Carter said:

That looks fantastic. I notice the speakers in the kick panels. How do you like that? I was thinking of doing the same thing. I noticed them at OPG

I have the kick panel speakers, very close clearance on the parking brake pedal. I don't know if I need to adjust or tweak the pedal. 

On 4/12/2023 at 12:56 PM, Tom Carter said:

That looks fantastic. I notice the speakers in the kick panels. How do you like that? I was thinking of doing the same thing. I noticed them at OPG

The driver's side gets real close to the e brake. And you need to put some sound insulation behind the speakers. Be careful installing them as the plastic isn't as forgiving as the stock material.

• Like 1

Appreciate the heads up information. Did you use the speakers that came with the kick panels or did you purchase your own. I would hope they would accommodate for clearance issues but we all know how aftermarkets stuff can be.  

As to my experience, the kick panel/speakers were installed by the PO, never was a parking brake guy until........ When I first used the parking brake it popped off the rubber brake pad, even without the pad I'm very cautious when applying the parking brake. I do like the look and performance of the speakers in the kick panel tho...just my .02

On 4/19/2023 at 4:09 AM, Tom Carter said:

Appreciate the heads up information. Did you use the speakers that came with the kick panels or did you purchase your own. I would hope they would accommodate for clearance issues but we all know how aftermarkets stuff can be.  

Used the Kenwood's that came with them. they sound ok but I might replace them later. 

On 4/19/2023 at 4:22 AM, DragCat said:

As to my experience, the kick panel/speakers were installed by the PO, never was a parking brake guy until........ When I first used the parking brake it popped off the rubber brake pad, even without the pad I'm very cautious when applying the parking brake. I do like the look and performance of the speakers in the kick panel tho...just my .02

Agreed. we don't use e brakes in Alaska. they tend to freeze to the drum. although she stays indoors during the winter.

• Like 1