Rebuild in my future

Canuck

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It’s all assembled except for the distributor and spark plugs. Just waiting to schedule a time for the engine builder to come by and help with the first startup. The suspense is killing me. Days feel like weeks at this point 🤣.

IMG_2208.jpeg

• Like 11

Nice neat and clean install. Looks like it just came off the assembly line. Good for another 200 thousand miles. Great job Aaron !!!

• Like 3

Looks and sounds like it could make a cross country trip to Carlisle.

rob:yay::yay:

• Like 2

You’ve done an amazing job. Very well done and it sounds great. It’s ready for a long long road trip now. But where would you go?  lol. 😆 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Dtret said:

You’ve done an amazing job. Very well done and it sounds great. It’s ready for a long long road trip now. But where would you go?  lol. 😆 

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

• Like 1

Yep, take it out and give it a little load, it'll help seat the piston rings. Not redline, but don't be afraid to put your foot in it a bit. Just running it at idle or on a test run stand isn't enough.

• Like 1

I need to get some buddies over to put the hood and bumper on before I take it out. Not sure when that will happen yet as I’m into my busy season at work. There’s a couple minor leaks I have figure out and deal with first as well. I’ve been sick this weekend so haven’t been in the garage since Friday.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Canuck said:

I need to get some buddies over to put the hood and bumper on before I take it out. Not sure when that will happen yet as I’m into my busy season at work. There’s a couple minor leaks I have figure out and deal with first as well. I’ve been sick this weekend so haven’t been in the garage since Friday.

You don't need a hood for a test run , maybe the leaks and a bumper tho 🤣 Feel better soon 

• Like 3