What’s for sale, no major projects

Hi all! Looking for another first gen. I was involved in a nasty accident a few months ago and my pride and joy was totalled. Let me know what you have, price and location. Thanks!

Bill sorry to hear that also, hope you and others are ok????       Show us what you had. I have one i might be selling in the spring but depends on what you are looking for?  I need to make some room here.     PM me if you like??

• Like 2

Sorry for the loss Bill. What happened? What are you looking for? Something done? Something needing work or a total rebuild? Big block? Small block? SS? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MC1of80 said:

Sorry for the loss Bill. What happened? What are you looking for? Something done? Something needing work or a total rebuild? Big block? Small block? SS? 

Minivan turned in front of me when I was doing 55 mph

31 minutes ago, 70white402 said:

Bill, might sell mine. All redone.  496.   5 speed.   3:73.   Pw,pseats chambered exhaust,   Jeff in nj

IMG_3274.jpeg

IMG_2410.jpeg

496?! 5speed?! 3:73?! WOW Jeff! That is a beast!  Sweet! 

• Like 2

Sorry for your loss bill. There are a few first gens for sale across the usual sites and auctions. Not sure what your price point is, or how far your willing to travel to them 

I also hope all is ok. How bad was it? I can’t imagine that it couldn’t be fixed. Probably could have bought it back from the insurance company. We have a part or two in the group and a little bit of knowledge to get it done. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Dtret said:

I also hope all is ok. How bad was it? I can’t imagine that it couldn’t be fixed. Probably could have bought it back from the insurance company. We have a part or two in the group and a little bit of knowledge to get it done. 

Here’s how bad it was…

hope ya don’t mind me sharing, Bill. A former retired coworker (Ed D. - AKA “Fingers”) knows you and/or your friends and sent me your post months ago. 

I cringed when I saw these pix. Hope you weren’t hurt too bad. 

854CADAF-478F-46E3-A7FA-EAA73C43E673.jpeg

• Sad 3

Hey Bill that is BAD, so sorry Again i hope you didn't get hurt to bad!  But she gave her life to save yours. Everything buckled just right. I am not a body guy but if the roof buckled then i think she is done. I would think the frame is way bent, and the nose as we can see is also done. Can it be fixed? Yes depending on how much time and money Bill would like to put into her???? 

Bill glad you are here to talk about it!

• Like 1

Ouch! At least you are ok. Sorry she isn't. 😓

Without seeing it in person, definitely a frame change as long as from the firewall back is good. (Aka body tub.) Everything else is bolt on. ALOT of work an also not. 

Also a contributing factor is how the drivetrain survived. Engine, transmission, driveshaft and rear differential. If they are all ok, that saves a big chunk of change. 

Me, I would rebuild her. Although if you are looking for a replacement, means she went to the scrapyard in the sky. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...

Sorry to hear that. I should get rid of my 1970 SS since I rarely drive it. It has been completely restored and too nice for me to drive it a lot. Maybe you could put some miles on it. Let me know if you want more info.

Man, Sorry to see your Monte in that shape. I just hope that you are ok after that accident. I've been in a couple of those over the years, sometimes nothing you can do to get out of it either. I'm digging' the 496 ,5 speed. Maybe you should go see it in person. I know that the clutch in those are very easy on the knee. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/12/2024 at 11:32 AM, Bill Henry said:

Hi all! Looking for another first gen. I was involved in a nasty accident a few months ago and my pride and joy was totalled. Let me know what you have, price and location. Thanks!

Not repairable?  I'm parting a 71, has everything to fix yours. 

Hi Mike and welcome to the club. A friend of mine has a 71 in about the same condition as bills. Can you send some pictures of what you have that you are parting out? And is the frame good? Thank you for your time and response in advance. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure what the value is but I have a complete numbers matching 70 Ss454 that i have owned since 1978 and has since been garaged for the past 25 or so years has some body damage and basically needs a good restoration.  Motor was rebuilt and after about 10k miles I wanted a slightly bigger cam did that and roller timing set but never got it running after that due to time and/or money or other priorities.

I dont have pics handy to post but if anyone is serious we can talk and i can get some pics. Email me and I will respond with my number so we can talk.

Ron 

Rnlharris15@gmail.com