warning!!!! Chevelle post

CrazyDavey

went to the 1/8 mile track at Irwindale this weekend and it finally dead hooked, first time since I did this new combo. had a new best 60' of 1.31.....here's the vid....

securedownload.jpg

wink

Not sure what to say, just freakin' amazing Dave. Keep up the good work! Those Foxwell and Straub guys have really taken care of you in the power department, and you get lots of credit on everything else, amazing package you have put together there.

thanks everyone...Scott I had to kind of rein both Chris and Scott in a bit when we were specing out the motor, it's a lot tamer than what they both wanted to do. Chris says there's still probably 70hp waiting for me if we do a cam change... eek

Greg...thats funny.... grin

I was a really cool feeling, I really loved it...I got so caught up in the moment I missed my 1-2 shift light and hit the 7100 chip or it might have been a tick faster on that pass....DA was 1500' wink

That's getting it done! I see you graduated to smoking Vegas! grin Great picture..straight-out hooking it..what's that about a foot or so, off the ground? cool

thanks everyone...Scott I had to kind of rein both Chris and Scott in a bit when we were specing out the motor, it's a lot tamer than what they both wanted to do. Chris says there's still probably 70hp waiting for me if we do a cam change... eek

That's funny to hear you say that Dave, I was talking with Tony Mamo at AFR about my new engine and he also figured he would shoot for the moon and try to talk me into a 7000rpm beast and he wanted me to send him my intake to port and he was going to get a cam put together for me. While I think all of these guys are extremely knowledgable and helpful, I still consider my car a 99% street car and would worry about throwing a rod if I were revving it that high! lol I am still holding my breath waiting to hear what my new cam specs are from Chris! Hopefully he doesn't want me to rev it to 7k lol What is your current stall, and where do you shift at? What do you cross the line at rpm wise?

Originally Posted By: CrazyDavey

That's funny to hear you say that Dave, I was talking with Tony Mamo at AFR about my new engine and he also figured he would shoot for the moon and try to talk me into a 7000rpm beast and he wanted me to send him my intake to port and he was going to get a cam put together for me. While I think all of these guys are extremely knowledgable and helpful, I still consider my car a 99% street car and would worry about throwing a rod if I were revving it that high! lol I am still holding my breath waiting to hear what my new cam specs are from Chris! Hopefully he doesn't want me to rev it to 7k lol What is your current stall, and where do you shift at? What do you cross the line at rpm wise?

don't worry, he won't be trying for 7 grand, I would guess peak power around 56-5800 based on what he did for my old stock block combo. That cam was 238/242 with 650/629 on a 107, my new cam is 244/248 with the same lift and also a 107...my power brakes work fine with a canister....that old cam I shifted at 5950 and crossed the line at about 6200 with 3:73's and a 28" tire....the new one I shift at 6400 (Scott says I should run it higher) and cross the line at 6600 with 3:90's and a 29" tire...Scott really has the valve train dialed in on this one, it will hit the 7100 chip real quick, it's still pulling pretty hard when I cross the line at 6600, not nosing over at all....I just don't want to abuse it too much...

I don't think he'll mind you posting the basic numbers...like you said the magic is in the profile....

I have the same Coan 9" converter...it's what I would call a tight 5000 that will flash to about 5200 behind this motor...it would only flash 4800 behind the old one...

You are going faster everytime you go out. That's great Dave. Thanks for sharing your info. Not sure I'll ever get mine to that point. Things are at kind of a stand still right now. Good luck in your runs.

thanks guys...

Royce, I'll be up closer to you in another month or so in Oregon, maybe we'll be able to get together and work on getting your car set up for some fun....you've got a lot of good pieces there, we just need to connect all the dots.... wink