Rob Peters

Ron, It's great to hear from you. Thank you for the update, and to hear about your forward progress. We're all praying for you. I hope your able to resolve these issues and get back home ASAP. Feel better. CK

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RVP - awesome to see an update direct from YOU! I hope the enxt one will be to tell us you are going home to finish recovering!

Keeping you in our prayers -

-Caps

Yesterday was an up and down and then back up type of day. While it started out with some nausiua and dry heaves that quickly cleared and I was able to eat my breakfast, or lat least most of it.

They had to give me two units of blood yesterday and the first one went without incident but about 20 minutes into the second unit(It takes about 3 hours to infuse one pint) I started to have a reaction to that blood. My fever jumped up and I had body chills so bad I shook uncontrollably for an hour and a half. This totally exhauste me but they got the shakes to subside and the rest of the evening went without incident.

I feel a bit better today. My doc's were in this morning and over the past 3 days my kidney functions blood test numbers have looked MUCH better and it is possible I will not need any more dialisis. This will be one of my prayers answered. I don't know how people stay on dialisis for extended periods of time. I know a number of people who have had to but never experiencing this for my self I had no idea what it takes out of you.

As of right now the dialisis access port is still sticking out the side of my neck and very ugly and if it is decided I won't need any more they can remove this port.

Just a few notes:

The Kidney stone that brought me into the hospital in the first place is still in there and I need to discuss the plan of attack on that.

I have a stint still installed to enlarge the opening into my bladder to allow the stone to pass but that can't stay in

To be able to be released I need Physical Therapy to assist me in learning how to tackle steps so I can go home.

That's all for now, I am getting tired and need a nap.

Rob

Good to hear you're on the upswing, I also went through the failure of one of my kidneys, I have passed numerous stones. The biggest put me in the hospital for what seemed a long time for something so insignificant in size. They also placed a ureteral stent in me which relieved the pain immensely, their last resort was to operate and dig it out, if the extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL) didn't work. I was given a general anaesthetic and given the procedure which took roughly about an hour. Talk about feeling like someone had kicked the living crap out of me once I was in the recovery room. I was happy to hear the treatment worked well and did not need the surgery. The recovery period was slow but steady.. the stent removal has a lot to be desired, although once the removal of it comes it's a good sign you're well on the way to a normal status. I know the magnitude of the pain and anyone that's passed a stone can attest how painful they are.

The most important thing is to screen the lil booger to see what it's made of, so you can quit your stone building.. mine were related to too much sugar & carbonated drinks. I haven't had a relapse since modifying my diet, though I can't say it's been easy and an uphill battle for me. Prayers from us here on a speedy recovery. Chime in when you feel up to it.

stent .... been there done that trick too . Rob glad to see you posting . Prayers for continued healing . May the Lord direct the Doctors to solve this for you .

Hopefully on track to be home Friday for some long term home recovery. The slightest activity exhausts me. I have a lot of strength building ahead but can't wait ti see the real light of day and smell the outside air.

It is amazing what you can find as special when you are vegging out stuck in a hospital bed.

As before, my thanks go out to everyone for their many thoughts and prayers. It has been said here many times how people in the club have gotten comfort from others prayers and I can't express enough how much it has meant and what it continues to mean to me.

Without friendship life can be very hollow. It is not just the friendships we have here it is that plus the feeling of this place being an extended family.

Rob

Great news Rob...come on Friday, but take it easy, sit back and watch the Mecum Auction taking place in Monteray, CA and the ridiculous prices they will be getting for the cars.

Take Care--Troy

Glad you are feeling better Rob. Very happy you are looking at Fri to get some real rest, i am sure by this time you really need it. I dont know anyone that can sleep well in a hospital.

Get some well deserved rest and take it slowwwww.

Congrats on your continued forward progress and very soon being able to get out of the hospital and back home. Our family wishes you a smooth and speedy recovery. You and your family are in our daily prayers and thoughts. CK

I talked to Rob last night. He had his last bag of antibiotics and if his fever stays down he may be released Friday afternoon. He is still very weak but slowly getting better. He told me to tell everybody thanks for all the prayers. He was truely on the verge of seeing the bright light...twice!

Keep him and his family in your prayers.