So after the cake was cut....

CKZ03

Come on Cory, you gotta leave us something to put on in the parking lot kicking

I have a roll of red duct tape that from 50 feet will look like it matches your paint.

Rob

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on Cory, you gotta leave us something to put on in the parking lot kicking

Ok Jim, you can help me put the cover on it when I get there, CAUSE THATS GOING TO BE THE ONLY THING LEFT!!! yay WOO HOOOO.

Got the windsheild back in tonight, windshield trim, lower w/s trim, wipers, sill plates, more seatbelts, drank some beer, ran some A/C ducts in the dash, ready for dash pad to go on, put headrests on, you know a bunch of boring stuff.

Heres what I have left, dash pad, rocker moldings, a few emblems & hood spear, rear center trim panel, parking brake cable (do that while im detailing the underside), then go out & drive her. Took Wednesday off work to button things up & road test her a bit, hope all goes well.

Sorry no pics of tonights progress, really nothing exciting to show

And you guys with the red tape, NO SHENANIGANS!!! no

Done yet??

Nope, cant find one critical part, been looking for it for hours, not sure where the heck I put it. Can someone please bring me a FGMCC window sticker yay Thats it Im done. Dont have time to upload any pics, Im still detailing things & packing. Trying to leave Jackhole Michigan by noon, expect to be in Carlisle around 8 pm, so I will probably miss the pizza party frown. See you all tomorrow.

Congrats on getting it done Cory. I remember the mad rush to get my Red car done before my meetup here at the Anderson show several years back.

Congrats on getting it done Cory. I remember the mad rush to get my Red car done before my meetup here at the Anderson show several years back.

It certainly has been a mad rush Jared shock Alot more work than I had anticipated for sure, but its finally done. Of course now I have to go back & fix all the things that are just not right or not to my expectations after the meet but its good enough for now & Im on my way to Carlisle tomorrow!

Its like a bomb went off in my barn, huge mess, cant find anything, tools everywhere, quite an aftermath.

Heres a few finished pics, my camera definetly wasnt cooperating with me tonight, some really crappy pics but oh well...

IMG_20130620_000301_zps3dc4d819.jpg

IMG_20130620_000317_zpsfd3d8fd8.jpg

IMG_20130620_000343_zps1beb678a.jpg

IMG_20130620_000401_zpsbe1a90ad.jpg

IMG_20130620_000416_zpsf510b38a.jpg

IMG_20130620_000440_zps6357e80c.jpg

IMG_20130620_000458_zps21891c3a.jpg

Really looks GREAT, Cory!!! Nice work! smile

Thank you!

All loaded up & rolling out of Jacktown right now, about an hour behind schedule (wifes boggin me down). Figuring a 8 hour drive? 500 miles, should be there around 8 or 9 depending on several factors smile

Cory the car looked really good those late nights paid off. After seeing the glass in person really makes me want to pull mine out and order new glass but that might be later in life as I have a few other items to address.

Cory the car looked really good those late nights paid off. After seeing the glass in person really makes me want to pull mine out and order new glass but that might be later in life as I have a few other items to address.

Thanks Robert, alot of late nights for sure. I almost slept through the show Friday, showed up a bit late. I really appreciate all the info & help from you with the wiring harness. It was a pleasure to meet you in Carlisle, really liked what youve done with your interior, looks great. I hear ya on the glass, wish we all had unlimited budgets! You have your priorities in order though, fix the necessary things first. Maybe next winter would be a good time to change out that glass. Glad you turned me on to place to buy it!

Originally Posted By: badddoin
And nice job on this thread. I really enjoyed reading it, and the pictures - awesome!

Thanks Thomas, I have over 1000 pics in the photobucket link at my sig pic. I documented just about everything not only for my own reference but in hopes these pics may help others on their builds too. I am also open to helping or answering any questions anyone may have so please dont be afraid to hit me up for help. I have got alot out of this club & wish to do my best to return the favor to any others in need.

She still really isnt done completely, I have a few "problem areas" to address and some parts & pieces that never made it on the car yet. Nothing major & all in due time.

Heres a few pics loading up & at Calisle

IMG_20130620_121709_zpseaba71c1.jpg

IMG_20130620_121739_zps2c4ed305.jpg

IMG_20130621_154926_zpseda93324.jpg

IMG_3955_zpsb0c73ba7.jpg

IMG_3954_zps14dca2c0.jpg

IMG_3971_zps7dd64cef.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Like an idiot I just cant stop at well enough. Im sure this will be an on going project for years & years. nutz Heres a teaser of some new additions that Im mounting up tomorrow at work, pics to follow soon.

IMG_20130711_190831_zps23c97d69.jpg

C'mon...let's see the pics.

Just read through this whole thread tonight. Cory, your car looks fabulous. What an excellent job you've done.

they look kinda wide wink

Yep, MEATY Nitto 555's 255/50 17 all four corners, hope I didn't go too big. The 245/60 15's looked nice but just seemed skinny to me on this car. With the ample wheel houses on these cars seems there is plenty of room to fill & give it a different stance/attitude.

Heading out to the barn to get these mounted up on the car tonight, putting the kids in bed right now. We were down at the lake fishin' tonight. My 4 year old is a fishin' junkie, think he caught about 50 fish tonight.

Will now have some beautiful 15 x 7 rallys wearing 245/60 15 BFG'S with 155 miles on them for sale if anyone is interested.

Pics in the mornin'.....

I found this thread quite helpful in deciding on wheel & tire size to put on my car. As well as contacting a few members here to get their input & pick their brains a little. I will make a post here too once I put some more miles on her to give an accurate review of my set up.

http://fgmcc.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=197478#Post197478

I wasn't real sure how I was going to like these until I got them on the car. Picking out wheels sure is a difficult thing to do! Anyhow I really like the look & totally changes how the car looks too.

Tires are Nitto 555 255/50 17 all the way around, wheels are Rocket Racing "Boosters" in chrome 17 x 8, 4.5 backspacing, all four wheels are the same.

Took her for a drive this morning, the ride quality remained the same if not just a little better. Plenty of room and no rubbing issues anywhere.

IMG_20130713_100206_zpsb07aede6.jpg

IMG_20130713_100123_zps8b63dd4e.jpg

IMG_20130713_100233_zps79df67f5.jpg

IMG_20130713_100302_zps64449fe5.jpg

IMG_20130713_100330_zps4a2c29f1.jpg

IMG_20130713_100343_zpsfb5f7de5.jpg

IMG_20130713_101838_zpsa3beec04.jpg

IMG_20130713_101906_zps17f8f445.jpg

IMG_20130713_102205_zps4ec6f292.jpg

Totally different car now. Looks awesome Cory! I know what you mean, there are so many choices, almost too many, kind of why I just went with rally's! Every time I see a set of nice wheels on a monte I think of switching up again

Your Monte looks great! Really like the color, sure does "pop" in the sun, wheels made a big difference for the better - just my opinion.

Great job !