Casting Call for My Monte

I got a phone call this evening that Netflix wants to use my Monte Carlo in an upcoming series called "Mindhunter".  They want me and the car next Monday.  The casting call will be weather permitting so I am praying for decent weather.

rob

• Like 4

Lets hope it's not in an Explosive episode... ;)

that sounds great Rob..

Darren

• Like 3

That is pretty cool... B)

Don't let them run and slide across your hood...I seen that in a series somewhere... :D

Rob. How do you get so lucky? :D

Tony, they shoot a lot of films in Pittsburgh. This is the third production for my Monte. The first one they drove past my car but you couldnt see it due to darkness and the second one hasn't been released yet.

rob

I did that years ago. They were shooting a scene from a film that was supposed to be in the late 50's.

They contacted vintage car clubs in the area and had them simply park along the street so it would seem period correct.

The main focus of the resulting film was a dialog between two people as they crossed the street. In the background you could see the cars, and several were actually chosen to be in motion as if it were traffic.

The concept was good, but they first contacted the Buick club and then the Packard club. This was a simple dialog shot outside, but it was clear this was no ordinary town. It looked like average housing but everyone had the money to own a Packard or Buick.  Add a couple of Studebakers driving by and you get the idea.

It's really amazing how long it takes to get the shot they want, and then the result is a movie you can't remember.

Still, it's an experience. Coffee and donuts were free.

I did that years ago. They were shooting a scene from a film that was supposed to be in the late 50's.

They contacted vintage car clubs in the area and had them simply park along the street so it would seem period correct.

The main focus of the resulting film was a dialog between two people as they crossed the street. In the background you could see the cars, and several were actually chosen to be in motion as if it were traffic.

The concept was good, but they first contacted the Buick club and then the Packard club. This was a simple dialog shot outside, but it was clear this was no ordinary town. It looked like average housing but everyone had the money to own a Packard or Buick.  Add a couple of Studebakers driving by and you get the idea.

It's really amazing how long it takes to get the shot they want, and then the result is a movie you can't remember.

Still, it's an experience. Coffee and donuts were free.

First off Mark, it is great to see you posting again, we missed you here.  The last film my car was in I could not believe how well these actors eat.  We had lunch and dinner with the stars.  I don't know how all of them aren't 300 pounds.  They hire top chef's from the area to do the cooking for them.  I just hope the weather holds for the shoot on Monday.  

rob

It went well. It was shot in a residential area. My car was a car parked along the street by the house they were shooting some scenes so it should be in some shots. They pay me $150.00, for the use of the car, for 12 hours or less. They finished up in 3 hours so for this shoot it was a quick $150. They will be shooting in Pittsburgh till December and said they will use my car again.

Rob

They're gonna put me in the movies
They're gonna make a big star out of me
We'll make a film about a man that's sad and lonely
And all I got to do is act naturally

Well, I bet you I'm a gonna be a big star
Might win an Oscar you can never tell
The movie's gonna make me a big star,
'Cause I can play the part so well.

Well, I hope you come and see me in the movie
Then I'll know that you will plainly see
The biggest fool that's ever hit the big time
And all I got to do is act naturally.

We'll make a scene about a man that's sad and lonely
And Begging down upon his bended knee
I'll play the part but I won't need rehearsing
All I have to do is act naturally.

Well, I bet you I'm a gonna be a big star
Might win an Oscar you can never tell
The movie's gonna make me a big star,
'Cause I can play the part so well.

Well, I hope you come and see me in the movie
Then I'll know that you will plainly see
The biggest fool that's ever hit the big time
And all I got to do is act naturally...

Buck Owens and the Buckeroos

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Since the last time they used my Monte for this film they have called me several times to use the Monte again but I had to turn them down due to my work schedule or our recent vacation. They called again today and wanted my Monte for tomorrow and then again next Thursday. I have plans for tomorrow but next Thursday they will use my Monte in two locations....weather permitting.

rob

Since the original post they have called me several times to use my Monte again but every time they have called I was either scheduled to work or we already had plans.  Today they called again and they want my car on Thursday the 25th., weather permitting.  They want to use it in two different shoots that day in two different places about a 25 minute drive time apart.  Both of these places are up near Scott Scooter Stephens home, maybe I will drop in for supper but I doubt it...... usually the movie people eat very well and we would eat with them.  Hope the weather is good.

rob

• Like 1

"Break a leg" tomorrow Rob (and Monte), Hopefully you will have good weather.

Thanks Vinve, I have to leave in the morning, in the rain, a little after 7:00 to head to the site of the first shoot location. With the poor weather in the forecast it looks to be a long day.

rob