Wayne's 70 Monte Finished Trim

Ok every one here's my 70 Monte with all the trim done. Thanks everyone for all the input on hole locations, especially the rocker holes. The door trim that had the oblong nubs, I found fit snugly in a .500 hole. Did many test holes in scrap sheet metal. I spotted each hole with about an .080 drill, then 2 more sizes up to .1875. Then I used 2 sheet metal step drills the 1st one I went up to .375  then I ground another one to start at .375 and went to .500    I did that just to make sure I didn't drill into the inner skin of the door. Now my next project will be the AC. I have a new compressor.  Thanks again, Wayne.

20230421_131631.jpg

20230421_131740.jpg

20230421_131752.jpg

20230421_131807.jpg

20230421_131822.jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Whons said:

Ok every one here's my 70 Monte with all the trim done. Thanks everyone for all the input on hole locations, especially the rocker holes. The door trim that had the oblong nubs, I found fit snugly in a .500 hole. Did many test holes in scrap sheet metal. I spotted each hole with about an .080 drill, then 2 more sizes up to .1875. Then I used 2 sheet metal step drills the 1st one I went up to .375  then I ground another one to start at .375 and went to .500    I did that just to make sure I didn't drill into the inner skin of the door. Now my next project will be the AC. I have a new compressor.  Thanks again, Wayne.

20230421_131822.jpg

How do you like the A pillar gauge pod? That was 1 of my 3 options when doing mine, I got the AutoMeter one and dint care for it so ended up mounting them under the dash. Like others have said, Monte looks great. Good Job ! 

• Like 2

Great job in laying out the trim and attaching it Wayne. Nice and straight from what I can see in the photos. Looking forward to seeing it in person at the Syracuse Nationals !!!

• Like 1