FGMCC GM Nationals Member Winners And Awards

Rob Peters

CLUB AWARDS PRESENTED:

• Joe Tedesco -   Recognized Member Award: Joe has been a big help to us in finding ways to make the club website better.  The number of things Joe has improved are too many to list but Joe has made numerous improvements and has been a big help to me in updating members status's on the boards.  Also Joe's technical knowledge has been one of the first members to respond to members questions
  • Tom Ferrante:  Recognized Member Award:  When a member posts on the boards and is looking for assistance and/or information Tom is the other person who is one of the first to respond.  Tom has assisted many members through difficult problems and sometimes is able to help members with parts he has "In Stock"
  • Congratulations to Joe and Tom on receiving their Recognized Member Awards.

1970 TO 1972 MONTE CARLO - STOCK CLASS:

• 1st Place:  Willie Conforti
  • 2nd Place:  Gary Vanatter
  • 3rd Place:  Rob Peters

1970 TO 1972 MONTE CARLO -  STREET CLASS:

• 1st Place:  Dennis Tretter
  • 2nd Place:  Daniel Donlin
  • 3rd Place:  Ed Walker

1970 TO 1972 MONTE CARLO -  MODIFIED CLASS:

• 1st Place:  Joe Tedesco
  • 2nd Place:  Frank O'Connell
  • 3rd Place:  John Rodi

1995 TO 2007 MONTE CARLO - STOCK CLASS:

• 1st Place:  Bob Wiemels

1978 TO 1988  MONTE CARLO - STOCK CLASS:

• 1st Place:  Joe Sullivan

MEMBER SPECIALITY AWARDS:

• Rob Peters 1970 Monte Carlo.  Celebrity Judge Award from Lou Santiago or  Garage Insider TV Show
  • Frank O'Connell 1970 Monte Carlo.  Celebrity Judge Award from Charlie Vrana of Greenwich Concours
  • Mike Talarek 1972  Monte Carlo.  Celebrity Judge Award fro Kristine Miller-Kochon, GM Enthuiast
  • Thanks to Tom Ferrante for providing me the below information that was not on the Carlisle Events List
  • Tom Ferrante:  Celebrity Judge Award, 1970 Monte Carlo. Given by Bill Miller Jr. Co-owner of the Carlisle fairgrounds

I thought one other of our members had received a Celebrity Judge Award but it is not listed on their website and I can't remember who it may have been.

All three of our officers, Bob Wiemels, CK Collins and Rob Peters, were invited to be Celebrity Judges and were invited to a luncheon on the show field on Saturday.

THE FIRST GENERATION MONTE CARLO CLUB RECEIVED TWO OTHER CARLISLE EVENTS AWARDS:

• CLUB CHALLENGE PRESENTED BY HEMMINGS:  2nd Place.  This award is presented to the club based upon cars registered in the club name
  • COOLEST CLUB HANGOUT:  This award is presented by Carlisle Events to the club with the best decorated club canopy and the inner actions of their members among themselves and with the spectators and other car owners

We had a several other really neat things happen while we were there:

• The first happened on Friday morning.  Lou Santiago, who has hosted numerous television shows asked if he could interview me about my car and the club for his current show.  It was a very short interview but it was really an honor and a chance to talk about the club.  I have no idea when the show will be aired
  • Also on Saturday afternoon two gentlemen from HEMMINGS CLASSIC CARS approached me and asked if I would be interested in having my car featured in that publication.  I told them I would be honored but it is not a restored car and they said that would not matter.  They have taken my information but I don't know for sure if or when I may hear from them, I will keep you all posted.
  • On Saturday evening we were honored to have Lou Santiago join us at our group dinner.

Bottom line is the First Generation Monte Carlo Club had a very strong showing at the Carlisle Events GM Nationals.  Thank you all for attending.

rob

• Like 15

Congratulations to all who made it to the Eastern mini meet! 

Myself, brother and son had a great time thanks to all the great members we finally met! We had a blast even though the weather was not the best. 

Soooo glad we finally made it and hopefully see everyone at the 2024 Eastern Meet. 

I am also very humbled to receive the Recognized Member Award. I thank everyone for the honor! I'm glad I could help members and look forward to continuing to do so. 

• Like 12

Congratulations to all of the award winners. Joe and Tom your help with the club for both current and hopefully future members is an awesome asset. The awards were very well deserved. I for one thank you both for the seen and unseen things that you guys do for the club. Thank you. 

• Like 5
  • Thank You! 2

Ok here we go, First and most importantly Congrats to ALL the winners!!!  Yes Tom was the other Celebrity Judge Award winner as i was there and watched as Bill Miller awarded Tom!  

Second, I am not mentioning names but there was a hand full of people that couldn't make it that i/we missed by not being there.

Third my 2 cents. It was the worst and Best 3 day show ever. As most of you know i have been going to Carlisle for about 25-30 years. I have done them all Vender, Spectator, you name it. This weekend was the wettest of them all. Never has it rained almost 3 days straight, until this weekend. I was checking the weather 2 weeks before on my phone app. Just to decide if i was going to bring the car, as i really did NOT want to because of the rain. I was never not going, just didn't want to bring the car, as I am a stickler about not having my cars in the rain. The week before the meet i even spoke to Joe T about it, back and fourth we would go about it and he convinced me it was the right thing to do for the club. So i did, but not happy about it.

As i was trailering her in the steady mist of water i began to think to myself, the main reason to go to this meet isn't really the cars per say Its the great people of this club and the comradery that i desired. I seen All my friends and met some new ones.  Fantastic food, and tons of Laughs made it a over the top MEET. (even though the car got wet and i mean wet. LOL)  

So i would like to Thank everyone who had anything to do with putting together this meet, from Rob, CK, Bob down to Alli making cookies to Dennis wiping off my car when i wasn't there, I can go on and on. Thank You everyone for making this happen. And you too Joe!!!

• Like 10
  • Thank You! 1

Congrats to everyone who won awards and a hearty ‘Thank You’ to everyone involved in the behind the scenes logistics who made this event possible.

While we didn’t quite get to meet and talk to everybody, it’s obvious that all present are good people and we immediately felt comfortable… well, except for when two giant bananas attacked Dennis - didn’t know what his fate would be as they locked arms with him and began to march away😂

See you all next year!

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Congratulations to Joe and Tom both well deserved of this. Thank you for all your knowledge and help. Congratulations to all who won an award also well deserved. 

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

Congratulations to all of the award winners. Joe and Tom your help with the club for both current and hopefully future members is an awesome asset. The awards were very well deserved. I for one thank you both for the seen and unseen things that you guys do for the club. Thank you. 

1 hour ago, willie said:

And you too Joe!!!

Thank you, very nice of you guys! Congratulations to all the other winners as well!

I'd like to thank our members here for voting for my car, it's really appreciated and means more that it came from within our own group that voted.

I'd also like to thank Rob, CK & Bob for the club recognition award, again, very much appreciated, but wasn't necessary.  I love this place and enjoy helping out our members and also tinkering with the website stuff in the background. (Last year I mentioned to Rob I'd like to take a more active roll in the club, so he made me a moderator, then quickly bumped it to admin so I could try a few things). Hopefully, I don't break it  :hide:.

I was talking to Rob earlier this morning and mentioned that I'll probably take crap from Dennis, Glen & Mark for getting sappy, but joining this club was one of the best things I've ever done. It really has been a sort of life altering event. I'm coming up on the 5 year mark (hard to believe it has been that long already), and the people and friendships I've made these last years has really been wonderful. I talk to, or text a handful of these guys almost daily (or all day/night in some cases), plus the amount of laughs we've had has no price tag (well, $25 a year.. 🤣). It was the best money I ever spent, without a single doubt in my mind.

As always, thanks go out to Rob for putting this all together for us, fantastic job as usual! The amount of time and money you put into making this special for everyone is appreciated.

Lastly, thank you Tom F, Kevin & Tom for finally attending the event. I know it was a long hard road, but I'm sure I speak for everyone, we're all so very happy that you guys made it! It's always great to finally put a face to the names here, and makes it that much more personal. We're hoping that you guys can get things juggled around, so that you can join us in a few weeks at Syracuse as well. We really would like to spend more time with you guys.

• Like 11

Well said all.   Great time, great people, and, as Rob says, the beautiful cars are a bonus.   I'm looking forward to the Syracuse mini-meet in a few weeks and then being back in Carlisle next year.  

• Like 6

I can't add anything that hasn't already been said, except again thank you to all. Its raining here today so its almost like I never left 🤣 I'll probably unload my spotlessly clean tow vehicle today 🙃

I need clarification since I walked into an ongoing conversation.....From now on we call Tom T2 and his son (you know the one doing ALL the work in the pictures he posts 🤣) T1 ? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

22 hours ago, MC1of80 said:

I was the other Celebrity Judge Award, 1970 Monte Carlo. Given by Bill Miller Jr. Co-owner of the Carlisle fairgrounds. 

Tom, I do now remember at the dinner you saying you had been honored with a celebrity judge award.  When I got home I printed out all of the winners list I couldn't find it.  Thank you for letting me know who it was from so I could edit my post.  Again, it was great to meet you, Kevin and Tom.

rob

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

Tom, I do now remember at the dinner you saying you had been honored with a celebrity judge award.  When I got home I printed out all of the winners list I couldn't find it.  Thank you for letting me know who it was from so I could edit my post.  Again, it was great to meet you, Kevin and Tom.

rob

All good Rob. Apparently Bill Miller Jr has a habit of not handing the paperwork in on time. As told to me by a few employees. Lolol 

We had a great time meeting you and the members who were there, sharing stories and looking at all the awesome Monte Carlos! 

• Like 3

I just want to thank everyone for the warm welcome that we received. Congratulations to everyone who got an award and to everyone who showed up with the weather being what it was. Thanks to Rob and CK for all their time and effort to put the show together. Had a great time and hope to see everyone next year with my car this time !! 

• Like 5

Congratulations to all the show winners, to those who became recognized members, to Rob and CK for having a great show for our club.. and a special appreciation for those who braved the elements to promote the fgmcc in such an outstanding way!... Ron...

• Like 6