My Custom project

Dtret

Since it really doesn’t fit in the trifecta topic I will start another one. I’m just trying to repair little things so I can drive it as is. The rebuild of it will be a long time down the road. 

A couple weeks ago I was curious if there was another build sheet on top of the fuel tank. So I decided to drop the tank to look, bad decision. Ended up cutting the strap bolts to get the tank down, luckily I had replacements in stock. No build sheet but I did get to repair the ground for the fuel gauge so now that works. No pictures, didn’t happen. Lol. 

• Like 1

Next up was fix the rear brakes. I could bleed the front just fine but no fluid out the rear and it was holding vacuum when trying to bleed, plugged somewhere. I started at the wheel cylinders and both were froze up. I removed and did a quick rebuild and they were fine, still no fluid. Next up was the prop valve, I tried resetting it but that all seemed ok. So I pulled the rear line off the prop valve and fluid ran out, so I knew fluid was going to the rear. I followed the metal line all the way back looking for issues, none. Next up rear lines wheel to hose , pulled both, blew air through fine. So I figured it was the rear hose. I pulled the remaining metal line and removed the hose, air blew through fine, I eventually replaced it anyway with the old one off the 71 cuz it looked and felt better. The only thing left was the metal line from the prop valve to the diff. Blew light air through, nothing, I hit it with the full blast of air and something shot out like a bullet. Reassembled, bled and it’s all good now. I would have never thought the metal line was plugged. Something new. No pictures, didn’t happen.

• Like 1

Next up was the exhaust, tail pipes were rotted off but the rest of it looked to be in great condition. So I picked up this system, and some other parts for 200 bucks. I know it’s not correct for the car but I can use it on something else, it’s an SS system. Drivers side tailpipe came right out and I installed the newish pipe. Work great and lined up perfectly. Passenger side, could not remove the pipe so I heated it with a hand torch, no go. I was twisting hard enough that it broke the inside of the muffler. So big deal I had the whole other system. Installed the complete pass side. Turned out fine. But I couldn’t leave well enough alone, because I sure can’t have two different mufflers, so off came the driver side—again. So it’s finally back together. And that was how I spent my birthday. Lol. 

IMG_5474.png

IMG_5578.jpeg

• Like 6

So today I gat the bright idea to change out the front bumper filler. Somewhere in its history someone smacked something and bent the bumper, filler and grill. I know you can’t really tell but I have fillers so what the heck. The PO must have put a repop bumper on cuz it fits terrible. Only two broken bolts but it all worked out ok. And it doesn’t look any different. Lol. But I know it’s not bent anymore. The grill was cracked so I’ll have to replace it but I pressed out most of the bend without totally destroying it. 

IMG_5579.jpeg

IMG_5581.jpeg

IMG_5583.jpeg

• Like 5

Hello Mr Dennis!!!!  First of all, so glad you sent pics! Do you know why? OK i will tell you.........     Being that you didn't show up at Syracuse, you did get some work done on the Custom. So that's a good thing!!  However, what the heck is that white stuff all around that exhaust system??? We don't ever want to see that (unless Aaron has them in his pics, they are always beautiful), but would of been glad to have some in Syracuse, it was very hot!!! lol   And lastly Happy Birthday buddy!!! My Dads Birthday was today, even though he is no longer here, now i have another friend to share a Happy Birthday with!!!

• Like 3
  • Thank You! 1

Ohh i forgot, Happy Birthday!!!!!   :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay: what i have to put another 50 of these dancing bananas? I am not sure there are that many in the printer!!  lol  My hand hurts already!!

Happy Birthday Dennis!!!!

• Thank You! 1
  • Haha 4

Here you go Willie, I will help you out!!!!   Happy Birthday Dennis.

rob

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

• Like 1
  • Thank You! 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Glen said:

Happy Bday, dude.  You share your birthday with my Dad… 84 years old and still pretty sharp.  

He’s probably sharper at 84 than I am at 55. He got out of this mechanical crap, so I definitely know he’s smarter. Happy birthday Glen’s dad. 

• Like 1
  • Thank You! 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

Here you go Willie, I will help you out!!!!   Happy Birthday Dennis.

rob

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Rob, I am sure that you just got confused but based on the number of bananas you have my age confused with yours. Just saying. Lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, willie said:

Joe i think we should dedicate them to Dennis, how do we do that???   I love them!!!  lol

I added them to the emoji list, use them as you wish.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

:dance::satan-banana-smiley-emoticon::devil::bananas-in-love-smiley-emoticon:

I like them! I'm sure Dennis will too 🤣

There's a couple I didn't add, family forum & all .....

I sent that personally to him & Glen!

• Like 3