1970 Monte Carlo

Jim Jackson

Congratulations and welcome to the club, Jim! You own a rare big block, factory 4-speed, '70!!  Have you had her awhile or is this a recent acquisition?

Hope it is still matching numbers, but even if not it should be a blast to drive!  Looks like someone has done a reasonably good job integrating a cowl induction into the Monte hood and the Chevelle rally stripes appear to be nicely done, also.  I imagine you are planning to provide the necessary love to bring this rare survivor back to prime condition.  That original drivetrain alone will make it well worth some serious restoration!  In the meantime, enjoy driving her!

Where was your '70 built (the 7th position of the VIN is the assembly plant code)? If the code is anything other than an "F" (Flint), you might be able to find a Build Sheet somewhere in the seats or under the gas tank. The hand-written list of optional equipment on the Bill of Sale is really hard to read but I don't see power steering on there.  My factory 4-speed '70 was originally built without power steering, also, and it was a beast to parallel park or turn around until I installed a salvaged factory power steering system.

Thanks for the pics. Enjoy the club!

• Like 2

On 8/11/2023 at 3:14 PM, John S said:

I grew up in Stevens Point Wisconsin looking at your window I noticed a Hi Rev speed shop sticker. I haven’t seen one of them since the late 1970s.

I grew up by Antigo, we had one of the stores there..Bought a few parts there a long time ago !!!

• Like 1