2024 Eastern Meet Attendees And Other Stats As Of Sep 27, 2023

Rob Peters

Rob, I’m sorry, I just searched my emails and I see that I did receive the club dues notification you sent out. I just must’ve missed it. I just sent my payment via PayPal. Thanks! 

• Like 1
  • Thank You! 1

I am very impressed how our members are coming together to attend this Eastern Meet.  Our club Meets and Mini-Meets are the best way to truly get to know our members and see the most First Generation Monte Carlo's all in one place at one time.  

As most of us know, a normal car meet is about looking at cars but in our club it is more than that.  For this Eastern Meet we have at least 10 members who will be there without a car so with this you can see it is just as much about the people.  Some of our members even say they are not interested in awards, even to the point they will tell me if our members vote for their car they prefer to not accept that award. 

Our members  and their guests are just as much a reason to attend one of our meets and mini-meets.  After all, when we are sitting out in the parking lot in the evening for our "Bench Racing" sessions, unless someone has asked for information/assistance on something with their car our members are not gathered around the cars, they are doing some serious bench racing in the circle of folding chairs.

Thank you all for your participation in this upcoming Eastern Meet, you will make it amazing!!!   BUT, we still have almost 5 months before this meet so keep those registrations coming in.   If you see a name missing on the above list please approach them and see if you can talk them into attending.

rob                           

• Like 8
  • Thank You! 1

Like Rob said, it's way more than just a car show, or a website presence after you go to a meet and actually become friends with the members here. I was one of the ones that initially didn't show up to the first meet with a car, because it was in a lot of pieces. Not once was I made to feel like an outsider, or unwelcome. In fact, it was Willie C. that took us under his wing for the entire weekend, as well as C.K. and his son Dennis that also included us in everything, and steered us in the right directions every step of the way. Complete game changer after that, when you realize the quality of people here, and it goes so much further than just cars.

I've said it before, that joining this group has turned out to really be a life changing event for me. Had I not picked up the last Monte in 2019, which ultimately led me to find and join this group, that fork in the road would have definitely taken a much more boring path, there are no doubts in my mind. I've managed to meet and talk to so many great people that I never would have had the opportunity otherwise. I literally get to talk or text some of the members here daily, just a priceless gift. 

So, if anyone is on the fence, please take a leap and at least reserve a room for Carlisle, Syracuse, or any of the other available meets. Come meet the people here in person, I can guarantee that you'll be glad you did.

As always, Thank You Rob for all that you do for us!  It's a lot of work on your part to make all this happen, but the memories and friendships forged from your efforts, well you just can't put a value on that. :2beers:

• Like 11

5 hours ago, jft69z said:

I was one of the ones that initially didn't show up to the first meet with a car, because it was in a lot of pieces. Not once was I made to feel like an outsider, or unwelcome.

Well how some things sure have changed 🤣

OBVIOUSLY I'm joking ! For those who are "unaware" of the "imaginary Monte" chop busting going on occasionaly here its because I've been to 3 meets without my Monte. 

As has been said, its more than just a car show, its an experience. You get to meet the people behind the screen names and see some really NICE Montes. Not to mention having some fun along the way. 

For anybody worried that they may not want to participate in some of the planned activities, DON'T. These things are planned to try and give club members a variety of options over the weekend, they are NOT mandatory. And don't worry if you don't think your Monte is "show worthy", nobody cares. 

As Joe said, if your on the fence, book a room, 63 registered club members should tell you something about much people have enjoyed these events 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, DragCat said:

Well how some things sure have changed 🤣

OBVIOUSLY I'm joking ! For those who are "unaware" of the "imaginary Monte" chop busting going on occasionaly here its because I've been to 3 meets without my Monte. 

Even though I went without my car to the first show we attended, there was a long, ongoing thread that documented every stage of its progress. Not just a few pics that could be found on the internet, or photoshopped....just sayin......:rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

My car has always been ready for a meet unfortunately I haven't been ready personally but I wouldn't hesitate to go without my car if ever nessasary.  Like others have said its much more than a car show its a family reunion with new members of the family arriving each year.

• Like 6

As stated above it’s more than just a car show. I’ve met some awesome people, some I now consider friends and some I now consider part of my family. I talked to 3 different members on the phone today, mailed several others parts and have a bunch of texts going back and forth. Three years ago I couldn’t have said this, and a lot of times we don’t even mention cars. But we do talk about the club. Picking on each other is part of the fun but I know if I seriously needed something help could be a phone call away. What other group offers that?  Yearly dues are a pittance compared to what I receive in return. I’ll see you all in Carlisle. 

• Like 9

As others have said it's not the cars, it's the people!!!       I am here 15+ years and stalked prior to that. I don't remember if any one at that time attended without their car. However, i know i did. Never was i ever razzed about not having my car there. Everyone knew i was working on her and they all offered any kind of help that i needed. I am not a body man, or even a mechanic so it took a lot longer than i wanted it to, for sure. 

So when the time came to introduce this great club to others, i did my best! I was accepted with open arms from everyone (too many people to list) why not give back!! And as fate had it, that's when Joe and Doug became members. From there Dennis, Mark, Glen and others!

As everyone here is an ambassador of this club. We all have a common goal and that is to be the best person we can be, the cars are second to that. Over my time here there was invaluable lessons learned, that i would of never stumbled across had i not joined this club. As Joe mentioned its a life changing event, and it has also been for me. I learn something new every day, and try to make someone laugh every day, and to me that's the way it is supposed to be!!!

Bottom line, attend the meets, have a great time!!  The car is not needed!!!

Can't wait to see all my friends at Carlisle!!!!!   I know i owe a few of them, breakfast or an iced tea, lol i don't even remember!!!  lol

• Like 9

7 hours ago, willie said:

Can't wait to see all my friends at Carlisle!!!!!   I know i owe a few of them, breakfast or an iced tea, lol i don't even remember!!!  lol

Everyone knew i was working on her and they all offered any kind of help that i needed.

I think sometime prior there was some comments made about a monetary jar at the meet, If I remember correctly both you and I have to contribute 🤣

The 2nd comment really hit home for me....When I got back into classic cars and got my Cougar, I was telling my buddy its been so long since ive turned a wrench. He just shook his head and said you weren't very good at it back then. 🤣 But he's been there in the trenchs with me through that and the Monte. Ive received the same help here since day one with all my struggles 🤣 Especially the folks that pm'd me and said send me a pic of what your talking about or call me and I'll walk you trough it.

I'm still in awe of all the knowledge and willingness to help another out. 🤘

• Like 8

On 11/15/2023 at 6:34 PM, Rob Peters said:

(Updated Nov 17, 2023.  Also states added next to names

Registration Class  Stock-7, Street-8, Modified-16, Super/Custom Modified-5, 

rob

I'm going to be watching closely some of these 🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Everyone knew i was working on her and they all offered any kind of help that i needed.

Mark thats why they were put in. lol ☺️😁:yay:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, mc71454 said:

Just booked hotel and will be attending the eastern meet in June 2024

Thomas,

I will be sending you an email this evening so I can get your information for the club registration... Please watch for that email.

rob

We have had more club registrations since my last update.  We have had 4 additional registrations jumping our club registrations from 61 to 65.  Below is the current count:

EDITED FEB 1, 2024  We are now at 61 members registered with me.  I have gotten 4 new registrations today

Mark Apel               Ohio

Thomas Baird          New York

Bob Bardou         New York

Sammy Barnette     North Carolina

Capri Blasco            Ohio

Jim Boczar              Connecticut

Kenneth Bower       Virginia

CK Collins                New York

Dennis Collins          New York

Willie Conforti          New York

Jim Covello              Pennsylvania

Randy Czankner       Pennsylvania

Brian Den Bleyker     New Jersey

Tony Divirgilio            Pennsylvania

Aaron Dodsworth      British Columbia Canada

Dan Donlin                  New Jersey

John Engle                 Ohio

Kevin Ferrante           New York

Tom Ferrante            New York

Jeffrey Freeman           New York

Jolene Garvin         Pennsylvania

Andy Gorzynski       Pennsylvania

Doug Guenther       New York

Carl Hanson            Virginia

Robert Hedden        Pennsylvania

Robert Hedden      Pennsylvania

Marty Jenkins        New York

Kevin Jones             Pennsylvaina

Leo Konik                Michigan

Keith Lamagna        New York

Richard Lang           Maryland

Bryan Mauger         Ohio

Ryan Misrasi          Utah

Jeffy Mullen            Maryland

Paul Mullen              Maryland

Greg Munday            Pennsylvania

Jay Munday           Pennsylvania

Frank O'Connell       Massachusetts

Geraled Patterson    Virginia

Rob Peters                Pennsylvania

Patrick Peters           Pennsylvania

Glen Popiela              Illinois

Seth Primack            New York

John Principato        Ontario Canada

Bill Rees                    Ohio

Jared Richey             South Carolina

John Rodi                  Connecticut

Joe Roman              Pennsylvania

Dan Ruland               New York

James Seyboldt        Florida

Jerry Skidmore         Tennessee

Jim Stead                  New York

Michael Stevens       Pennsylvania

Joe Sullivain               Pennsylvania

Michael Talerek         New York

Joe Tedesco               New York

Ron Tevis                   Kentucky

Diana Tocci                New Hampshire

Dennis Tretter            Ohio

Mark Truman              Florida

Gary Vanatter            Pennsylvania

Jerry (Del) Warner     Pennsylvania

Bob Wiemels            Ohio

Donny Vestal           Tennessee

Mike Zecca              Pennsylvania

Keep those registrations coming in.  You know, if this continues we may have to find an additional hotel if we run out of rooms at the Fairfield Inn And Suites.  

rob

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Or we just take over the whole hotel. lol. 😆 

Trust me Dennis, I would like nothing better than to do that.  It is my guess we already have the majority of the rooms allotted to our club.  I am sure if it is possible they would give us more but we are already 20 over our original block of rooms so we will just have to wait to see.  

• Like 6

We just have to find a hotel in the area that has enough rooms for all the Fiero club members. Then we can takeover the Fairfield Inn !!

• Like 3

I hear there is plenty of room for the fiero club in Hershey, Pittsburg, and even Cleveland. Those guys can stay there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, cbolt said:

I hear there is plenty of room for the fiero club in Hershey, Pittsburg, and even Cleveland. Those guys can stay there. 

Good one Jim!!:yay::yay::yay:. I hope Dennis doesn't mind me using some of his banana's

rob

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

Good one Jim!!:yay::yay::yay:. I hope Dennis doesn't mind me using some of his banana's

rob

Not at all.  You can have all of them. PLEASE TAKE THEM ALL. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4