Hemmings Article

Their values seem outdated. Those SS454 prices would be right 5 years ago but not now. I was considering selling my 71 SS this year but would just keep it at those prices. I turned down $50k USD for it in 2022..

• Like 5

Looking at the comments this appears to be an old article with the date being updated to 2024. Some comments are from 3 years ago.

• Like 2

Well at least they quoted Rob on some and gave a nod to the forum. Hagerty valuation tool now makes you join to get a guesstimate on price/value on level 1 and 2 🙃 They give a value of 38K level 3 for a 70 SS. Prices have definitely climbed up the last couple of years 

• Like 4

hi ,also surprised no 72 custom was mentioned ,as prices climb will wait ,my jukebox repair guy offered me 40 k in 2017,my wife said absolutely not , but he mentioned to call him if I ever wanted to sell.

Sam hasn't been a club officer in at least 5 years. I was thinking it was from maybe 7 years or so ago. Wish Sam could make the eastern meet this year too. He is a great guy and a wealth of information too.

• Like 2

Great article Frank and Thanks for posting! However it has to be an old article as those numbers are very low!!! I agree with Mark, as Rob and Sam were interviewed, and the club was mentioned! Pretty cool!!!

I am sure Rob will chime in and let us know how long ago that was???

• Like 5

Frank,

Is that in a current Hemmings?????  If so I would love to grab a copy of it  If it is, which Hemmings is it in. 

Yes, some of those quotes are from me but they were from awhile back.  I cant remember exactly when it would have been but I am guessing a minimum of 5 to 7 years ago and at that time I was not even a club officer.  Also correct is Sam has not been active in the club on the boards or at events but he is still a dues paying member.  

I am glad they plugged the club website.  I suspect they went to the club website to see that I am currently the club President but can't understand why they would not have noticed that Sam is no longer a club officer.  Again, I want to grab a copy of this Hemmings but since Hemmings publishes more than one magazine.

rob

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

Frank,

Is that in a current Hemmings?????  If so I would love to grab a copy of it  If it is, which Hemmings is it in.

I haven’t received a hard copy yet this month so I’m not sure if it is in the magazine or just online.  I’ll keep an eye out for it

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, FrankOC said:

I haven’t received a hard copy yet this month so I’m not sure if it is in the magazine or just online.  I’ll keep an eye out for it

Thanks Frank, I appreciate it.

rob

Look at the comments after the article,  most are 2-3 years old.

Plus I found this thread from 2021. Sounds like you already have that magazine,  Rob.

https://www.firstgenmc.com/forums/index.php?/topic/24589-hemmings-1970-1972-chevrolet-monte-carlo-buyers-guide/

To go further, the date on that magazine cover pictured above says 'July 2021', and the date of the online search shows it on the Hemmings site '2021/06/01'.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, jft69z said:

Look at the comments after the article,  most are 2-3 years old.

Plus I found this thread from 2021. Sounds like you already have that magazine,  Rob.

https://www.firstgenmc.com/forums/index.php?/topic/24589-hemmings-1970-1972-chevrolet-monte-carlo-buyers-guide/

To go further, the date on that magazine cover pictured above says 'July 2021', and the date of the online search shows it on the Hemmings site '2021/06/01'.

Too funny reading the comments.  So, back then, three years ago, OPGi were listing fenders they didn't have in stock yet.  I don't know of anyone who has bought and tried to fit those aftermarket fenders so we don't even know how good they are 

rob

• Like 4

Nice ad, thanks frank for posting, they spoke highly of the FGMCC and its officers as well. Good job on the interview guys!. Ron…

• Like 3

Those prices were off even then. I had recently gotten almost 30k out of a small block bucket seat 72 in 2020. It was a Nice Car but when I was 15 an SS 454 barely do 20-25.

I remember a BEAUTIFUL triple blue 71 ss at rod run around 2008 or 2009 for 25k

• Like 2