Headlight extension lower trim piece?

Hey guys I bought this and just realized that I haven't seen it on any Monte's. I have seen NOS pieces on eBay. Can you please elaborate?

IMG_8034.jpg

As Larry said, 1970 only and was cancelled part way through the production year. No 1971 Montes had this trim. My 1970 does.

image.png.44e5d1f2c62d27b07b1f53d83a33355c.png

• Like 5

If you have two holes on the bottom of the headlight extension ( one being bigger) then it came with them. At least the extension did if it was replaced 

Just a little clarification.  It was a 70 Monte item.  Not all 70's had them.  Aaron said it was cancelled part way though the production year.  That may be true at some of the plants but not all.  My car was made in the Baltimore Assembly Plant with a production date of late June and my car came with those trim pieces below the headlamps.  

I can't speak for the other plants as to when they quit installing them.  Some feel most of the assembly plants quit installing them toward the end of the production year and they ran out.  Truth is, it has not been determined when each plant quit installing them.  I have even heard people say their 71 came with them but since they were not the original owner there is not any way of knowing that for sure since most of these cars have been through multiple owners.

rob

• Like 6

I do not have any 70s but i like the look and will put a set on later in the future!!   lol   Not on the 72, Mark will give me a minus 1.   lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, willie said:

I do not have any 70s but i like the look and will put a set on later in the future!!   lol   Not on the 72, Mark will give me a minus 1.   lol

I would have never known Willie until the subject was brought up 🤣 Always learning around here 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, DragCat said:

I would have never known Willie until the subject was brought up 🤣 Always learning around here 

Mark I've been around here for 15 plus years and I'm still learning 

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Same here Steve, i learn something here everyday!!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

That’s what’s so cool about this club.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, DragCat said:

I had to go look at my 70, yep have'm. Never knew there was a difference 

Trim.JPG

Did you photoshop them as add ons, wait whose car is that?  It’s a beauty. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

I’ve been married for over 20 years and I’m still learning… 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, Canuck said:

I’ve been married for over 20 years and I’m still learning… 🤣

Got you beat on that one Aaron we will have our 52nd anniversary  sometime in May

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Leghome said:

Got you beat on that one Aaron we will have our 52nd anniversary  sometime in May

Sometime in May Larry? You  probably should know that date after all these years so you can avoid getting into more trouble 😅

• Haha 2

Oh I know the date one week after my birthday which I do NOT celebrate and do not publish either date for our birthdays that are 3 1/2 weeks apart at her request

1 hour ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Sometime in May Larry? You  probably should know that date after all these years so you can avoid getting into more trouble 😅

• Like 5

They'll work on all three. I think I had the first 72 someone put them on. Had to trim for grille.  Looked amazing 

• Like 1

On 3/10/2024 at 9:05 PM, 1Bad454 said:

Thank you for the clarification gentlemen! I took them off. lol

I know they did not come on a 71 but I am going to install them. I feel they spruce up the front end.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, black07ss said:

I know they did not come on a 71 but I am going to install them. I feel they spruce up the front end.

Even though they were not a 71 item but I have heard of some people who bought their early 71 new and they were on their car from the factory.  I can't verify it but I guess it is possible.

rob

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

Even though they were not a 71 item but I have heard of some people who bought their early 71 new and they were on their car from the factory.  I can't verify it but I guess it is possible.

rob

Waste not... Want not....

If G.M. had parts left over from a previous year that fit, I'd imagine they'd do something like that.

• Like 2

On 3/25/2024 at 5:40 AM, Dtret said:

They were. 

A lot of people put them on upside down on the Chevelles to compliment the upside down ‘SS’ badge on the grill. 

Or so I’ve heard…

• Haha 2