New owner in Tennessee

cooter

My father and I just purchased our very First 1972 Monte Carlo. Really good driver buts needs some TLC. Lots of little minor things to address. Let the learning curve beguin.Thanks for allowing us into the Family.

• Like 5

Thanks. Thats a nice T bucket. I have a couple of those too. This Monte Carlo is a new chapter.

• Like 2

Real nice looking car Cory, good for you!

We're here to help, plenty of knowledgeable people here. Don't hesitate to ask.

Joe T 

• Like 2

It's not too late to sign up and meet us all in Carlisle, Pa in a couple months either. So far, it's the largest gathering to date, with something like 80 members, and well over a hundred with family members included. Great way to meet a lot of really fantastic people, and also share the trip with your family too, if wanted.

• Like 3

Thanks for the invite. I don’t know if we can swing that. We have a T Bucket National in Branson Missouri in May, a regional at Bowling Green in June and another regional event at Elkhart Indiana in September. Lots of running. We would sure love to see everyone and all the cars. If not this year hopefully next year. 

• Like 4

Congratulations Cory to you and your father on finding that good looking Monte. You came to the right place for any information you may need. 

• Like 2

I been on internet trying to get educated on these first generation Monte Carlo’s.  Car is in good shape. I decided the tag under hood and found paint code 50. I could tell it had been painted. Just not factory color. I have figured out the super heat fuse that was missing on A/C previous owner had jumper wired compressor. I’m in process of hunting why idle Solenoid has no 12V key on at moment. It’s little things like this that drive you crazy

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, cooter said:

Thanks. Thats a nice T bucket. I have a couple of those too. This Monte Carlo is a new chapter.

If you mean the other car in the picture that's not a t bucket,  it's a completely custom 26 Ford roadster my brother's car,he's in the process of building a 27 Ford coupe now. He's a Ford guy somewhere my parents went wrong 🤣 I have Always liked the t buckets myself too.

• Like 2

Welcome Cory and Dad!!!  She is beautiful!!  As others said, we are here to help with anything you run into!!

• Like 2

Cory, Welcome aboard the boards.  We hope you like what you see here and decide to become a dues paying member.  Yes, we would love to see you and your dad in Carlisle.  Since you are filled up on T-Bucket venue's maybe cancel one of them and join us in Carlisle.  You would not regret it.

rob

• Like 3

Very nice 72 !. You just missed the FGMCC eastern meet in Somerset Ky  last summer. If you don’t make it to Carlisle in PA this year, plan on attending an Eastern meet next year .. 2025… they will be announced on the boards, , again, welcome ….Great club here…

• Like 1

I have been to Somerset KY for cruise in before. Rode the rattlesnake. I’m 3hrs South of Somerset. Will definitely be watching for events on the East coast.

• Like 1

Cory, Well worth the price of joining this Club. We also hold a Mini Meet at the Syracuse Nationals, the “Largest Car Show in the Northeast” with over 10K plus vehicles in attendance at the NYS Fairgrounds in Syracuse NY. Plenty of great members, events, information, camaraderie and fun. We hope you will join us. 

• Like 3

Welcome Cory!  

Great lookin Monte. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

Cory, Welcome aboard the boards.  We hope you like what you see here and decide to become a dues paying member.  Yes, we would love to see you and your dad in Carlisle.  Since you are filled up on T-Bucket venue's maybe cancel one of them and join us in Carlisle.  You would not regret it.

rob

Thanks Rob,

I just payed my dues. I'm looking forward to this new adventure.

Cooter

• Like 7
  • Thank You! 1

55 minutes ago, cooter said:

Thanks Rob,

I just payed my dues. I'm looking forward to this new adventure.

Cooter

As long as you’re working on the Monte you won’t regret that decision. Also I’ll bet long after the Monte is done and or gone you will remain a member because of the people that you have come to know and trust. It’s not all about the cars here. Great decision and glad to have you on board. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Dtret said:

As long as you’re working on the Monte you won’t regret that decision. Also I’ll bet long after the Monte is done and or gone you will remain a member because of the people that you have come to know and trust. It’s not all about the cars here. Great decision and glad to have you on board. 

Thanks,

I love my T-Bucket family. We call it family reunions when we get together. The cars is just what gets us all in one place. I can already tell this is gonna be the same way. Thanks for letting us in the family. 

• Like 4