What did you do to your Monte today?

Gave her a proper hand bath...for those in the chigao area...radio host Dick Biondi)WLS FM is hosting a car show at a Chevy dealer on June 11th and I put my car up on their website and they asked me to be in the show, I guess it is by invite only) so 5 hours later...I decided all that work meant I could take her for a long drive today...I love my girl....

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was only 87 here today but was moving day for my daughter so thats what I did but after took monte out to the stor and a little cruise going to take it to work tomorrow because my daughter has my car as hers is in for repair.

Lets see. Saturday I pulled the stock mirror off and replaced it with one that mounts to the windshield. I'm over 6 ft tall and the stock mirror was right in my line of sight and actually prevented me from seeing the right front corner of the car. I chose to replace it rather than cut up / shorten the stock piece.

Gave the old girl a good bath and a quick spray detailer wax until I have the time to do it right. Going to pressure wash the engine compartment this week and hopefully gets some of the wiring cleaned up.

Also bought new UMI upper and lower rear control arms. Need to get those installed sometime soon.

Priority number one however is finding an annoying squeak coming from under the dash. Sounds like it's coming from the steering column or maybe even the radio area. Not sure but it's annoying to say the least.

No one can say I don't drive the old girl. So far I've put 1200 miles on her already this year and I've really only been driving her for 2 months. smile

Guest knightfan2691

Welp, not today, but Memorial Day Monday ... got all 5 MCs out for the first time in 2011.

Does that count? lol

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic | * meet_10.15.11_Volo.IL *

MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I'll take a Chevrolet just any day" __ John Conlee __ 'Common Man'

Took mine to work on Tuesday, then Alli took the twins out for a ride when I got home. I was going to take it today too,but major thunderstorms rolling in later today,chance of large hail and all, so of course Im not taking that chance. The rest of the week is supposed to cool off, and Im planning on driving a couple more times this week. Im sticking to my promise of driving it more cool

last night i siliconed the parking brake (when i released it the light wouldnt come off). It just needed an extra 2 mm, now it comes off. I also installed my new window cranks and removed my old cigarette lighter in preperation of my new one arriving.

-Mark

hey scott where'd ya get the hood? looks great!

It is a fiberglass L88 scoop grafted to the steel hood. I don't have springs on the hood hinges because I'm afraid the scoop will break. Takes 2 men and a boy to open that hood! lol

Originally Posted By: footballubet
Takes 2 men and a boy to open that hood! lol

Ok, so where do you find the 2 men?? whistle

kicking

Originally Posted By: footballubet
Takes 2 men and a boy to open that hood! lol

Ok, so where do you find the 2 men?? whistle

Man you slipped right into that one.. kicking

Nothing today except buy some weld thru primer and a couple new tools to work on it. grin But yesterday I started to replace the lower front corner of the pass. door skin. And after media blasting the inner structure a little, I began fabing up the new inner corner too. mad

Had both Montes out today. Had the 72 out for my drive to/from work as usual. Then I took my 2 girls (daughters, not cars) to the weekly A&W cruise-in and then a nice drive.

After the girls were in bed, I washed the 72. I cut my finger on the beauty ring really deep and had to get a couple stitches. Luckily, the wheel I was washing was the last part I washed on the car. As a true car guy, I managed to rinse off the wheel before dealling with my finger. I got home from the hospital at 10:50. I told my wife it was all worth it to be able to drive a clean car tomorrow, LOL.

I finally got the fan to blow on high on the AC with a new 30 amp inline fuse and got the new idle stop solenoid installed and it stays on all the time. Must be wired to a switched circuit but not the AC circuit.

Waiting on my new Grill Emblem today so I can install it.

I put my stock hood on last nite and then couldn't open it back up. Worked on it today trying to get it to open. I bought a Taiwan made Hood latching mechanism From National Parts Depot. I would get the hood to unlatch but when I would tighten up the bolts for the spring loaded deal on the hood. It would bind and not unlock. After a few choice words at the car, I finally took a 24 oz ballpeen hammer to the deal on the hood and now it works. I can open it. devilyay

Went cruising around our neighbor hood with my grandson. He's 2-3/4 years old. Great morning!

Bruce

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is better.. 253505_2037686018399_1131707794_2364523_