What did you do to your Monte today?

Been going to a few of the cruise nights since I get the trans back in her. First one is a very well known cruise night back in the mid 70'2 thru the 80's closed down by the pd due to the punks street racing...well it is up and running and a ot of the oldtimers(on man I am included in that and only 46) had a guy offer to buy my car....went to an new one last night at the tilted kilt and low and behold 2 other monte's both 71's one a triple black SS his aunt was the original owner( he should be joining the club soon) and a red one the guy has owned it since 79...we are starting to become more popular...

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to the guys on the forum here, over the past couple weeks I got my AC/heat control operating properly...tore the dash apart, fixed the electrical problem and solved all the vacuum issues. Everything is now routed properly and the air is coming from where it should be.

Upgraded the exhaust to a 3" flowmaster with super 44's. It sounded great over the phone. I gotta love that the boys over at S P Classics not only do sweet work, they also tuck it away safely back in the garage after they deliver it. I can't wait to hear it in person.

Guest knightfan2691

Not a thing.........

frown

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic | * CruiseNites_2011_Chi.IL *

MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Why can't that be me?" __ 3 Doors Down __ 'If I Could Be Like That'

I took the Red Baron out to a small cruise. The weatherman was saying rain by late afternoon so I got busy on other around the house projects. As the day wore on it got nicer out so I decided to take a ride over. Only about 40 cars but why miss a chance to see brand new Camaros and even 2 Cadillac XLR's! lol

Finally installed my sub woofer in the trunk - 100 watt self powered 10' Bazooka. This pretty much completes the sound system in the Monte.

cool I guess I'll eventually get to see it. wink

Originally Posted By: Chevyss
I kissed it.

Where? lol

I'll pass not even going to comment on that rofl

Sat. I had a flat tire at the show I host. We do a cruise first then a show it was fine on the cruise and pulled into the park and the tire just went flat so it sat there at the show with a flat tire. sent another guy up to my house to get my jack after the show and put the spare on, all I had with me was the bumper jack and dont trust them especilly on the grass. So now I have 3 chrome wheels and raised white letter tires and 1 black wheel with a whitewall tire. Dropped it off this morning hopefully they can fix it. the show went just fine and we raised over 2 grand for the make a wish foundation. the day was in no way a loss what a great group of people we had.

I've been breaking in the 502 with an AED 750 dp because my Holley 850 dp would not idle consistently and would spudder when I cruise part throttle. The 750 runs absolutely fantastic, but its just not big enough.

After inspecting the 850 (for the third time), I finally found why it would idle inconsistently and surge randomly. I held it up to the light and discovered the secondary throttle blades were not closing all the way - they were cracked open slightly, and it was not allowing the primary air/fuels to function properly. I adjusted them so they close completely and slapped it on last night. Runs good - no surging! Still have some accelerator pump tweaking and tuning to do, but I'm hoping I have the cfms I need until I can afford a Pro Systems carb.

Absolutely nothing. On a business trip in boulder co having a beer right now. Off to san jose ca tomorrow. Maybe I can get some work done on my monte when I get back.

Nothing.....I'm done...I'm done spending money to go faster...I'm easily in the 11's now and with 3.31 gears I could drive the car to Florida if I wanted tomorrow. To go racing once a year it's just not worth it. It's going to be a tight race with Al, but win or lose, I'm going to enjoy my car and do some of the other cosmetic things that I want to get too.

Steve

Steve, you're coming to Florida tomorrow? A little short notice, but thats ok......bring your paint equipment.

Did your wife find the folder of receipts by chance?

Very nice, Abe!

Amazing what a difference a little elbow grease and a few new parts can make. The best part is that the results will continue to contribute to your enjoyment of your Monte.