What did you do to your Monte today?

Well I had some extra time today and decided to remove the rear window and mark out where i was gonna remove the roof at, well let me tell you I got my work cut out for me.I can see why there was so much cancer in the rear . The previous owner figured he could just caulk around the window and it would be fine. sure it would! NOT...... I might just have to remove the whole roof at the pillars to the sail panels and go from there.I picked a bad week to stop drinking. LOL sorry I don't know how to post pics yet but took alot. any advice?

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I finally got it started today. Strangely, it took a while.

My first thought was that the Monte was jealous of the Park Avenue since I'd polished the PA's wheels today in full view of the Monte. In the end, however, I'd just flooded it. No emotional distress. No counselor needed. wink

Took a cruise up to Oyster Bay. On the way I saw Steve's old 71 Blue Monte with the shaved door handles. Met Bill, the new owner. Car looked sweet. We cruised together on the Parkway for awhile. Nice cool air on the way home so the car ran niiiiiiiice.

Originally Posted By: Slaman
Told it I was sorry for not getting work done on it this week. To many other things getting in the way...

Dont ya hate it when life gets in the way of working on your Monte

Yes I do. It was the typical: yard work, daughter starting school, other daughters truck keeps breaking down (think I finally figured that out, Cat got plugged), called in for over time etc... You know, Life... lol...

I rebuilt 3 door hinges, my rebuild kit shorted me 2 bushings... Sanded some filler on the passenger door, and started assessing the rust on the drivers side door front inside corner.

Steve

Took a nice ride to a Weekly Cruise in the next county with Steve and Bill yesterday evening. We met up with Al and Dom too. Our Monte's drew a lot of attention. It was a beautiful night for a drive and to see some of the boys. I think we all needed some "Monte Therapy" after Hurricane Irene.

Guest knightfan2691

Nothing today.

BUT ... last weekend ... I drove ALL 5 of my MCs over 100 miles EACH. smile

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic | * CruiseNites_2011_Chi.IL *

MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I love to hear the steel belts hummin' on the asphalt" __ Steve Earle __ 'Guitar Town'

Nothing today.

BUT ... last weekend ... I drove ALL 5 of my MCs over 100 miles EACH. smile

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic | * CruiseNites_2011_Chi.IL *

MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I love to hear the steel belts hummin' on the asphalt" __ Steve Earle __ 'Guitar Town'

Too Cool Cort! I still need to take mine for a spin in AR, it is home but still in the trailer...

put thermasleeve on the fuel lines in the first step to prevent vaporlock. Popped the 1.5" ebay spacers in the rear and also put in a new washer pump. Just need to get new hoses tomorrow at either the hardware store or autozone.

-Mark

Took my wife out to dinner in the Monte last night, we met up with another member RichG and his wife Alison, great food, great company, and got to drive the Monte to top it off cool

Now Im sure its covered in bugs, but it was worth it lol I have a Labor Day show I usually go to on Monday, Im keeping an eye on the weather for that one, Its one thing if Im out and get caught in the rain, its another to actually leave the house in it while its raining crazy

Took the Monte to a car show yesterday, placed in the top 25 cars, and got a trophy. That's the second show and second trophy. I didn't even have time to really detail the car. This car gets a lot of attention on the road and at the shows. People just stop what there doing and watch it go by, give thumbs up, run off the road, etc. Seems like everyone has a story to tell at the shows about when they owned one or someone they new owned one.

I assisted Steve (Monteman1971) with some work on my Monte. We installed a quick ratio steering box, new front brakes, and linelock. I wiped it down last night for today's morning cruise to the weekly Sunday OBI Cruise. I saw Steve and Wayne this morning and had coffee with the boys, (whoever is there) as we attend this cruise on a weekly basis. Now my Monte handles much better, stops very well, and lays down lots of rubber when needed.

Seems like everyone has a story to tell at the shows about when they owned one or someone they new owned one.

Soooo true! I know anyone and everyone who brothers girlfriends dads cousin owned a first gen monte. And they always guess the year by saying the one that they knew lol. I don't mind the attention tho!

Any pics from the show? Specifically ur car?

-Mark