What did you do to your Monte today?

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been working steadily for the last few weeks on the SS and I finally got the quarters and the drivers door ready for primer and I shot it Sat morning. Those were the last panels to do bodywork on. At this pace, I may be spraying it in Oct., but I'm not sure which year. crazy I'm gonna put the seats back in and drive it a little before winter. I've not had it out since last fall. I didn't touch it today. Instead, I spent about 16 hrs on a backhoe. I'd much rather have been working on my car.

Dan

not today, but labor day, started to install my new door panels. Got the rears in, front are ready, just waiting for the chrome backing plate from ebay. I also installed new outer window felts (inners came on panels). And also dremeled/smoothed off my sticking door handle button rod. Now sooo smooth.

-Mark

Nice progress..Mark Soon enough we'll tag-up, I cant wait to see your progress in person. Where in S.D. do you reside, I used to live in La Mesa and worked in a Shell station at the Grossmont Shopping Center,,,course this used to be back in the late seventies. wink

Got in a poker game and won enough to buy one of these,

EatonPosi.jpg

and a set of these.

rmg-4900411_w.jpg

I need to get me some of them but im no good at poker eather. Have other things on the list before that though so ill still be a one wheel squeel for a while longer. But glad you got yours.

yayyayyay

Finally pulled it out of the trailer and DROVE it!!! I put it in the trailer back in June when we moved and there it sat. Plan to drive it some more today, and maybe drive it to work tomorrow grin

Spent all weekend chasing down why my tailights/dashlights are out. Did all of the obvious. Headlight switch, grounds ect. Did find a broken wire on my circut board. Used this as an excuse to order a in-dash tach upgrade that includes new circut board. Not totaly sure this is it but I am buttuning it up before I drive it off of a cliff. I know I am the only one who has ever felt this way lol. David

Well I have my $155 part order come in this afternoon so those parts got installed. In my order was a new console top plate and shifter plate along with some parts for my stock fan shroud that I put back on the car for a stock look. Here is the old top plate console001.jpg and the new top plate console002.jpg with the stock shroud back in place th_console004.jpg

Guest knightfan2691
Originally Posted By: knightfan2691
Nothing today.

BUT ... last weekend ... I drove ALL 5 of my MCs over 100 miles EACH. smile

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic | * CruiseNites_2011_Chi.IL *

MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I love to hear the steel belts hummin' on the asphalt" __ Steve Earle __ 'Guitar Town'

Too Cool Cort! I still need to take mine for a spin in AR, it is home but still in the trailer...

*grins*

Originally Posted By: Ian
Finally pulled it out of the trailer and DROVE it!!! I put it in the trailer back in June when we moved and there it sat. Plan to drive it some more today, and maybe drive it to work tomorrow grin

WOO HOO!!!! Hope you drove it to work, too.

I'm afraid my "car driving season" may be shortened due to the pending surgery. Ugh.

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic |

MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"You really think you're in control?" __ Gnarls Barkley __ 'Crazy'

Lets see where to start yesterday the EFI system came off and a Q-jet went back on in it's place. Today a much quieter fuel pump went on and with a turn of the key she came back to life little rough idling but it ran. Tomorrow some more tweaking throw the bumpers back on and maybe make a local cruise so people can flock over and look at the hood lol