What did you do to your Monte today?

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took it out all day with the kids,park,farm,lunch,etc... Filled it up, added Sta-bil. Im hoping to still have some drive time left on it, but just in case.

I did find a cool photo op.when I had the kids at a park,I looked back at the car and thought it looked cool. I was trying to get the flag flying straight out, it was a pretty large flag but I couldnt get it in the pic if I was parked closer.

15417204_large.jpg

I finished installing all my new junk. Hotchkis boxed lower adjustable upper trailing arms, 1" lowering springs w/air bags, Eaton 3 series posi carrier, 4.10 richmond gear set, KYB gas adjust shocks. Everything seems to work OK. Sorry about the pics. Didn't have enough energy for it. That's way too much work for a fat truck driver. I'm hoping Santa stops by again next month with a rotating assembly.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought some spindles off ebay that are for a 1975 Chevelle in preparation for doing the tall spindle conversion.

Last week, bought POR-15 and necessary prep stuff for the frame, as well as body mount bushings and hardware. Got a poly bushing kit from NPD to use, and got a rubber bushing kit because it came with the steel sleeves I needed and I didn't want to wait on OPG to get them to me on time. The bushings were ordered Wednesday and arrived on Thursday evening!

I finally got the motor and tranny back in my 72. It sure does look good all freshly painted and the engine compartment all detailed and painted. Pix coming if I can remember to take them. I take the camera to the garage and then forget to use it. Must be having some of those brain fart moments and the are happening more often than I want.

• 3 weeks later...

I took all this stuff off my Monte.

003-2.jpg

Looks like this now.

002-1.jpg

001-1.jpg

Over the next couple days gonna bolt all this junk on. 004-1.jpg

New cam and lifters, springs, intake and carb, torque converter, shift kit, and if I have enough energy, some new clutches and steels and seal up the tranny. At least seal that leaking pig up. This is where my car lives, 005-2.jpg so I need to catch a breah with the weather. I'm just glad i got a couple weeks off so I can do something to it.

I've been working on the cars the past few days since I'm off work between Christmas and New Years.

70 Monte:

I put on all new wheel well trim on the 70 Monte and installed a new battery tray since the old one was Swiss cheese.

I pulled off the door panels from the 70 to replace the chrome backing plates for the armrest with the new ones I got. Of course, now that the door panels are off, I'll give them a good cleaning before putting them back in. I'll wait for warmer weather for that.

72 Monte:

The wheel well trim I took off the 70 went on the 72 since it was in better shape. Pretty cool that a set of parts for one car made both cars look better than before.

I pulled the door panels of of the 72 to clean those also. I may also install the old chrome plates from the 70 as the ones in the 72 are cracking. I also pulled the driver's side quarter window to fix a guide wheel.

Guest knightfan2691

I looked at it.

I took the check out to the guy who owns the garage/heated "barn" where my MCs are stored and couldn't resist going in to "check on them".... LOL

*sighs*

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 5 MCs + 1 Caprice Classic

CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Now, how do you feel?" __ Dido __ 'Don't Think Of Me'

Took some of them for a mid winter walk. LOL

IMG_8015.jpg

IMG_8014.jpg

That is cool...not a hint of snow on the montes while they are surrounded by it...great pics