What did you do to your Monte today?

Hi Bruce, that would be very nostalgic but I understand your concern re. the construction.

I'm considering taking a photo of mine this weekend if the weather permits. I'll drive it to General Motors H.O. in Oshawa and take a photo of it in front of their building. I thought that would be neat to do before I store it away this Sunday.

Cheers,

Larry

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took the 72 (summer daily driver) off the road today. I'll be driving the Civic to work the next 4 or 5 months. cry

I still have the 70 to drive on nice days on weekends.

Put the twins car seats in the back, Alaina's booster seat up front, Alli in the middle, and we all took a nice long ride! (Nice to have room for 5!) We went out to lunch, Lowe's, and just a general cruise, I was looking for a nice pic for the photo challenge game, but nothing really period correct for the challenge, although we ate at a crappy diner, diner was from way back, but it was moved here recently. The food and service was so bad it didnt even warrant me taking a pic of the Monte out front lol

Finally got a day for MEEEEEE!!!!! I put the rear in. I had my son put some pics up for you guys.

I hope i can start the front end next week.

MonteCarloCustom158.jpg

MonteCarloCustom157.jpg

MonteCarloCustom156.jpg

MonteCarloCustom155.jpg

MonteCarloCustom159.jpg

Used the '70 SS to run errands this afternoon - gorgeous day - sunny and 62 degrees - rain moves in tomorrow.

Sold our Wichita home in five days - need to get the Monte in storage asap so the garage is available for packing and moving activities. Never stored a car over winter before - planning extra anti-freeze, stabil in gas tank, disconnect battery, and jackstands under frame - appreciate any other words of wisdom.

Sunday we took a nice long ride and snapped a few pictures of it. Didn't drive by any covered bridges but did find a nice old church.

Bruce

Pictures last ride for 2011

I finished waxing mine and detailing it and will be putting it away for the winter in the very near future. I still have many things to do around here before the snow flies so I need to get the lead out. LOL

I did order a few goodies for mine today....a trunk seal for one thing. smile

pulled my rear control arms out, knocked the bushings out of them , wire wheeled them and repainted them semi flat black. pulled the shocks and gas tank, undercoated from the control arm mounts back and then last but not least installed the new bushings in the control arms.

Just finished purchasing parts to install this winter into spring.

I bought Dan's solid billet trailer arms and then purchased the double adjustable QA1 shocks for the rear. Now I have QA1 double adjustables on all four corners. Boy I hope these things last a good long time. - Dave

I put mine in storage yesterday in a dry barn with cement floor. First, I topped it up with gasoline and gas stabilizer, fogged the engine with a fogging spray, installed the intake vent screens (a good fit and will help keep mice out), pulled the battery, placed some mothballs in strategic places, and covered it in a nice new cover.

Now all I need is Spring. Come on Spring! smile

It was sunny and 50 degrees yesterday so I took it out and drove it. Put about 20 miles on it. They will be spreading the salt and brine soon so it will be going into a car bag in the garage as soon as that happens.

Super nice day in Michigan today, Friday, so I took a short drive then cleaned out the garage and backed the Monte in for the Winter. As a side note, I put gas in my 1967 Sears 7HP single stage snow blower, closed the choke, pulled ONE TIME and that old sucker fired right up! Good times.

Bruce

I put the gas tank back in the Monte today and fired it up. Boy, I wish spring was around the corner. There where allot of old Muscle car rolling around town to today. What a beautiful day.

picked up some free parts

upper and lower control arms

small solid front sway bar

set of drum brake spindles and hubs to use for big brake conversion(13" c4)

master cylinder and vacuum booster w/inline valves

brake pedal and pedal/steering column mount

manual steering box off 64 Chevelle (thrown in not going to use)