What did you do to your Monte today?

Guest knightfan2691

Nothing today, but tomorrow (Saturday) and Sunday, I intend to DRIVE them ... and hopefully find someone to detail 'em.....

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic

CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.models.RadioShows.legos.HO.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Someday you will find me" __ Oasis __ 'Champaign Supernova'

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put the new Moog CC501 springs in hoping they would lift the rear a little more so the tire would stop rubbing when we put the whole family in the car. It did not raise it any frown may have to put some air shocks in it...

Put the new Moog CC501 springs in hoping they would lift the rear a little more so the tire would stop rubbing when we put the whole family in the car. It did not raise it any frown may have to put some air shocks in it...

I went with El-Camino springs in the rear and it lifted it enough for me to pack the family in and never rub at all.

Ian, I would go for the air bags that go inside the springs. I have those and they work great. Puts the weight on the spring mount where it's designed for it rather than the shock mount. Besides air shocks are so 70's lol (yes I had them back in the day). David

My problem is that when I went to disc brakes on the rear it moved the wheel out about a 1/4" on each side and now they are real close to the fender lip. I may just cut the lip a little and the new springs will be just fine....

The whole family piled in and went out to dinner tonight yay

It was nice to get it out for a ride anyway,I went out for about 1 1/2 hours alone earlier today and fueled up and just went for a cruise. There was a couple of shows locally,but I didnt hit either of them, just wanted to drive grin I did however drive past an all Olds show, got lots of thumbs up there, The Olds crew has a bit of a mentality like the Monte owners, daring to be different cool

We went to are last car show for the year,yesterday. Went the long way home after the show to burn off the full tank of gas I put into it that morning. Well this morning pumped out the 3/4 of a tank from the '70 and transfered it to the '06 Monte. Nice full tank now in the wifes car.

Well, I finally got the bugs washed off of it from the trip last weekend...much better. Cleaned it all up and covered it, hopefully not for the last time of the season. I also discovered I have a ball joint that needs replaced. I think that's what the clinking noise and jarring sensation was that I/we were trying to figure out a couple months back.

Went to a car show in New Castle IN today. 114 cars and a great time had by all. No trophy,s but did to expect get any. When I get the car repainted my expectations will rise.

Cut out spot welds on window to trunk filler panel. Removed bondo from old repairs in top of quarter panel near trunk lid.did inventory on replacement panels needed.

Went to a car show in New Castle IN today. 114 cars and a great time had by all. No trophy,s but did to expect get any. When I get the car repainted my expectations will rise.

Same on this end with a repaint on my monte. Another year to wait. cry

I changed the ownership of my 71 SS in to my name today and that was the sweetest part of my day. The bitter part of my day? Well let's put it this way....I will expect a thank you in the mail soon from our government for the huge amount of sales tax I had to pay...13% on appraised value here in good old Ontario. frown

I also ordered some Moog cargo coils and fresh insulators today to give her a little better stance and I pick them up tomorrow. My new headlight knob should be here any day now as well. I still can't believe she is sitting in my garage. smile

I picked up my new coil springs and insulators today and put my new license plates on the old girl. I also pulled the car outside and snapped a few quick photos which I will upload with an intro tomorrow sometime. I hope to put the new coils on soon but this working for a living keeps getting in the way of me working on my car. I haven't even polished it yet. smile

I like to get out on Sundays for a bit of a drive-as others around here have had to deal with,the searing heat followed by a nonstop wet September put a drag on things-BUT then came October- on 10/2 took my girl out with me for an afternoon and had a great time-beautiful day,sun dancing thru the trees, car purring, great tunes,nothing but gleaming Monte hood ahead of the windscreen-total bliss!! Then,last two Sundays-out alone-and a great time ,but to expand on Tony's thought-for me taking my girl with me is great but running alone can also be great-man music and machine-the tunes are louder,cigar smoke a bit thicker,right foot a little heavier...ah what a joy to own a first-gen Monte...seven years now,and it just doesn't get old...and yes sometimes its nice to forego stopping at an event when just driving is the order of the day!

Finally,as its been a while, I got out there and waxed her up on tuesday-going to one of the last local cruise-in/shows this Sunday-will be seeing some of the folks that were at the 9/11 tribute show at the American Legion(that was moving-American pride in the parking lot and at the podium).

So,about the waxing,I always start at one fender and work my way around-and end with the hood-I'm thinking,damn this thing is huge-when does it end!-being like most machines owned by men, she's a woman-and i figure if exhaust pipes could talk and not just sing,it might go like "Well Brian you didnt seem to mind my hood last Sunday when we were driving,so just deal with it,and keep polishing!!"

Its alot of fun and I hope to get a few more runs before the weather shuts us down!! "Happy Monteying to all" Brian

Brian, it's great how we so enjoy our Montes isn't it. Sounds like you are really enjoying yours. No matter what else, all is right in the world when our Montes are shining and purring like kittens.

I'm in Canada so right now, our machines being she's, mine would steal the covers off me in a second because she's chilly. smile

I had mine appraised tonight and was very pleased with the thorough and professional job the guy did and at a very reasonable price.

I found out how to post pics to the site I think and will try to have them up this weekend. I tried today and it didn't work out so well because I thought you could just attach them like attaching them to an email. Apparently, you upload a URL and go from there. I understand why....the server issue.

After putting a new battery in my truck this morning, I took the Monte for a ride. For a couple weeks, I've intended to snap some pics trying to get a little taste of Kentucky autumn color in with the car. I think I waited too long, but here are some of them:

P1010001_003.JPG

P1010002_001.JPG

P1010004_001.JPG

P1010005.JPG

P1010009.JPG

Got a new battery for my girl. My Optima yellow top finally quit taking a charge. Had to get a jump start after getting gas last weekend after running the snot out of her. Didn't get another Optima though this time. Price is way to high relative to the use she gets. When I first bought my Optima, it was $150.00. Now they want $230.00-$245.00.

Decided to go with an AC Delco 78DT6YR. Price was $140.00 and is rated at 1000 CA / 800 CCA and 115 minutes reserve. For anyone interested, it's a perfect fit. - Dave