What did you do to your Monte today?

I participate regularly in various motorcycle/car forums and this thread is usually a fun one. It gives us a lot of ideas of what each of us does from one day to another on our bikes and cars and also gives us ideas of what to do to our own Montes... (Monties???)

Please post here if you drove it to work, took the dust cover off it & washed it, took the engine out, pumped up the tires, turned on the lights & looked at it... etc etc, you get the idea. Nothing is too trivial to post here... Anything goes except NSFW items...

So??

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today,

UPS just dropped off my new spark plugs from Summit, I just gotta size em and cut em. I also got new air cleaner (FreFlo) and KYB GR2's.

I should have the Monte back from the tranny shop sometime next week.

-Mark

I did a little of everything, took her out, filled the tires with air, bathed her, vacuumed her, took her for a long ride to "Bob's Big Boy", then tucked her into bed again. Fun day!

Since all the rain finally subsided, I took the Monte out to a car show. The trip also was the test drive after putting my new QA1 double adjustable coil overs in the front.

Final analysis,

the QA1s are incredible. So glad I finally pulled the trigger on that purchase.

The car show was cool as well. 125 cars and great weather. I had the fortune of parking next to a restored 67' BBC Chevelle SS(one of my all time favorite cars). I had seen the car before and she is gorgeous. 396, 4 speed, red interior, black(mirror like paint), red line tires, and the list goes on. As icing on the cake, I pulled a top ten. - Dave

Unfortunately I did nothing with my Monte on Saturday, although I did glance over at it as I backed my truck out of the garage...I couldn't really see it as it is under a cover. I did go to a Monte Mini Meet in honor of it later that day but was too lazy to get it ready to bring it along... crazy

Shoved some boxes under it today in the garage eek

With the not so good weather we have had it hasnt been out much this year, maybe today Ill get it out for a ride, its supposed to be a decent day today

I may have been one of the busiest on my MC. Disassembled the upper and lower arms, removed bushing and ball joints. Because I have a MC that had a 350 originally and I am putting a 454, I have to figure out if my coils are the right ones for a 454. It has a 396 in it now but not sure if the coils were upgraded.

Well, I walked around both of them several times as I was painting the exterior trim of the garage.

Today, I'm going to drop the 70 off with my mechanic to get some front end work done (bushings, rotors, etc).

Drove it to Seneca for a Cruise IN after a quick detail. And no more off brand 93 octane in my factory production 1970 high compression 350. frown

Drove it, after filling the gas tank, 50 miles before it starts raining for the next three days.

Bruce

Finished up the exhaust work. Changed the oil and oil filter.

Pulled her out of the garage and parked it in the front yard for a bit to clean out the garage. Took it for a ride round the block then put it back in the garage. frown

First test drive around the block with th new distributorless ignition system...! Seems to work great and I can change ignition curves by plugging in my laptop now....grin

See details here

http://www.firstgenmc.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=311549#Post311549

Looked at it setting in the garage and thinking to myself how close I am to having it back on the road. Yesterday I got the other inner fender well installed on the drivers side.

David

I missed my weekly Sunday ride to Captree / OBI to meet "the boys for coffee" this morning due to my daughter's Lacrosse game. I did meet up with Steve Levanti later and we went to local annual "car show" and had a good time. I installed my new FGMCC Radiator Cover earlier this week, and it was a big hit at the show.