What did you do to your Monte today?

After weeks of it facing the wrong way we turned it around and it wasn't by hand either it went on its own power. After is was put back in the garage it watch it's new hood get work on. I honestly can't wait to see the hood bolt on the hood hinges and see if it will stay up or will a hood prop have to be used.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since all the rain finally subsided, I took the Monte out to a car show ... As icing on the cake, I pulled a top ten. - Dave

Congratulations on placing in the top ten awards at your car show, Dave!

I am not surprised. You have one of the most appealing and authoratative looking Montes I've ever seen!

I took my '70 to local car show, also - probably my last until I return to Florida in late fall.

Although, it was poorly attended in general, there were two other FGMCC members there also: Karl with his black '72 and Ron and Jo Kisner with their forest green '70. Unfortunately, it was 90 degrees, full sun and almost no breeze - and quite humid, as usual. None of us placed as most of the awards went to the few high-dollar show cars that always show up here, but it was good to see the other entries and visit with the other owners.

Here's a couple pics to "prove it happened". smile

The show was hosted by Muscle Car City as seen in the background.

P5210379.jpg

Ron and Jo Kisner's forest green '70 is almost completely stock.

P5210378.jpg

You can almost feel the heat! Ron & Jo had shaded chairs - Karl (back to camera) and I braved the sun.

P5210381.jpg

I walked around it a couple times while working on my daily driver and noticed the glove box light was on... which I found odd since the battery was unhooked... confused Found the "-" post was in contact with the fender... had me wondering there for a minute or two... smile

well last week i dropped a 454 in my 72 and on wednesday i was showing off and i threw a pushrod through the rocker (yes i over revved it )and on friday i took her down to the block to see if there was any other damage AND I WAS LUCKY and found just the cam nicked so now it is sitting waiting for parts (new cam, lifters, push rods,and a valve job with new roller rockers and springs and caps). Y29udGVudDovL21lZGlhL2V4dGVybmFsL2ltYWdl

i did some research and found out i have 353049 heads which are the biggest and best heads chevy made (at least that is what im told )with 122cc and the intake/exhaust runners are 255/119

i have never driven a car with this kind of power before and i am grinning ear to ear

I'll just sum up my whole weekend with when I got a chance I installed my custom dash, new gauges, stereo and 4 speakers. Still have to finish some of the dash and install the oil pressure and speedometer sending units. Hopefully tonight I'll get to work some more on it. No big hurry as the weather this week looks wet...just like the last 4 months.

Pictures will be coming soon!

Cleaned up the garage around it now I have to build a shed so I can use the garage to finish disassembly. i'm bound and determined to get the body off the frame by the fall. Lots of housework to do first and I thought I would get a break after moving.

I thought I would get a break after moving.

LOL that's what I thought too after I bought my house a few months ago... I'm working on finishing up the wiring updates for my lights and air compressor in the garage now.

so KYB is changing the color of their GR2's from white to black to look more OE... truthfully i don't care if its black or white. But when i get white fronts, and black backs I care that they don't match. Summit is sending me the matching set along with a return UPS label :-D

A+ for summit customer service, thanks guys!

Yesterday it was a trip to the bakery for some nice Italian cookies...YUM! grin today it was a soccer practice, tomorrow maybe to work...the weather has been nice the past few days so I'm takin' advantage!!Can't wait to put $4.11 a gallon gas in again!!!

Got the battery tested today - 376 cca on a 800 cca battery. No wonder I have slow or no cranking power! I thought the battery was fairly new....checked the log book and its from 2005. Time flies!

Seeing some of the daily adventures makes me want to drive mine more, just wish I wasnt so nuts about keeping it spotless. I didnt build a show car, but somehow ended up with one eek Maybe Ill run mine to work tomorrow, but there is a chance of rain eekgrin

Tony I know how you feel.. Mine has not been out in quite a while, and it is far from a "show" car...