What did you do to your Monte today?

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pulled out a bunch of the interior in my 70 Monte tonight. The door panels and rear side panels need a really good cleaning so I got it all out ready to clean tomorrow.

For some reason, my door panels on the 70 get a greasy film that is nearly impossible to get off. The dirt sticks to it and makes the panels look very dirty. I think it's oils coming out of the vinyl. I do not have this issue with any other materials in the car, just the side panels. It's frustrating keeping them clean.

Well today I put the pulley, belts, fan shourd and the clutch fan back on. Got to cut the upper radiotor hose as it's a little long. Tomorrow maybe turn the motor over and getting the dist fully install. Motor is about week or week an half from being fired up with the new cam.

I loaded the 3 kids up in it early this morning, took them to Barnes&Noble, (they love books) a couple other stores,the park, met Alli for lunch at her work, then back home. Planning on using it all day tomorrow too, its too nice out this weekend to leave it covered up! I keep saying this is the year I drive and enjoy it more, we shall see lol

On a side note, getting 3 kids in and out of that thing, taking shoes on and off due to the color of the interior, parking 12 miles from anywhere, sweating it out in the car because it was "TOO WINDY" in the back with the windows all the way down, and it was still all worth it!

Got my 70 interior panels cleaned up. It was such a nice day (Sunny and 24C/75F) that The panels were dry after lunch. Got the interior all reinstalled and put on my new chrome arm rest bases. I sill had time to take my 5 year old out for a drive in the 70 before coming home to make hommade pizza. What a great day!

Supposed to be even nicer tomorrow with higher temp. smile

Son in-law came over and we spent the better part of 7 hours installing the aftermarket Cruise I purchased 3 months ago. It works good and we both are very happy with the results. It worked as it should on the first try. Jamie is very meticulous about everything he does and I keep getting in a hurry. We compliment each other perfectly. Thanks to Andreas for his leading me to this aftermarket cruise. Tomorrow it foes to the trim shop to have the headliner re-stretched and the new new 3 point seat belts installed.

Got the dist fully seated today, got the upper radiator hose installed and looking good. I also took my donor cluster apart cleaned it up and got it ready for the new cluster. I removed my old auto meter gauge set as I won't be using them with the new cluster.

Quote:

Not exactly my Monte but I finally put the "The First Generation Monte Carlo Club" huge decal on my enclosed trailer. I bought it two years ago at the Eastern Meet, I got to admit it is a quality decal and looks great cool

Quote:

Not exactly my Monte but I finally put the "The First Generation Monte Carlo Club" huge decal on my enclosed trailer. I bought it two years ago at the Eastern Meet, I got to admit it is a quality decal and looks great cool

What? No picture? Shame.

Yesterday the headliner got re stretched and the Morris Concepts 3 point seat belts installed. The trim guy told me after stretching they cut off an inch all the way around. It looks better than new now. Next project is the A/C

Not really "What did you do to your Monte Today" but on the Chevelle I was finally well enough to pull it out of the garage for the first time this year and really see what the Centerlines look like on it from a distance instead of in the garage..

Darren.

2012_0516chevelle0008.jpg

2012_0516chevelle0005-1.jpg

2012_0516chevelle0007.jpg

2012_0516chevelle0009.jpg

Quote:

You know the rule Bill no pictures didnt happen smile

Took it to a show!

301884_434893819856630_100000080460921_1

Yo, Kenny, looks like you are back in Florida! Just visiting or on summer break from school in NY? Welcome back to the forums. What's next for the Monte?

Originally Posted By: LuckyKenny
Took it to a show!

301884_434893819856630_100000080460921_1

Yo, Kenny, looks like you are back in Florida! Just visiting or on summer break from school in NY? Welcome back to the forums. What's next for the Monte?

I'm down for a a long summer visit, I don't even have tickets back yet haha!

Are you in town? Dale and I were thinking about going to the muscle car city show on Saturday

Are you in town? Dale and I were thinking about going to the muscle car city show on Saturday

No, Kenny, I'm at our new lake home in Minnesota for the summer. I saw the email notice on the show tomorrow at Muscle Car City. Hope you and Dale can make it. If it's too hot and humid to sit outside, you can alway check out the indoor museum - it's cool in more ways than one! Enjoy your Monte and your summer visit to Florida!