What did you do to your Monte today?

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: amsterdam84
I finally got the tranny lines fixed so hopefully no more leaks. Next step is the power steering pump. And coolant leak. And leaky valve covers....ugh.

Holy crap Mike thats a lot of leaks good luck getting them fixed

Yeah I got my work cut out for me. While I was in Carlisle I bought a new power steering pump which should fix that leak and new aluminim valve covers which will allow me to get rid of my crappy chrome leakalots. Just need to get some new rad hoses. The old ones are swollen and don't seal well on the chrome water neck.I just don't like the look of the stock one.

Holy triple post!

Yes your becoming a POST HORE kicking

Hope you get the LEAKIES fixed nothing worse then finding new puddles under the car each time you pull away.

Only thing worse would be finding them as you get out of bed lol

Oh and I have a chrome neck not put on mine yet so I think I'll wait till I get the new hoses etc. But I still have the old valve covers on mine thanks for the heads up too on buying the chrome cheap o ones that Crappy tire sells. I will wait to get a better fitting and LEAK FREE set.

Scott

Took a nice ride with my son to the gun range, then out on some back roads. Did not ever get on the highway.

Well, I took the new AC Delco battery out of the Monte and put it in the Impala. Then I took the Delco Energizer that I was saving for the El Camino and decided it was time to use it or risk losing it from being stored for so long. It's dry but didn't want to risk it any longer. Charged it up with almost a whole box of electrolyte, 6 amp charged it overnight, and dropped her in today.

And then finally,... took here out for and extended spin. She was wanting to run so I pushed her hard in this beatiful 70 degree and dry weather. Below is a pic of the setup. - Dave

IMG00492-20120602-1154.jpg

Well today the Monte got moved outside for a wash and the resonator mufflers are both on along with the tips. tips011.jpg Took awhile but we got both tips where they sit 3 9/16" out from the farther point on the rear bumper tips010.jpg

Replaced a couple leaking o rings on some fuel injectors and put the tpi system back together. Then got it fired up and let it run for a few minutes. It's nice to have it back in the land of the living.

Well took the Chevelle out to a Show n Shine and snapped a picture before we all went all included were,Vaughn,Roy,Keith,Pat,Liam and myself plus the Mrs's...

Darren.

2012_0609chevelle0002.jpg

Darren, your Chevelle is beautiful. 2beers Did you get any pics of all the cars together?

I built an engine run stand and this evening I finished the complete rebuild on my 461. Installed a Comp hyd roller cam and MSD ignition, along with rings, bearings, etc. It fired off first try, as soon as I hit the switch, sounded great and has great oil pressure. I don't have a radiator connected, so I only ran it about 10 seconds.

Dan

Darren, your Chevelle is beautiful. 2beers Did you get any pics of all the cars together?

I built an engine run stand and this evening I finished the complete rebuild on my 461. Installed a Comp hyd roller cam and MSD ignition, along with rings, bearings, etc. It fired off first try, as soon as I hit the switch, sounded great and has great oil pressure. I don't have a radiator connected, so I only ran it about 10 seconds.

Dan

Thanks Dan, I didnt get shots of all of us together but here is a bunch of random shots that I got...

Vaughn and Kathie got some real good ones hopefully they post them....

Darren.

2012_0609chevelle0006.jpg

2012_0609chevelle0007.jpg

2012_0609chevelle0005.jpg

2012_0609chevelle0004.jpg

2012_0609chevelle0010.jpg

My son in-law came over today and we started working on the wiring for the AC. He found one wire by the AC box on the fire wall and traced it to behind the power brake booster. Lo and behold there were all of the wires for the AC compressor and thermal limiter switch. Now all I need is my custom made bracket for the rear of the compressor. The factory bracket gores from the second to the third bolt on the exhaust manifold. Well the headers presented a problem because the 2nd bolt is behind the header tube. So a good friend and fabricator is making a bracket to bridge from the 1st bolt to the 3rd one. Thanks for the wiring diagram Mike it sure helped. I may actually have AC by the middle of July.

Put on lower body moldings/rocker panels, wheel moldings, trunk lock/bezel, rear-bumper, hood-cowl seal, marker lights! Hitting it at 0900 in the AM, he is almost finished :-)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replaced Eddey Carb with new Eddy 1406 Carb. Throttle Return Spring interfered with chock linkage, replaced return spring & minor adjustments and done! grin

Hard plumbed my Fuel Delivery system from Fuel Pump to Carb. Had to form a new hard line from pump to new fuel filter. Also added a Banjo Eddy fuel line from Carb to complete hard plumbing. May have a vapor lock issue, not sure yet. Went to gas station, filled her up and then when ready to leave acted like Carb wasn't getting fuel. At first I thought Carb was flooded but after pumping pedal while cranking she finally started and ran just fine up to the garage where I parked her last night. Probably next week end before I will have time to investigate further. confused

Before & after pic's of fuel deivery with new carb:

100_2741.jpg

100_3325.jpg

Doug

Doug when I replaced my Holley with a 1406 I started have fuel problems on my 72. The fuel pump was bleeding off/back or whatever. Replace the pump and it starts on the first try now. I really had to crank it over for longer than I liked to get he fuel back to the carb.

• 5 months later...
Replaced Eddey Carb with new Eddy 1406 Carb. Throttle Return Spring interfered with chock linkage, replaced return spring & minor adjustments and done! grin

Hard plumbed my Fuel Delivery system from Fuel Pump to Carb. Had to form a new hard line from pump to new fuel filter. Also added a Banjo Eddy fuel line from Carb to complete hard plumbing. May have a vapor lock issue, not sure yet. Went to gas station, filled her up and then when ready to leave acted like Carb wasn't getting fuel. At first I thought Carb was flooded but after pumping pedal while cranking she finally started and ran just fine up to the garage where I parked her last night. Probably next week end before I will have time to investigate further. confused

Before & after pic's of fuel deivery with new carb:

Doug

Doug, it looks really sweet !!! I plan doing the pretty the same fuel delivery system as soon as I got my new Carb / Intake wink

Looks like Romain found the original What did you do to your Monte post cool Car cleaned up real nice shifter

Ahahah yes it looks like laugh

Today a tried to replace my headliner.

Did not know how to do start... I tried to look all around the headliner and finally give up... Will try that later, it's too cold to work on my Monte frown