Guess the monte bought a monte carlo today !!

LS5

Well, had my surgery and all was well as of thursday morning ..

Now its Friday and not gonna let that slow me down, so i went out and bought a Monte Carlo but cant post pics until i get home with it. So now lets have a guessing game on color etc to see who's correct.. While i am trailering it some 17 hours home and then fill you guys in on what it is and yes its rare in a sence...haha talk to you soon.

Darren.

Congrats on now owning another Monte! And glad to hear the surgery went well.

I would say Green, but that would be too obvious an answer from me, Ill go with Jim and the Gobi! I had a 72 Chevelle in that color with a sandlewood interior and thats one of the few cars I do miss

Well time to call it a night as the first 23 hours of driving are done as that was 17hours each way...:(

Good guess Troy.. So its not Blue and then again not Green so YES Troy Misty Turquoise it is, the year is 1970... Would have been nice in Gobi Beige but Misty will be just as great.. Has Factory buckets and console with A/C and power windows as well and the best till last on the model.....Convertible...!!!!

Will post pics when i finish the rest of the trip and home again.. Thanks for guessing along makes the road trip cool when you stop and check in...

smile

Darren.... I pushed the envelope to far today and feeling the pain so better rest up.. Ttyl

Lets see is I got this right Darrren had shown me some pictures during the week of what he was looking at 25241234_640.jpg while its not a ss or a custom but its a very nice ragtop. Some information Darren had shared with me its a 350/350 car most likely with a 10 bolt rear.

Glad I was able to guess the year and color. Any prizes for that? smile

Just for the record I've only met 2 members from the club...Andreas and Jim McQueeny (new member JMCQ442) however I've spoken to many of you via the message forum.

Darren, pictures will be fantastic when you have the time. I owe pictures as well once my SS gets delivered this weekend.

Thanks--Troy

Glad your doing better bud and that everything went well. As everyone knows any Monte is worth trailering for 17hrs. Well maybe not a green one.. Anyhow, can't wait to see your new toy, now it's time to update that awful looking signature. lol

Congrats Darren, I didn't want to spill the beans. grin

Surprised that you left. Thurs night you had and infection and going to stay at your brothers for a couple of days??

Anyways glad that you guys are on the way to bring the Monte home.

Travel safe.

Vaughn

Love it! That one has a great roof line. I have seen some that it just doesn't look correct. One donor car is better than another but I don't remember if it was Buick or Olds that gives the best roof line.

Bruce

Speaking of Monte vertables and not trying to hijack thread I like the look of the 70 vertable on The Parts Place website. Think I need a new condenser fro the AC on my 72 and that was at the top of the page.

Congrats Darren.....the Monte looks awesome even if it didn't come with a metal roof. LOL

It looks great though really. Better get yourself a FGMCC hat so you don't lose any hair. LOL

Can't wait to see more photos.

I hope you are healing well and don't overdue it on the trip to get it.

Cheers,

Larry