Monte Fuego Foose Reunion

Hey guys...Just thought I'd post a few pics from the Chip Foose Braselton Bash last month...My younger brother and I took the Monte Fuego cross country and got to hang out with Chip several times during the weekend...He really is as nice as everyone says he is...He signed the car and even drew a sketch of it under the hood - very cool!!! The Monte was the talk of the show, and I ended up having a few beers with Chip and the Overhaulin' gang back at the hotel after the event...It was awesome! Can't wait to go again next year! I uploaded a few new pics in case some of you were interested! Enjoy! Mike

Year_One_Photo.JPG

AWESOME. Had I known you would have been there, I would have made it a point to go for sure. Braselton is only less than 2 hours from me, and I've never made it to the bash.

I would like to meet Chip also.

Mike,

How proud you must have been to be able to tell him the next episode of this great car. You have done a great job and should be proud. There is no substitute for the amount of time you have put into that car. I am sure your redo of the Monte was much better than his. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just mean there is no way they could do as nice of a job in the short amount of time they had to do it.

Rob

Congratulations on your achievement, Mike! You've done an amazing restoration on a stunning Monte.

Hanging out with Chip was a rare opportunity but it had to be even more impressive for him to see what you have done to/for Monte Fuego! A great experience for all involved!!

Looking forward to hearing/seeing more of the new Monte Fuego as you have time to share.

Yeah, I watched that episode when it first aired in total amazement and jealousy that a guy could be so lucky to have his monte restored to better than factory condition. Ironically, I just watched it again this morning. This time, however, was in disgust knowing how it was treated afterward. It looked worse when Michael got a hold of it than before it was overhauled by Chip Foose and crew. That's just sad. And to have listened to the guy talk about how his father was the original owner and that he was going to pass it down to his own son one day just to treat it in such a manner and then sell it. And for a pretty penny I'm sure. I'd give my left nut to have my 'Mistress' restored. Heck, for Chip Foose to be the one to perform the restoration, I'd throw in a kidney as well. That guy knew how good he had it and still chose to dismiss all that hard work those people put into his ride. Makes me want to puke!

Chip was very interested in the story. He didn't even know the car had been sold. I had put together an album of pictures showing what the car looked like when I got it and he spent quite a while looking through the pictures of the reoverhaul. He thanked me several times for taking care of and restoring the Monte Fuego and asked for my contact info. I also met the man who made the wheels and several of the other overhaulin guys. They all shared stories about the hard work that went into the car and told me how grateful they were that it had been preserved. Overall it was a great weekend and I couldn't have been happier. Chip was an awesome guy!

Chip is "the man". I loved the old show and have missed the new episodes. I remember when they did that car and thought how much I wish they were doing mine. Hard to believe some people have no respect for the efforts and love that went into fixing that car. Glad you saved it. It is gorgeous!

so what initially happened to this car for it to be "saved"?? ive always wondered where this car went and the story on it.

The car was run hard and pretty beat up (dents, dirty interior, etc). The engine needed rebuilding too. Pretty sad to see that after all that work on Overhaulin.

Here's what it looked like when Mike got it:

http://www.firstgenmc.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=588

Here's Mike's restoration:

http://www.firstgenmc.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=606

Great story!

I remember that episode with the Fuego and I was sitting there on the couch with my wife, eyes just welling up when they showed the car to the guy. The emotion turned into anger and disgust when I found out what happened to it years later (I'll save that rant).

At any rate, that was an awesome way to complete the restoration!