What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

DiamondBack sells anything you need. Google them. They have a huge catalog.

Greg, I love your new tires!! Reminds me of my first new '70 Monte! Those tires and wheel covers really give your SS a sleeper look!

May I ask what brand they are and your source? A set of those in a size similar to the original G70's or G78's are all I need to complete the alter ego look of skirts and turbine wheel covers for my SS car.

Thanks.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Guys. I appreciate the kind words. My goal was to recreate what I had and wanted in my original Monte back in the day. Back then the 1971 Monte with the elusive Aluminum headed LS6 4 speed combo was my "dream" car. One of the local racers swears he had one. That was back then. Who knows? With the combination of old memories and modern technology, I have the modern version of an old "dream".

Looks awesome Greg! I love it!

Originally Posted By: MCfan
Greg, I love your new tires!! Reminds me of my first new '70 Monte! Those tires and wheel covers really give your SS a sleeper look!

May I ask what brand they are and your source? A set of those in a size similar to the original G70's or G78's are all I need to complete the alter ego look of skirts and turbine wheel covers for my SS car.

Thanks.

No luck finding them. Do you have a direct link?

http://www.dbtires.com/tires.html

Originally Posted By: Mom's Car

Originally Posted By: MCfan

Thanks.

No luck finding them. Do you have a direct link?

Cleaned it up and drove it yesterday and today until my throttle cable gets in to the dealership on my 98 S10 DD. Cruising down the highway and the thing randomly snaps...100$ in parts and tow fees later.

I prefit the tail panel I bought from Jared then pulled the gas tank. Getting ready to cut out the trunk floor and prepping for the new one. It was nice to have unexpected time to work on the Monte.

Drove mine to work today shifter

Didn't really care about a heater too much when I was building my car, figured I would never use it anyway. But a day like today I couldn't resist getting her out for possibly the last time. Needless to say the heater worked great, even better than I expected grin. 38 degrees & sunny today, haven't thrown the EVIL SALT yet but we did have some snow last week followed by 68 degrees with severe storms/tornadoes 2 days ago nutz. Crazy freakin Michigan weather.

Dumped in some fuel stabilizer and filled the tank with some 93 octane, hope to get one more cruise in yet, but who knows...

Clocked on about 1200 miles on her since the end of June.

I purchased a full set of rear bumper brackets around a week ago from Hector in California. They showed up today and are in even better condition than I thought. These will powder coat perfectly with no pitting and I'll swap them out down the road when I'm ready. smile

RearBumperBrackets2_zps63bde7fa.jpg

So when I bought my car the guy told me that the clock worked but he had just pulled the fuse so it wouldn't sit there running for no reason. Well eventually I took a look at the fuse block and all of the fuses were in (I should have known because everything else worked) so I figured he was just saying that. I talked to him a month ago and sort of mentioned it, he said he might of pulled the wire, it was back in 94' and he wasnt sure. So the other night I decided to look into it and sure enough, blindly feeling up behind the dash I felt a loose wire and was able connect it, and it actually works. I took a quick video of it and unplugged it again.